Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Little Monkey

How Long Is The Wait For 2nd Appt?

when shud i ask the lawyer, before the 1st appt?

For me i let my lawyer know before my 1st appt and she told me she will arrange it during our 1st appt.

n may i know if the lawyer appear with us in the first appt?

My 1st appt has not arrived yet but from what i know is during 1st appt, the lawyer will not be there. He/She will only be there during the 2nd appt.

I think my seller have intention to complete later than 6 weeks, i still can request my lawyer to push? Thanks

On avg the 2nd appt is about 6 wks from 1st appt.

If u want an early completion date, as a buyer u need to get consensus from ur seller and both MUST agreed on the early completion date.

If your seller have intention of later date, then u do not need to seek your lawyer liao cos anything more than 6 wks, can be arranged during your 1st appt unless 'traffic jam' occurs @ HDB.

If u still have doubt, you can contact the officer-in-charge(HDB) of ur flat transaction, you can get this information when u log into the HDB e-services using ur singpass or call 1800-866 3066.

I hope all these info helps u.... :rolleyes:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I think this is very funny decision? how can a buyer doesnt have the right get his house after paying $$??!!

think anything before the completion of 2nd appt, the house still does not belong to the buyer yet as the transaction is not fully completed as CPF is doing the transaction at the same time as well.

For me i let my lawyer know before my 1st appt and she told me she will arrange it during our 1st appt.

My 1st appt has not arrived yet but from what i know is during 1st appt, the lawyer will not be there. He/She will only be there during the 2nd appt.

On avg the 2nd appt is about 6 wks from 1st appt.

If u want an early completion date, as a buyer u need to get consensus from ur seller and both MUST agreed on the early completion date.

If your seller have intention of later date, then u do not need to seek your lawyer liao cos anything more than 6 wks, can be arranged during your 1st appt unless 'traffic jam' occurs @ HDB.

If u still have doubt, you can contact the officer-in-charge(HDB) of ur flat transaction, you can get this information when u log into the HDB e-services using ur singpass or call 1800-866 3066.

I hope all these info helps u.... :rolleyes:

So i dun think i will approach my lawyer. Many thanks.

think anything before the completion of 2nd appt, the house still does not belong to the buyer yet as the transaction is not fully completed as CPF is doing the transaction at the same time as well.

Can i say that our $$ must clear before 6 weeks? so after 6 weeks if we able to get the house, y still let the seller to stay longer n affect our reno, cannot manage to complete before CNY, besides, we also suffer paying more rental to our current house.

Can i say that our $$ must clear before 6 weeks? so after 6 weeks if we able to get the house, y still let the seller to stay longer n affect our reno, cannot manage to complete before CNY, besides, we also suffer paying more rental to our current house.

Some seller's new house may not be ready for them to move in yet. Therefore they will ask for extension period. Of course you have the right to ask them to pay you rental for the extension period.

Everything(including $$) will only be completed during ur 2nd appt.

jthk18,

before u sign ur OTP, have the seller discussed and get ur consensus to stay @ the house after completion? If he has not then u have the utmost reason not to let him extend his stay. Bcos by law, they cannot stay @ ur flat after completion and HDB do not encourage that. As a buyer we sometime do it out of 'compassion' ground.

As for me, i will also be staying at my 'old' flat after completion for 2 mths and all these were being highlighted to my buyer before they even sign the OTP.

And everything will then be written in black & white with both acknowledging the agreement. In this way, everything is spelled out clearly in papers, fair to both parties.

So if u cannot get ur new flat, u got any plan B? like temp staying with ur parents to cut down on ur rental fee?

Edited by dianawee

You are right lawyer will not be there on the 1st appt, but I think the lawyer will only send his assistant to HDB during the 2nd appt and buyers will go to the lawyer office to collect keys etc.

I've been renting a room for about a year with my hubby now. There's no available room at parent house. Inlaws don't want us to move into their house.

If the seller die die wants to move out of the house later, what else can we do? We can only push/nag/negotiate with them. The seller and his family also need a shelter before their next house is ready. So I agree to their extension request out of goodwill.

Edited by forgotten

Everything(including $$) will only be completed during ur 2nd appt.

jthk18,

before u sign ur OTP, have the seller discussed and get ur consensus to stay @ the house after completion? If he has not then u have the utmost reason not to let him extend his stay. Bcos by law, they cannot stay @ ur flat after completion and HDB do not encourage that. As a buyer we sometime do it out of 'compassion' ground.

As for me, i will also be staying at my 'old' flat after completion for 2 mths and all these were being highlighted to my buyer before they even sign the OTP.

And everything will then be written in black & white with both acknowledging the agreement. In this way, everything is spelled out clearly in papers, fair to both parties.

So if u cannot get ur new flat, u got any plan B? like temp staying with ur parents to cut down on ur rental fee?

Hi Diana,

We did ask when they can handover their unit before OTP and they said earlier completion is not a problem as they wish to complete everything ASAP as well (I suspect the owners going to divorce). but when i contact seller agent 3 weeks back regarding the earlier completion date or to complete on the earliest date between 6 & 8 weeks after 1st appointment, he suggest to discuss in the first appointment. Then i insist to confirm the date before 1st appointment so that we won't argue on the completion date in the 1st appointment. After ding dong for about 3 weeks, the seller agent sms me that the owner can't find a place to move and they need to stay until Jan (nvr mention which date). So i think this is not fair to me, as i wan to rush my reno before CNY. Besides, i have to pay more $$ to continue renting my current place.

BTW, FYI, i heard my agent told me this before>> some buyer have sign the paper to let the seller to stay in their unit after the completion, but after completion the buyer chase the seller to move out. U'd better check with your agent if the Supplementary Agreement bind or not?

I've been renting a room for about a year with my hubby now. There's no available room at parent house. Inlaws don't want us to move into their house.

If the seller die die wants to move out of the house later, what else can we do? We can only push/nag/negotiate with them. The seller and his family also need a shelter before their next house is ready. So I agree to their extension request out of goodwill.

If the seller mentioned in the first place, then we can consider. But if they promise to move out earlier then after the OTP he change their mind again, that's very bad!!!

If the seller mentioned in the first place, then we can consider. But if they promise to move out earlier then after the OTP he change their mind again, that's very bad!!!

Bingo! That happened exactly to me lor sigh...

Hi Diana,

We did ask when they can handover their unit before OTP and they said earlier completion is not a problem as they wish to complete everything ASAP as well (I suspect the owners going to divorce). but when i contact seller agent 3 weeks back regarding the earlier completion date or to complete on the earliest date between 6 & 8 weeks after 1st appointment, he suggest to discuss in the first appointment. Then i insist to confirm the date before 1st appointment so that we won't argue on the completion date in the 1st appointment. After ding dong for about 3 weeks, the seller agent sms me that the owner can't find a place to move and they need to stay until Jan (nvr mention which date). So i think this is not fair to me, as i wan to rush my reno before CNY. Besides, i have to pay more $$ to continue renting my current place.

BTW, FYI, i heard my agent told me this before>> some buyer have sign the paper to let the seller to stay in their unit after the completion, but after completion the buyer chase the seller to move out. U'd better check with your agent if the Supplementary Agreement bind or not?

well i think all these will just depend on our luck whether we have got ourselves a seller with a heart or not.....*finger crossed* now i just hope that my buyer wont do that to me......

It's better that we don't 'tear the bridge' with our seller/buyer. I hope to maintain an amicable relationship with my seller.

I heard of stories where buyers sent gangsters to seller's house to force them to move out; sellers smashed the toilet bowls, damaged the pipes and dirtied whole house before handing it over to buyers.

Edited by forgotten

well i think all these will just depend on our luck whether we have got ourselves a seller with a heart or not.....*finger crossed* now i just hope that my buyer wont do that to me......

Good luck :)