Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
streamatic

Who Bear The Cost Of Repair For Leaking Roof? (apartment Management Or Owner)

I need advice for a private apartment that I bought recently. The unit is 4 years old and I just found unfortunate issue during my renovation.

My master bedroom comes with a 9 meter square balcony with Glass roof top (glass is sitting on metal frame and the meter frame is sitting on top the 4 walls). The balcony is standard design with other units of the apartment. However I found out that during raining - water is sipping through all around the glass frame perimeter down my walls.

My designer mention that the leaking from the top is due to the silicon is worn off and suggest the best way is to remove the whole roof and redo the silicon rather than pasting a silicon over it (which will not last). My question is whether is this responsibility of the apartment management since its nothing related to the internal of the apartment but exterior of my apartment that causes the leaking. Any advice?

Thank you

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You need to check the BCA approved plans of the project, which can be obtained from the Managing Agent. Usually, such glass roof on balcony is not part of the approved plans, and is considered owner addition. Sometimes the approved plans show a trellis, but no glass, which means.. glass is done by owner.

If glass is shown on approved plans, then is considered as MCST property.

You need to check the BCA approved plans of the project, which can be obtained from the Managing Agent. Usually, such glass roof on balcony is not part of the approved plans, and is considered owner addition. Sometimes the approved plans show a trellis, but no glass, which means.. glass is done by owner.

If glass is shown on approved plans, then is considered as MCST property.

Thank you all for the replied. I check