Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aerial77_00

Lcd Or Plasma

Hmm ok thx ! any idea if there are shops renting BluRays ?

Not too sure if EZY Video do Bluray rentals but that's one option. The other is to buy it from Amazon US. Its much cheaper than getting from our local stores. Savings is sometimes as high as 50%. In fact there's an offer to buy UP, Monsters Inc & Cars Bluray for US30.97!!!! Now, that's a lot of savings. Postage is only US12.97. Not forgetting our S$ has strengthen against the USD. The last day of offer is by 30 Nov09

Some good reference Bluray movies -

1) Ironman

2) Knowing (the train crash scene)

3) Transformers 2 (the desert war scene)

4) Coraline (good 3d animation that brings the best pix quality if watched on plasma)

5) Hellboy 2 (the DTS HD master audio is awesome!!!!!)

Cheers

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hey whats so good about the SAMSUNG LED tv? does it save power? the salesman at the suntec city told me it does. and its the best now for colour and pictures. please help. i was about to purchase the 46 inch led samung at 2999 until my wife stepped in and pulled my ears to drag me along. I really want a 46 inch for my new tv room, but is LED the best? the LCD 46 inch by philips was 1599? so which shld i get, 1400 difference and promotion ends tmw. please help.

hey whats so good about the SAMSUNG LED tv? does it save power? the salesman at the suntec city told me it does. and its the best now for colour and pictures. please help. i was about to purchase the 46 inch led samung at 2999 until my wife stepped in and pulled my ears to drag me along. I really want a 46 inch for my new tv room, but is LED the best? the LCD 46 inch by philips was 1599? so which shld i get, 1400 difference and promotion ends tmw. please help.

Hope this help, from a TV guru. If u want my advise, go for plasma. Its not as expensive as one thinks.

Cheers

LED TV Technology Pros and Cons

by Robert Wiley

PROS

The viewing angle on LCD Televisions with LED back lighting has improved dramatically to plasma-like levels of 75 degrees with no contrast level degradation on some of the best ones.

The black levels on the best new LED TVs has improved to plasma like black levels while contrast levels still lag the best plasmas by hundreds of post calibration points

Brightness on LED based LCDs is better than the traditional flourescent bulbs

LED TVs will have better consistency of color information over time than traditional LCDs

LED backlit Televisions should in theory have a better lifespan than traditional LCD TVs or plasmas.

CONS

LED TVs with local dimming use more energy than traditional LCDs. It's not much, about 100W for a particular size range.

LED Televisions with discreet backlighting can have lots of dimensional depth to the cabinet. We recently reviewed one with a 6" depth to the cabinet – making it less wall mount friendly.

LED TVs are quite a bit more expensive than traditional LCD TVs

My brother bought Samsung 46” LCD TV at SITEX for $1599 at the Samsung booth :).

Oh, which series did u get? Anyone knows if any booths in SITEX sells home theatre systems?

My tv choices and uses:

Sports/soccer > Plasma, get Panasonic

Gaming console, PS3 > Sony Bravia LCD

Online gaming > iMac (irrelevant here i know, but wanna emphasize it's reflective screen actually makes colors and images POP!)