Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gantan88

My 3ng - Starting My Life Anew

Hi Rondy,

In fact i am very very very in a rush. I already scolded the Contractor like ****. But cannot overdo it because later they anyhow do my house. In the years to come got problem..

Scheduling is horrible.

Tomorrow morning - arranged mover to move all my barangs barangs from stores to the house.

Tomorrow or Sunday am/pm - people come install the 2nd piece of WC and the rest of the toilet fittings, paint my kitchen wall (either they paint wrongly or the existing white colour is only the undercoat.)

Mon/Tue - lighting installations.

Wed/Thur - Kitchen cabinet comes in and furnitures deliver to new house.

Saturday, move my barang barang from my rented house to new house.

Officially on next Sunday night, i sleep in new house already.

Any cock up i am done for, sleep in void deck liao.

Wa lao.. very worried actually.

If anyone wants to hear my review on my Contractor/Company, pls PM me.... very bad....

you can state your contractor and company here so that everyone can know their workmanship.

please also list the problems you faced with them and what's their response when you feedback tot them

But i call up Lena FLoor Option, she said that original Pergo skirting is like that one leh, slanted one.. but at the end got a capping to cover it up.

They can cut it straight for me actually, but the original capping cannot fit liao, instead they will use putty to 'seal' up the termination end.

I am very puzzled. Pergo, such established brand, why they design their skirting slanted? Impossible.

Which house in this world has slanted door frame?

Can anyone who installed Pergo flooring come in and advise me?

I am meeting the installer again tomorrow afternoon. I dun want to be kanna smoked.

Thanks a lot!!!

it's true that pergo skirting is slanted so that you can have a end-cap. if they cut it straight for you, it will look odd as the colour doesn't match. (cut straight will show another colour which is the internal of the laminate)

but the question is, where is your end-cap? your pics don't show the end-cap.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
you can state your contractor and company here so that everyone can know their workmanship.

please also list the problems you faced with them and what's their response when you feedback tot the.

I will write a simple review on this after i settled down. There are in fact a few Contractors under that company, maybe i kanna the incompetent one. Anyway i will provide the review after i settle in. Just came back from site. Moved all barangs barangs from store to new house and also another15 boxes from my rented place. The China guy is good. Anyone needs mover, PM me, i give the contacts. He speaks english also as he has stayed in Singapore for 17 years.

it's true that pergo skirting is slanted so that you can have a end-cap. if they cut it straight for you, it will look odd as the colour doesn't match. (cut straight will show another colour which is the internal of the laminate)

You are right! I didnt see any capping like thing terminated at the end. Anyway i have called Lena to find out what other options i have. I have not pay her yet.

Are we suppose to take back the surplus (if any) of the planks? Like tiles, we keep the surplus.

ya lor,whatever they said,never pay them full amount and always hold back some balance.

If not satisfied with the result,then insist of not paying.

I think u are a little to gentle le.Unlike me a bit beng :P

If they said there is end-cap,let's wait and see the end result,if u are satisfied with it,then accept it lor.

If not,insist they do something to it.Don't forget,u are the one gonna live with it..

Talk about it.i think i need to go back and have a good look at mine. :P

Can you post pic of your laminate flooring? Or the link to the pic in your T-Blog?

I have not pay for the laminate flooring yet!

:D

Decided to hear some comments in here although it may not be the best place to do so:

My reno contract is a few pages document. Essentially, it consists only of the various works and the costing. Then at the last page, it only state the payment milestone at various stages.

There is only verbal agreement of the handover date to be at 15 Jan 2010. I know verbal agreement is as good as no agreement.

The contract did not state house handover date and also did not state the compensation details if there is a delay in handover.

In this case, what is the success rate if i seek for compensation for all the delays?

In this scenario, what can i do to seek compensaton?

hi gantan, how's your bi-fold door? alamak told me alex did your bi-fold door.

how's the quality of the product and service? have you installed it yet? what's the price with gst?

Hi gantan,

saw the photos on the skirting, no one will accept it for sure. Or maybe u wld like to contact Supreme Flooring directly?? I almost getting Supreme too but my contractor fren told me tat they like going to close down their ofc in here so I hold back and took another brand.

I think without the proper documentation on the agreement, it will be quite hard to ask for the compensation and not sure CASE will be able to accept it too. Wat u can do is maybe try to take more photos of your hse reno as a support prove on the job they had done.

Sorry I cant't help much.

I email Lena the pic and she said that the kind of termination as shown in the picture is the end-cap. 'End-cap' not neccessary means there is really a cap-like thing that wraps up the end-point. She also said that all customers skirting are like that including her own house.

I have ordered her to go down to site tomorrow afternoon during lunch time to see what can be done.

Duhz.....

hi gantan, how's your bi-fold door? alamak told me alex did your bi-fold door.

how's the quality of the product and service? have you installed it yet? what's the price with gst?

Ossify, my window grille and bi-fold doors will be done by Alex - this Wed. Overall he is an accomodating guy. Not bad really.

He is recommended. Service is ok. Product wise i have not start using it yet! :-)

Price wise.. i think i PM u tonight :-)

Hi gantan,

saw the photos on the skirting, no one will accept it for sure. Or maybe u wld like to contact Supreme Flooring directly?? I almost getting Supreme too but my contractor fren told me tat they like going to close down their ofc in here so I hold back and took another brand.

I think without the proper documentation on the agreement, it will be quite hard to ask for the compensation and not sure CASE will be able to accept it too. Wat u can do is maybe try to take more photos of your hse reno as a support prove on the job they had done.

Sorry I cant't help much.

Hi Pomme,

My flooring is Pergo, not Supreme. Um... maybe u got a point, i can try contacting Pergo directly but dunno Pergo got local office a not.... gotta check.

I thought of seeking compensation is more for the delays of the work and handover, not really about the poor quality of products, so dunno how useful the pictures will be.

No problem, i know when it comes to legal issue, not easy to sort things out.

So u enjoying your house? I didn't use wall light afterall :)

Hi Pomme,

My flooring is Pergo, not Supreme. Um... maybe u got a point, i can try contacting Pergo directly but dunno Pergo got local office a not.... gotta check.

I thought of seeking compensation is more for the delays of the work and handover, not really about the poor quality of products, so dunno how useful the pictures will be.

No problem, i know when it comes to legal issue, not easy to sort things out.

So u enjoying your house? I didn't use wall light afterall :)

Sorry, why I keep thinking is Supreme leh??? Blur mind.

Prego has a ofc here and I'd visited their ofc cum showrm b4 with my gf.

Know their ofc is somewhere near Centra Mall @Clark Quay. Along the stretch of shophses. Dun think I still keep their contact....aiyo.

Edited by Pomme

Decided to hear some comments in here although it may not be the best place to do so:

My reno contract is a few pages document. Essentially, it consists only of the various works and the costing. Then at the last page, it only state the payment milestone at various stages.

There is only verbal agreement of the handover date to be at 15 Jan 2010. I know verbal agreement is as good as no agreement.

The contract did not state house handover date and also did not state the compensation details if there is a delay in handover.

In this case, what is the success rate if i seek for compensation for all the delays?

In this scenario, what can i do to seek compensaton?

Hi gantan! sorry to hear about all the problems.

I am intending to hold back 25% of payment... so worried that my contractor might not finish up everything nicely. Especially since my house' paint job is so bad! And the painter came back quite a few times already.

Dont think you can ask for compensation leh since there is no written agreement... it'll be a waste of your time, effort and money to try and win this case... but perhaps you can approach the boss and check with him whether he is willing to let you splash the dirt here compared to him compensating you...

I am not expert in this... nor have i experienced this before - I sure as **** hope I never need to know info like this as well...

Hope everything turns out well for you

Sorry, why I keep thinking is Supreme leh??? Blur mind.

Prego has a ofc here and I'd visited their ofc cum showrm b4 with my gf.

Know their ofc is somewhere near Centra Mall @Clark Quay. Along the stretch of shophses. Dun think I still keep their contact....aiyo.

Hi Pomme, no problem, I can always google it, should be able to get something. But i dunno if i got time to go down. Anyway your info is useful. Maybe yellow pages also have...

Thanks!

Hi gantan! sorry to hear about all the problems.

I am intending to hold back 25% of payment... so worried that my contractor might not finish up everything nicely. Especially since my house' paint job is so bad! And the painter came back quite a few times already.

Dont think you can ask for compensation leh since there is no written agreement... it'll be a waste of your time, effort and money to try and win this case... but perhaps you can approach the boss and check with him whether he is willing to let you splash the dirt here compared to him compensating you...

I am not expert in this... nor have i experienced this before - I sure as **** hope I never need to know info like this as well...

Hope everything turns out well for you

How bad is it? Take some pics and post it here? Mine also got some areas 'neglected' not painted properly. But my main goal now is to move in on time. After that i will collate alist of rectification work. I am withholdng 5%... think $1000+ only....

If u withhold too much, they may tell u they have no money to buy the raw materials or pay their subcontractors etc and work will cease. Think pay accordingly to the work done....

For my case i know not much hope, but there is some details which i did not say here so far. I will put everthing together into my review after i settle down. The main concern now is to shift in by this weekend..

Updates...

Today the plumber finally came and install the last piece of WC and toilet accessories. I forgot to mark out the toilet roll holder position, so that is left out. So they did not install for me. Haiz...

Tomorrow installing lightings.. FINALLY! Wat is a house with no lights?

I got to rush down during lunch time from east to west just to tell the electrician the lighting position, orientation etc... then rush back to office again.

Tomorrow also my furniture delivery.

Contractor also tell me tomorrow they will deliver the cabinets (in pieces) to site tomorrow. Installation will be either on Wed or Thur. I got very fedup with the way they do thngs. Cannot give me a fix date. I dun get it. The more busy they are, the more they need to plan and do scheduling. But they are doing every thing on an ad-hoc basis. Like putting my house on lower priority compared to other jobs.

How bad is it? Take some pics and post it here? Mine also got some areas 'neglected' not painted properly. But my main goal now is to move in on time. After that i will collate alist of rectification work. I am withholdng 5%... think $1000+ only....

If u withhold too much, they may tell u they have no money to buy the raw materials or pay their subcontractors etc and work will cease. Think pay accordingly to the work done....

For my case i know not much hope, but there is some details which i did not say here so far. I will put everthing together into my review after i settle down. The main concern now is to shift in by this weekend..

every reno job has a minimum of 20% profit margin. normally is 35% profit margin. your 5% doesn't really mean that much to them :) that's why most of the disputed cases will just waive the last 5%

raw material is very cheap. i redid my 3rm, raw materials in total inclusive of tiles cost... less than $3000.