Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
amrasenelya

Amras And Enelya's Home..

Yupz, it is very nice! But hor, tink it'll not be good to do this in bedroom. Will collect lots of dust woh. Maybe **** rm or dining room will look great. :P

hehe yah nicer in the living room.. but budget house no budget for tis mei mei feature wall.. only got budget for different colour painted wall.. lol..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
featurewall1.jpg

this is the feature wall i was talking abt!! although its a dust magnet... but very chio huh??? :D

with the lightings reflected on it especially..

but i duno what they used to do the uneven surfaces.. dun think is tiles...

Hihi amrasenelya,

This feature wall look like carpentry to me. The surface should be laminates bah.. You can show this pic to Henry and ask him about it. Hee.. :D

Edited: If you really like it and concern about the dust, you might want to modify abit and turn it into a display cabinet with full length clear glass infront. Should be quite nice and classy. Hee..

Edited by Rasp

Chose our toilet floor tiles at Hafary a few weeks back..

Only the floor tiles will be overlayed, the existing wall tiles came from HDB.. not very nice, but still acceptable cus no funny/weird designs except for the pseudo mosaic..

P1040419.jpg

master toilet (brought the samples to the flat to take photo so dat can visualize better. hahah)

P1040424.jpg

common toilet

One thing we forgot when selecting tiles, is the cement base for the fridge and washer in kitchen, cus current owner dun have cement base at all in kitchen...

The existing kitchen floor tile is small (i assume 30x30cm) and in pink, we have no idea whether to select a grey tile for the base or something close to pink for the base.. :dunno:

Will it look weird to have a different coloured tile for the fridge and washer base or shld we get pink? but i dun think possible to get back very similar pink tiles leh... hai...

Hihi amrasenelya,

This feature wall look like carpentry to me. The surface should be laminates bah.. You can show this pic to Henry and ask him about it. Hee.. :D

Edited: If you really like it and concern about the dust, you might want to modify abit and turn it into a display cabinet with full length clear glass infront. Should be quite nice and classy. Hee..

hehe i think i showed him bef, but he warned me dat it'd bring up the cost... :P

hmm.. abt that display cabinet thing, i dun have much carpentry with open or clear display, cus like u, i wanna go for easy maintenance, and even if inside is messy, nobody can see! :D

hehe yah nicer in the living room.. but budget house no budget for tis mei mei feature wall.. only got budget for different colour painted wall.. lol..

Haha yah. Nice to look at, hard on the pockets. :P

One thing we forgot when selecting tiles, is the cement base for the fridge and washer in kitchen, cus current owner dun have cement base at all in kitchen...

The existing kitchen floor tile is small (i assume 30x30cm) and in pink, we have no idea whether to select a grey tile for the base or something close to pink for the base.. :dunno:

Will it look weird to have a different coloured tile for the fridge and washer base or shld we get pink? but i dun think possible to get back very similar pink tiles leh... hai...

Do you really need a cement base for fridge and w/m? That will limit the size of the fridge or w/m you can get.

Do you really need a cement base for fridge and w/m? That will limit the size of the fridge or w/m you can get.

Hey ossify, i also duno leh, dun think we'll flood the kitchen with water, cus there's no "step" between the kitchen n living room..

but hor, if u look at the floor plan, the fridge and washer size is already determined by the kitchen cabinets liao.. so make or dun make cement base actually no difference with regards to the size leh... :unsure:

Hey ossify, i also duno leh, dun think we'll flood the kitchen with water, cus there's no "step" between the kitchen n living room..

but hor, if u look at the floor plan, the fridge and washer size is already determined by the kitchen cabinets liao.. so make or dun make cement base actually no difference with regards to the size leh... :unsure:

make cement base = $

why pay for something you don't need?

make cement base = $

why pay for something you don't need?

umm.. additional cost abt $200+ i tink.. if dun make base, gotta mop underneath the fridge n washer..

if make base, can mini flood the kitchen, water from the floor wont reach the bottom fridge easily.. :unsure:

umm.. additional cost abt $200+ i tink.. if dun make base, gotta mop underneath the fridge n washer..

if make base, can mini flood the kitchen, water from the floor wont reach the bottom fridge easily.. :unsure:

thought you said you are not going to flood the kitchen? :D

$200+ can buy a nice ceiling fan :D

Finally... after months of waiting, our 2nd appointment is coming up next week... and can finally start reno immediately after... yay!

Ooo congrates! The wait is ending soon and the fun begins! :D

Tadaa! got our keys today! :yeah:

Will start reno and hacking tmr! dunno why, i feel happy when i see the contractor marks a "X" on the things we gonna rid of.... :P

Our pre-reno state...

P1040825.jpg

view from doorway...

P1040827.jpg

view from living room windows..

P1040830.jpg

P1040828.jpg

kitchen

P1040839.jpg

common toilet..

Edited by amrasenelya

Pre-reno part 2..

P1040831.jpg

Common room 1

P1040833.jpg

Common room 2

P1040834.jpg

Master bedroom

P1040837.jpg

P1040838.jpg

Master bedroom toilet

Tmr hopefully can settle the toilet fittings too!

Btw, just a quick question, will the contractor install the fittings in the middle or near the end of the reno stage?