Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
milkywhite

My White House

I see I see. will ask my contractor think they will know. Cos I am considering Formica. I used Formica previously and its very good after seven years, it still look new.

My contractor is Palace Reno. Ya It's quite cheap and most importantly so far they are quite responsible. Keep my fingers crossed. Plus they are fast dont dilly dally. Cos my neighbour's house reno for two months already and still haven complete.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Micky ah!i 101% agree with u saying Nothing last forever!!If we always have this in mind,less being perfectionist,everything will be smooth! :P

It also depends,how hard-working the owner is.Sometimes my solid top is stained over night!

Thus i can see the unsightly mark!I use Gif to clean it,and its all done.

I was told if it's stained long,it would become sturbborn stained!

Really ma, nothing last forever. Hahaha.

I believe most ppl when they spill a drink or stain something, will definitely try to clean it and remove the stain asap. :)

Guest Goobii
I see I see. will ask my contractor think they will know. Cos I am considering Formica. I used Formica previously and its very good after seven years, it still look new.

My contractor is Palace Reno. Ya It's quite cheap and most importantly so far they are quite responsible. Keep my fingers crossed. Plus they are fast dont dilly dally. Cos my neighbour's house reno for two months already and still haven complete.

:good:

hi,

great to know your reno smooth going....加油

your quotation very reasonable leh...ID or Contractor?

anyway hope to see more photo of completed work...cheers.

Hi everybody

have not been posting as i am too busy after my taiwan trip. For those who did approach my contractor

my advise to you is not to proceed. Even if you want as you had viewed some of his showflat make sure

you want that specific tiler. Overall my reno has a few hiccups cos my coordinator is a forgetful one.

Keep forgetting the pattern, colour etc.

As for my flooring is not very well done. They did rectify the problem but then I felt that if it was done by other tiler

it will be better.

As for my kitchen cabinet, my previous carpenter skills is so much better than him. Even without the use of ABS trimming

my kitchen cabinet finishing was very neat. Unfortunately, he changed his contact no and I cant contact him.

The only thing about this contrator is the price is quite low so if you have a tight budget and not very fussy. Then its ok

but I guess you have some money to spare and a fussy one, its better not to choose him or you will be having heartaches here and there.

Just some of my thoughts. :(

But from what I know from my contractor, none has contacted him. Is it?? Or has anybody approached him.

hi,

great to know your reno smooth going....加油

your quotation very reasonable leh...ID or Contractor?

anyway hope to see more photo of completed work...cheers.

Edited by milkywhite

Would like to enquire. If the contractors did a lousy job, should i still pay him the last payment?

Can somebody advise cos my colleagues all said dont have to give but i thought its quites a lot coming to 2k.

maybe get them to retify till satisfactory. if cannot liao then demand discounts.

ya cannot lia. the damage is done.

my kitchen cabinet dont rest totally on the kitchen base as the tiler didnt measure. so they just use silicon to cover the wholes.

My wall tiles are crooked too. The grooves are yellowish and my tiles are white in colour.

My toilet bowl is also crooked also due to the tiler. sign

my kitchen cabinet dont rest totally on the kitchen base as the tiler didnt measure. so they just use silicon to cover the wholes.

My wall tiles are crooked too. The grooves are yellowish and my tiles are white in colour.

sounds terrible. i wouldnt pay for sure. unless do up to standard. otherwise the 2k to compensate me cos i need to see the major errors everyday and live with it for years to come.

Edited by zhiz

ya u shld demand discount if cannot rectify

do not just don't pay and don't complain

else later they send company letter or worse asking you to pay up since u 'didn't ask them to rectify'

refer to Lawry's blog for related drama

I won't pay. Don't let their lousy workmanship becomes a problem for us.

milkywhite, my tblog is at my signature.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19857

It will be a long read, just go thru all the photographs and see which ones are relevant for your case, use the same to bargain.

Don't succumb to bad renovation, no one should pay full for a job badly done.

Good luck!

lawry, it's been a long time since u posted. How's everything? case closed?

lawry, it's been a long time since u posted. How's everything? case closed?

Lawry was one inspiration for me to do my own reno :D