Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aunty

Air Problem? Human Problem?

Recently I realised that whenever I’m back home, my skin will start to itch, and sometimes, the skin is so painful like ant bite.. Ask hubby if he feel so, he say no.. Condition will get worst when I sit on the sofa, however Hubby just washed the sofa and cushion cover.. Hubby say I think too much, and over reactive on things as no one face such condition in the house except me. When I show hubby my skin, he say either I have sensitive skin or the air in the house is dry. But i don't encounter such pro in my mom's place.. Is that true.. He say he’s going to get the air humidifier. Will It help??? I’m so frustrated over the skin issue that I don’t like to be home.. Please help... :help:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

go see doc tell doc about your skin condition. you might be allergic to the material of the sofa. you might need to do a skin test.

Actually you more or less isolated the problem and its your sofa.

Hi aunty (haha, sounds a bit weird :D )

I have skin related problems for the past 2 years. I am also sensitive to air-con (although this has never been proven).

I think it is easy for people without skin problem to brush it aside as over reacting cos they do not understand the discomfort and agony that we are going through.

I was initially diagnosed as eczema, then as urticaria and finally as psoriasis. I have receiving treatment at National Skin Centre (NSC) for the past 2 years but my conditions did not improve. Instead my psoriasis got worse and unbearable. Maybe i am allergic to the medication.

Just when I felt like giving up, my wife chanced upon a website on a skin clinic and we decided to give it a try. I have been under their medication for the past 3 months and my condition has seen a drastic improvement (I have given up on NSC). This is the link to the website [email=http://www.herosepharma.com/]http://www.herosepharma.com/

I am not suggesting to give NSC a miss but just sharing my personal experience.

Try changing to soap with moisturiser or those very creamy kind. Really makes a diff. Your home got aircon on? If too dry, open window a bit does help.

haiz. sofa ex ex, so cannot change. :P intending to get change soap and get some good lotion. wait and c how's the result in a wks time.

so there's nothing to do with the air circulation in the house??

If u are circulating the air with normal Sg outdoor air, the humidity is already high. If u are using aircon, then also depends on wad type of aircon u using. If u using normal resi aircon, then I suggest u up the temperature until just song song. But if u using commercial grade chiller type of central aircon that uses reheater type, then this one need to get engineer to retune.

But u being a woman.. sometimes could be a woman thing. but for me.. sometimes I use Protex.. kena dry itchy feeling, so change to milder type, or use lotion.

Some fabric sofa got add special stain resistent chemicals applied to the surface, maybe could be alegic to it.

haiz. sofa ex ex, so cannot change. :P intending to get change soap and get some good lotion. wait and c how's the result in a wks time.

so there's nothing to do with the air circulation in the house??

Just try it.

Rub only one hand on the sofa and make observations of it over the next few hours. Take pics if there are any rashes.