Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
annjoy

♥ My Mcnair Rd 4-rm ♥

My SHOPPING LIST:

1) Furniture

I am quite firm as well on buying furniture from JB's RUSTICA.

They have 0% CC installment and their package is quite good.

Full Cowhide Leather 3 Seater Recliner Sofa

TV Console

Coffee Table

6+1 Dining Table Set (chairs have leather on them)

All of the above for $6800

+ $100 levvy

+ 7% GST

Comes up to be about SGD$3,000 - quite a good price don't you think?

2. Electronics and Electricals

As I look through newspapers and go to all the sales for household items, I realised that those cheap ones are usually the ones that require you to pay upfront. Sigh, I need to limit myself to only those that offer 0% installment plans. I guess that means Gain City, Harvey Norman and Best Denki are going to be my best friends soon.

I have my eye on the following:

- SHARP Water Oven $1249 @ Best Denki

- Toshiba Sys 3 Non Inverter (Not more than $2K and should be from a place where there is 0% installment - where's good to start my hunt for this at?)

- 42" Philips LCD TV (PURCHASED!)

3. Toilet Accessories:

- 2 X toilet bowls

- 2 X sinks

- 2 X taps

- 2 X water heater

- 1 X big shower head

- 1 X normal shower head

- 1 X towel rack

- 2 X clothes hanging rack

- 2 X boxed toilet roll holder

- 2 X multi tiered shelves for putting shampoo and stuff

4. Lighting

- 7 X downlights

- 2 X simple ceiling lights for common rooms

- 1 X blanket light for MBR ceiling

- 1 X ikea bendable light for my MBR wardrobe area

- 2 X toilet ceiling lights

- 2 X kitchen ceiling lights

- 1 X dining table light

- 1 X standing/hanging lamp to be put beside the TV

Sigh I wonder if I missed out anything from my already massive shopping list.

From one glance, fridge? Hee.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I presume u will go spot check again on the tenant today (sun)?

U really like the light!! I think if u can find in kl, should be cheaper. If u are going to china anytime soon, might as well take a trip to guangzhou to buy. So many nice designs and cheap. I also bought non-inverter, cos I don't think I will change my habit and switch on the air con every nite at my new home. So the savings part might not benefit me that much. And u hor, u reno when u haven't got the money all prepare. Aiyo, I think I don't dare to start reno if I were u. Hee. Anyway, shopping for home fittings really a big headache!

Post your selected tiles soon. :)

Hmmmm if i dont get an update from the MBR tenant on locking the door at 4-5pm, I'll prolly go swing by and spot check.

Yes I REALLY LIKE the light! :) But no money to go overseas to buy just yet. Nvm la, in SG got quoted $280. Not too bad liao. So hopefully I can get it cheaper in KL :)

If I dont start reno till I have money, I dont think I will ever have enough! But I am banking on bonus la... if dont have the bonus then take bank loan lor. :/

From one glance, fridge? Hee.

Oh sorry, washing machine and fridge i using the old ones I have now till I have money to buy new ones. :)

Hey annjoy,

Howz everything here with your new hse?

Looking good and ready to go reno.....& Smooth smooth yeh !!...me shifted in lieow...but still messy..messy..messed........very tired but worth the pain after all...

Cheers!

:yamseng:

Hi Everyone!!!

I am HAPPY to announce that the tenants have ALL moved out!!!

Hacking starts tmr!! I can't believe the day for reno to start has already arrived!!! So soon! :D

Waited forever for today but yet when the day has come, it felt like its kinda soon! Hahahaha

Yes I will post pics of my selected tiles tmr. :)

I went to the flat to spot check just now and chauvinistically announced to emptiness that this is MY HOUSE! :D Small but its a home, my home!

I never need to rent another place from someone else. I never need to look at the "colours" of landlords.

So happiee!! I went to the nearby sheng siong to check out my new playground. Haha!

I'm so glad for the holidays to come. More holidays = more time to start my frenzied, overly possessive check ups on the progress of the reno! Hahaha! EXCITED!!!

BTW, I saw this ad from seahorse.

A very tall bed frame with ample storage underneath going for $560 nett (inclusive of the $79 I have to pay for delivery and installation) - good deal u think?

http://www.seahorse.hk/upload/big123190187405.25.jpg

Headboard is full leather

Sides are all man made leather

Doesnt come with any mattress.

If pay by installment add another 4%

BTW, I saw this ad from seahorse.

A very tall bed frame with ample storage underneath going for $560 nett (inclusive of the $79 I have to pay for delivery and installation) - good deal u think?

http://www.seahorse.hk/upload/big123190187405.25.jpg

Headboard is full leather

Sides are all man made leather

Doesnt come with any mattress.

If pay by installment add another 4%

i have a similar one, but no bubbles, just smooth leather. bubbles might be harder to clean. do note that it's very high so you may have to jump into bed :D

i have a similar one, but no bubbles, just smooth leather. bubbles might be harder to clean. do note that it's very high so you may have to jump into bed :D

It is good quality ossify? Is the price okay you tink?

I love jumping into BED! :D

Edited by annjoy

Oh sorry, washing machine and fridge i using the old ones I have now till I have money to buy new ones. :)

oh okie. i thought landlords are suppose to provide washing machine and fridge when u rent their place?

It is good quality ossify? Is the price okay you tink?

I love jumping into BED! :D

I like it :) the hydraulics are still good, after a year of use. But the internal laminate is paper-thin. i tried to clean it before use but damaged it... I use it for long-term storage of dry stuff, like winter wear, travel accessories :D

As for price, i bought the queen size spring mattress (one side hard, one side soft) plus storage bed for $800+ in total. Pretty worth it.

Edited by ossify

oh okie. i thought landlords are suppose to provide washing machine and fridge when u rent their place?

Well, "SUPPOSED TO" is the operative word here. Landlord is a bachelor who lives alone and can't care much abt washing clothes. His mom comes by every week to clean up after him. He had this ancient washing machine which takes 1.5 hours to clean one load.

So I went to buy another one lor. -.-

As for the fridge, the ex-owner is giving up her fridge which is in quite ok condition. Just use it till I have money to buy new fridge. :)

I like it :) the hydraulics are still good, after a year of use. But the internal laminate is paper-thin. i tried to clean it before use but damaged it... I use it for long-term storage of dry stuff, like winter wear, travel accessories :D

As for price, i bought the queen size spring mattress (one side hard, one side soft) plus storage bed for $800+ in total. Pretty worth it.

Thanks Ossify! I think I go buy the storage bed la... It's at a good height plus good for storage. :)

:D