Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
discoburg

Top Vs Bottom Freezer Refrigerator

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Anyone here knows the pros and cons of the top and bottom freezer fridge? Please share with me.

Bottom freezer is more energy saving because cold air sinks, but the problem is small kid got access to ice cream easily. I will still get a bottom freezer, Mitisubishi stainless steel version.

Isn't the freeze isolated? So what it got to do with colde air sinks?

Bottom freezer is more energy saving because cold air sinks, but the problem is small kid got access to ice cream easily. I will still get a bottom freezer, Mitisubishi stainless steel version.

Isn't the freeze isolated? So what it got to do with colde air sinks?

Freezer is not isolated as what we thought. Check the internet, you will find the same theory.

When open freezer door, cold air will spill into the open.

Bottom freezer is usually a drawer, so when open the cold air will still trap inside the drawer instead of spill out.

Another consideration is that people normally open the fridge more than the freezer, so it's more ergonomical to have the freezer at the bottom, so you don't have to bend down all the time to see what's in your fridge.

Another consideration is that people normally open the fridge more than the freezer, so it's more ergonomical to have the freezer at the bottom, so you don't have to bend down all the time to see what's in your fridge.

i concur with that. My current fridge is a Panasonic bottom freezer bought about 7 years ago. serviced once cos my maid blocked the cold air outlets, hence causing the insides to form ice. other than that, it has served me well and has been very very quiet. think it's made in malaysia. need to change when moving house. Eyeing the Pana inverter MIJ multi door. Best Denki having a promotion at $2999.

very often, promoters will come and push their own brands. Fridge is old technology, so not too worried about reliability. as long as suit your budget, dimension and needs, go for it.

which brand of side by side fridge with silent motor and not so noisy?

does your fridge nosiy?

i have samsung side by side fridge less than a year, the motor very noisy. both side of fridge very hot.

Is the fridge spoil? Is it abnormal for fridge to be noisy?

once switch on cannot switch off right, the motor will spoil?

Edited by dean