Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wennykoh

Renovation Blues

Just want to share my EM layout...

emfloorplan1.th.jpg

Your EM layout is same as mine... heehee. But your unit is much bigger. :P

Well...is still something to be excited and happy, most of us have reno-blue during the reno process.

Think of your house after reno, become nice nice....It will make u happy again! Is priceless... :rolleyes:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Well...is still something to be excited and happy, most of us have reno-blue during the reno process.

Think of your house after reno, become nice nice....It will make u happy again! Is priceless... :rolleyes:

everytime i see this layout i feel sad cos i always wanted my EM to have this layout but din manage to find one :(

everytime i see this layout i feel sad cos i always wanted my EM to have this layout but din manage to find one :(

pro and con leh... at least your clothing can be hang properly.. I have no where to hang leh...as I have a false ceiling in my balcony... I am using the mobile kind for hanging...I wish HDB make those old kind that allow us to hang bamboo poles outside of the balcony.

pro and con leh... at least your clothing can be hang properly.. I have no where to hang leh...as I have a false ceiling in my balcony... I am using the mobile kind for hanging...I wish HDB make those old kind that allow us to hang bamboo poles outside of the balcony.

mine also no space to hand laundry leh :(

now have to hang at my living area balcony so ugly leh :(

Hi red_devil & Angel81

Thanks...

Felt so miserable got to face my ID, if I only paid $1k, I rather forfeit $1k and engage other contractor...

I thot renovation is something exciting and happy...

Renovation should be sth exciting & happy. The fault lies with ur bad ID. But at least it's a learning experience, and u'll know wat to ask for/expect/bargain for when you engage a contractor to do the rest of the stuff. :)

mine also no space to hand laundry leh :(

now have to hang at my living area balcony so ugly leh :(

U mean ur 5rm or ur future EM? My EM can hang bamboo poles outside, but the poles are rather short, since the length of the space inside is rather short. :P

Renovation should be sth exciting & happy. The fault lies with ur bad ID. But at least it's a learning experience, and u'll know wat to ask for/expect/bargain for when you engage a contractor to do the rest of the stuff. :)

U mean ur 5rm or ur future EM? My EM can hang bamboo poles outside, but the poles are rather short, since the length of the space inside is rather short. :P

Wah! Angel your can hang outside har...Mine don't have leh..

can but not much lor and my mum says she does not like the idea of hanging outside the kitchen area so i would be fixing the ez lift at my balcony there :)

can but not much lor and my mum says she does not like the idea of hanging outside the kitchen area so i would be fixing the ez lift at my balcony there :)

aiyo..I wish I can hang outside lor... my balcony cannot hang outside...

Hi welcome to RT...

Not sure whether this will work out...he mentioned you can add or remove things that you like...so the 20% paid presume your total sum of reno 40K...will be 8k....

Can you just do 8k of work...perhaps like Capentry work or even just the hacking work...

I dun think you should get them to do tiling work if they got attitude problem...

then the rest get other contractor to do it...

Helo,

Dont be sad ok, Cheer up....

Like what danny say, hope you maximise 20% you have pay with the lousy ID. Is it ok to post the name of your ID here, so others will learn of his

"style" and not engage him again.

Btw, when your reno starting?

Hey peeps, Im just wondering, Say wenny have paid $8k, and she only ask the ID to do maybe only $2k of work.

After HO, cant the ID return $6k to her??

Since the contract only state

1) deposit is 20% of total contract amount

2) no minimum sum of reno works to be committed

3) ID agree, items can be add or remove from final quote

Hi wennykoh:

so sorry to hear abt your experience....it sometimes depend on our luck to find a good ID/contractor.

The ID who did reno of our current flat @ Sengkang in 2004 was pretty good. Everyone who came to our place likes the color scheme, zen design of our flat. But, when we wanted to engage him again to do reno for our new flat, we found out that his company went bankrupt not long after he did reno for our Sengkang flat (lucky....). Although a bit worried, we decided to give him another chance & met up with him in End Sep 2009 to discuss our new flat's reno. The meeting went well & he promised to get back to us ASAP & we also decided to give him the job although we knew his history (i've checked the records...looks like he's still an undischarged bankrupt). A week passed by & still no news, so my hubby tried to call him , sms him, email him...Not a single reply from him. Up to now....nothing...he disappeared just like that.

BTW, 20% for confirmation sounds quite expensive....we nego to 10% & for the rest of the payment schedule. Cannot let them get too much before the last stage -- handover....cos sure need to touch up before the flat is handed over.

We thought to get a contractor instead of ID, but after reading some comments @ this forum, it looks like that we'll need to know exactly what we want (design, color scheme, etc) if we engage a contractor. So, we decided to go to an ID firm.... although we already hv some ideas what design & color we want. ---> we managed to grab quite number of design books (i use "books" cos some of the booklets are quite thick lor...) from those ID firms we visited previously....heheheeh....

I'm hoping b4 CNY can HO and has been praying hard everyday that my dreams can be fulfilled hahahahaha :P

wendy mine sharing what's the val for your place ? :D

The seller val price was $550k and asking COV $10k, we paid $560k.

We re-val the place and gotten $570k. Committed very ex EM... not much $$ for reno

hey wenny,

sorry to hear abt ur experience with the ID, but better still be nice to him cus he still has to do up ur flat nicely... dun let him have any chance to give u slipshod work ya... :)

btw, wanna check with you, the 40" LCD from samsung dat u bought, what model issit and how much and where did u get it from? thankew! :P

Sometime I wanna vomit blood when I talk to my ID, he always rush off to hang up my phone before I can communicate properly. :(

I bought Series 5 Model: LA40B550K1M for $1399 from Mega Discount Store at Katong Mall.. I also didn't have time to do homework whether the price is reasonable or not... I feel I should have waited for SITEX and compare the price before buying.

http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/tv-audi...type=prd_detail

I told my agent I only want EM layout with balcony in the kitchen, north south facing, mid floor and above, and walking distance to mrt in Tampines.

My EM is the 1st EM we viewed and we liked but not sure if it was the right EM for us, considering the price is actually very much above our budget.

After viewing a few EMs including Pasir Ris area and we didn't like any of them somehow even though price is within our budget.

I asked my agent if the 1st EM was still available (the next blk val at $575 and asking COV $10k was sold within 2 weeks) we would take it. We just let God decide for us. I was surprise it was still available but marketed by different agent liao.

I need balcony that link to kitchen as I got 3 dogs. My dogs will be sleeping in the balcony and use the kitchen toilet :D

I told my agent I only want EM layout with balcony in the kitchen, north south facing, mid floor and above, and walking distance to mrt in Tampines.

My EM is the 1st EM we viewed and we liked but not sure if it was the right EM for us, considering the price is actually very much above our budget.

After viewing a few EMs including Pasir Ris area and we didn't like any of them somehow even though price is within our budget.

I asked my agent if the 1st EM was still available (the next blk val at $575 and asking COV $10k was sold within 2 weeks) we would take it. We just let God decide for us. I was surprise it was still available but marketed by different agent liao.

I need balcony that link to kitchen as I got 3 dogs. My dogs will be sleeping in the balcony and use the kitchen toilet :D

Wah lao 3 dogs :jawdrop:

i got 1 i already ta boleh tahan liao leh hahahahaha