Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
annjoy

♥ My Mcnair Rd 4-rm ♥

I bring my 3D drawing and go shopping (cum dreaming) to IKEA.

I saw the ikea one... but tt's made of paper is it? I remember it was **** big... hahaha

yup yup, very big. made of paper and can't last of cos. but the price is decent for such a product.

Money constraints. Plus... nowadays the bedframe come with fancy headboards... I thought its better to buy a fancy headboard rather than have something customized and permanent. And If I do a headboard, the headboard for this case, this layout, won't be equal... It will have to be slightly thinner at where the beam is... :/

IDs can do something like a box up that looks like a wall but is hollow inside one right?

Yes, using gysum boards. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Yes. Rice cooker only. But the rice cooker I want to hide it in the 0.8m tall cabinet and put it on a pullout whenever I want to use. Don't want to use that time, then slot it back in to the 0.8m cabinet.

Condiments, sauces will all be nicely tucked into drawers below the cooking area.

Will touch on that once this stressful week is over.

Good idea, but maintenance of the cupboard would be challenging. Be careful of moisture, liquids, and stray rice :)

I'm going to hound the ID I am paying to give me the answer to this. Haha!

Good point about the sink piping.. I shall check with johnny tonight. I allowed 0.2m for that... hope its sufficient... if not then 0.3m

I was more concerned of how the water pipe would enter your MBR, from the top? from the bottom? in the middle?

no I dont really need a coffee table. Another one of those - "everybody has and I think I should have too".

a PC behind the sofa.. the pc will be against the wall opp the tv console. But see whether got space a not first.

if you plan for one, make sure you have electrical sockets there. otherwise, leave it empty.

LOL Yes!! loads of liquid paper. I got frustrated with floorplanner. So its back to BASICS. Lilagen... ok noted. I go see.

I suppose the vanity area = solid surface top. I suppose I only need bottom cabinets for a small area just to cover the piping. The other space can put a little stool for me to sit on when putting on make up.

The wardrobe is directly stuck to the solid surface top... so... my wardrobe will flood if the sink leaks right? oh gosh........

Yes, shower area is glass panel. not all the way to the top. Just slightly above average human height.

It may be tricky to use your solid surface as a basin and as a make up table. If you're standing, a height of about 90cm would be acceptable for a basin. If you're sitting, 90cm may be too high. eg. a dining table is usually 75cm high. Also the pipings below your basin would not allow you to have space under the solid surface for your legs to slot in. Just some fyi.

You should also ask your ID how to protect your wardrobe just in case your sink leaks for one reason or another.

Alright. I am leaving office now. Going to go to my new flat.

If tenant still there, I will call agent and ask her to resolve it with the seller by tmr.

Will check again tmr. If tenant STILL there tmr, I will call police.

Cannot wait till Sunday to spot check. If not will disrupt the hacking ya.

*Sigh*

No worries! I am going with my bf. And won't lock door. Won't talk to the tenant too. Just going to call agent IMMEDIATELY if I spot him.

Alright. I am leaving office now. Going to go to my new flat.

If tenant still there, I will call agent and ask her to resolve it with the seller by tmr.

Will check again tmr. If tenant STILL there tmr, I will call police.

Cannot wait till Sunday to spot check. If not will disrupt the hacking ya.

*Sigh*

No worries! I am going with my bf. And won't lock door. Won't talk to the tenant too. Just going to call agent IMMEDIATELY if I spot him.

so how's everything? Hope all is well.

so how's everything? Hope all is well.

I went there at 10+ last night. I didn't inform the MBR tenant. But when I was walking up the stairs he was there waiting for me at the door! I was so surprised! how the **** he know I am there????

He say sixth sense... I guess he saw me downstairs maybe?

Anyway, the common room tenant wasn't in, but he is still living there. The MBR tenant was very nice to tell me he usually manages the other tenants for the previous owner and he says that he will ensure that the common room tenant will move out by this sunday.

I repeatedly told him I am very concerned about this and he say dont worry. 101% will move out.

I smsed my Agent and told her to manage this with the ex owner on my behalf. I told her that if the tenant is not out by saturday, I will report to the relevant authorities.

Who are the relevant authorities? Police only right?

So I guess, just hang and hope for the best only lor... :P

These few days been **** distracted at work with all these. Sigh

I went there at 10+ last night. I didn't inform the MBR tenant. But when I was walking up the stairs he was there waiting for me at the door! I was so surprised! how the **** he know I am there????

He say sixth sense... I guess he saw me downstairs maybe?

Anyway, the common room tenant wasn't in, but he is still living there. The MBR tenant was very nice to tell me he usually manages the other tenants for the previous owner and he says that he will ensure that the common room tenant will move out by this sunday.

I repeatedly told him I am very concerned about this and he say dont worry. 101% will move out.

I smsed my Agent and told her to manage this with the ex owner on my behalf. I told her that if the tenant is not out by saturday, I will report to the relevant authorities.

Who are the relevant authorities? Police only right?

So I guess, just hang and hope for the best only lor... :P

These few days been **** distracted at work with all these. Sigh

It would be easy for me to say don't get too stressed up but I bet it's not easy for you to just not think about it. We'll continue hoping for the best. Hopefully your agent help you get out of the mess. If they are still not out yet, just go to the police. The house is already lawfully yours. Whatever contract the tenants have with the ex owner should be void already mah. *Hugs*

Ok tmr is saturday. I will go once in the morning to inspect and if the person is still there, I will contact agent and tell her i will be there in the evening to check that his stuff are all moved out.

If not, I will call police. Good plan?

I think I have finally a direction on my toilet!!!

Check this out: I want a pebble wash in my MBR shower area. What do you all think? High-maintenance???

IMG_5018.jpg

I wonder if pebble wash is expensive....

IMG_4910.jpg

Edited by annjoy

floatingflowers.jpg

Wouldn't this be nice as well? A dark black bowl with floating flowers in it

fake flowers, all items purchased from ikea :D

Ok tmr is saturday. I will go once in the morning to inspect and if the person is still there, I will contact agent and tell her i will be there in the evening to check that his stuff are all moved out.

If not, I will call police. Good plan?

I think should be okie? I am just not sure whether police can do anything or not.

Update...

The common room tenant was still there when I went over on Sat, 11am. Agent said that former owner promised that they would move out by Sunday morning.

The MBR tenant also said that he is confident that the common room tenant will move out by Sun morning.

I passed them the lock johnny gave me and asked MBR tenant to lock up with this lock before he leaves on Sunday.

On happier notes:

I can't believe my reno is starting already!! so mighty excited. I just paid $12000 to Johnny as 50% payment. Oh gosh I am so very very poor now. I pray for bonus if not I have to take reno loan liao for the other 50%.

Finalizing Tiles...

I went to Hafary to confirm my tiles today. It was so pressurizing but I did it and I really refuse to think about it anymore. The more I think, the more combinations of tiles I can think of. Hahaha!

On Lightings....

After that I walked the entire Balestier road to do my research on lightings and toilet accessories

I decided I really like the blanket kind of light for the MBR ceiling. See this for sample: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ILjW1fygFyo/Rgdz...bedroom%201.jpg

I saw it at Balestier, $280. ^^!! I will go KL to check it out before I buy it from this shop.

On Toilet Accessories, I am mighty confused. So many sinks, so many taps - all look alike!!

I guess I should have some variety and have one round sink and one square - so tt's how i started choosing.

I saw a 0.4m X 0.4m square sink at this place called *** GALLERY PTE LTD - anyone heard of them before? The one I saw is normal white in colour but the size seems to be good for my SMALL SMALL vanity area. This shop sells every thing man!! From hobs to hoods, to toilet accessories, to water heater, shower heads, toilet bowls.... omg, everything! Seems to be a good one stop shop!

Next up, I am going to find research on where to buy the CHEAPEST waterfall tap. :D All I saw are above $250! :(

Suntec C3 Sale + Air Cons!

After that I went to Suntec for the C3 Electronics and Electrical Sale. Well, nothing much caught my eye. I did talk to an aircon man from Best Tech who recommended me LG's Non Inverter Sys 3, $50 lighting voucher + $120 servicing voucher @ $1650 nett (exclu bracket)

Thank goodness I didnt buy cos when I got back online, I realised LG is not a good brand. I think I shall consider Toshiba. Toshiba's non inverter has 3 ticks and Mitsubishi's non inverter has 2 ticks.

I decided not to get Inverter cos inverter is $1K more ex than non inverter and the savings from 3 ticks to 4 ticks is $243 PER YEAR (assuming you on the air con for 8 hours a day every day). To make my 1K worth it, I have to use this air con for more than 4 yrs...! Doesn't sound very $-wise of me to spend cash upfront this way esp when I am literally quite poor now.

Edited by annjoy

My SHOPPING LIST:

1) Furniture

I am quite firm as well on buying furniture from JB's RUSTICA.

They have 0% CC installment and their package is quite good.

Full Cowhide Leather 3 Seater Recliner Sofa

TV Console

Coffee Table

6+1 Dining Table Set (chairs have leather on them)

All of the above for $6800

+ $100 levvy

+ 7% GST

Comes up to be about SGD$3,000 - quite a good price don't you think?

2. Electronics and Electricals

As I look through newspapers and go to all the sales for household items, I realised that those cheap ones are usually the ones that require you to pay upfront. Sigh, I need to limit myself to only those that offer 0% installment plans. I guess that means Gain City, Harvey Norman and Best Denki are going to be my best friends soon.

I have my eye on the following:

- SHARP Water Oven $1249 @ Best Denki

- Toshiba Sys 3 Non Inverter (Not more than $2K and should be from a place where there is 0% installment - where's good to start my hunt for this at?)

- 42" Philips LCD TV (PURCHASED!)

3. Toilet Accessories:

- 2 X toilet bowls

- 2 X sinks

- 2 X taps

- 2 X water heater

- 1 X big shower head

- 1 X normal shower head

- 1 X towel rack

- 2 X clothes hanging rack

- 2 X boxed toilet roll holder

- 2 X multi tiered shelves for putting shampoo and stuff

4. Lighting

- 7 X downlights

- 2 X simple ceiling lights for common rooms

- 1 X blanket light for MBR ceiling

- 1 X ikea bendable light for my MBR wardrobe area

- 2 X toilet ceiling lights

- 2 X kitchen ceiling lights

- 1 X dining table light

- 1 X standing/hanging lamp to be put beside the TV

Sigh I wonder if I missed out anything from my already massive shopping list.

Mickey!! i also have lollipop on one of my smallest wall... heh... i love the colour, but now thinking if its too striking... :P

Update...

The common room tenant was still there when I went over on Sat, 11am. Agent said that former owner promised that they would move out by Sunday morning.

The MBR tenant also said that he is confident that the common room tenant will move out by Sun morning.

I passed them the lock johnny gave me and asked MBR tenant to lock up with this lock before he leaves on Sunday.

On happier notes:

I can't believe my reno is starting already!! so mighty excited. I just paid $12000 to Johnny as 50% payment. Oh gosh I am so very very poor now. I pray for bonus if not I have to take reno loan liao for the other 50%.

Finalizing Tiles...

I went to Hafary to confirm my tiles today. It was so pressurizing but I did it and I really refuse to think about it anymore. The more I think, the more combinations of tiles I can think of. Hahaha!

On Lightings....

After that I walked the entire Balestier road to do my research on lightings and toilet accessories

I decided I really like the blanket kind of light for the MBR ceiling. See this for sample: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ILjW1fygFyo/Rgdz...bedroom%201.jpg

I saw it at Balestier, $280. ^^!! I will go KL to check it out before I buy it from this shop.

On Toilet Accessories, I am mighty confused. So many sinks, so many taps - all look alike!!

I guess I should have some variety and have one round sink and one square - so tt's how i started choosing.

I saw a 0.4m X 0.4m square sink at this place called *** GALLERY PTE LTD - anyone heard of them before? The one I saw is normal white in colour but the size seems to be good for my SMALL SMALL vanity area. This shop sells every thing man!! From hobs to hoods, to toilet accessories, to water heater, shower heads, toilet bowls.... omg, everything! Seems to be a good one stop shop!

Next up, I am going to find research on where to buy the CHEAPEST waterfall tap. :D All I saw are above $250! :(

Suntec C3 Sale + Air Cons!

After that I went to Suntec for the C3 Electronics and Electrical Sale. Well, nothing much caught my eye. I did talk to an aircon man from Best Tech who recommended me LG's Non Inverter Sys 3, $50 lighting voucher + $120 servicing voucher @ $1650 nett (exclu bracket)

Thank goodness I didnt buy cos when I got back online, I realised LG is not a good brand. I think I shall consider Toshiba. Toshiba's non inverter has 3 ticks and Mitsubishi's non inverter has 2 ticks.

I decided not to get Inverter cos inverter is $1K more ex than non inverter and the savings from 3 ticks to 4 ticks is $243 PER YEAR (assuming you on the air con for 8 hours a day every day). To make my 1K worth it, I have to use this air con for more than 4 yrs...! Doesn't sound very $-wise of me to spend cash upfront this way esp when I am literally quite poor now.

I presume u will go spot check again on the tenant today (sun)?

U really like the light!! I think if u can find in kl, should be cheaper. If u are going to china anytime soon, might as well take a trip to guangzhou to buy. So many nice designs and cheap. I also bought non-inverter, cos I don't think I will change my habit and switch on the air con every nite at my new home. So the savings part might not benefit me that much. And u hor, u reno when u haven't got the money all prepare. Aiyo, I think I don't dare to start reno if I were u. Hee. Anyway, shopping for home fittings really a big headache!

Post your selected tiles soon. :)