Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
annjoy

♥ My Mcnair Rd 4-rm ♥

this is exactly one of the reason why i didn't want to get an ID. and there's no such thing as a "best tiler in town". if you are able to subcon out the tiling works (ie. take out tiling from the contract), pm me for tiling contact. but most likely they won't let you take out tiling... cos they can chop big carrot with tiling. personally, i think they need 3 weeks to secure the cheapest tiler :rolleyes:

most welcome. i haven't bought a fridge yet, but i am eyeing this one at $1000 Hitachi R-SF37SWPS

674832719_Untitled-1%20copy.jpg

4-Door Solfege with A.I. Inverter Compressor & Nano Titanium Technology. Gross Capacity 438Litres

590W x 1798H x 615D

I allocated 66cm for 59cm required. 3.5cm on both sides allowance should be sufficient. you are giving 10cm allowance, which seems rather big, imho. maybe you can ask around what's the optimal allowance :D

according to http://www.thathomesite.com/forums/load/ki...24128413.html?6

1cm is more than enough :D

but it really depends on how the fridge opens. check how much allowance you need by opening the door and measuring the swing, check the instruction manual of the fridge to see how much minimum space allowance is recommended by the manufacturer.

ANOTHER IMPT THING!

i noticed your fridge is on the left! most fridges open on the left! so it would be better for you to have a fridge that opens on the right since your food prep is on the right. my fridge is on the left too so i immediately ruled out all fridges that opens on the left (most of them). you think about it and try it out.

That's very good advice! Right door eh... I always thought fridges ONLY OPEN to the left. Ok I go hunting again.

So if my fridge is 0.7m, then I only need to make the space 0.8m?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Ya... I agree. I got something in mind now which I will not publish here first... Going to give it one week and see what happens.

My BF argued with the ID already. So..... :unsure:

Try to make peace. If not, your reno might not be very smooth. Did u insist them to put a handover day on the contract? If delay by 1 day, how much they have to compensate u. For a wk, how much and so forth.

That's very good advice! Right door eh... I always thought fridges ONLY OPEN to the left. Ok I go hunting again.

So if my fridge is 0.7m, then I only need to make the space 0.8m?

i saw some expensive fridges that open on the right :D but very expensive :D

i decided to buy this one that opens in front instead...

0.8m is very safe, but it's up to you :)

If your space is 4m, and you allow 0.8m for fridge, you need to pay for 3.2m of kitchen cabinet space. 3.2m is around 3.3m or 11 feet. your ID will charge you the same for 3.2m or 3.3m cabinet (if you don't believe me, ask your ID) so my advice is to get 3.3m cabinet. You should re-measure your space. Is it exactly 4m or slightly bigger? If you allocate 3.3m cabinet, what's the remaining space for fridge? If you want to be very precise, is your floor and vertical wall beside the fridge perpendicular? if not, you need to compensate for it.

eg. my MBR wall is off level. my wardrobe backing wall is level. my door wall is level. the length between the walls is 2925mm, my wardrobe is 2900mm. That 25mm is useful to compensate for my non-level MBR wall.

Try to make peace. If not, your reno might not be very smooth. Did u insist them to put a handover day on the contract? If delay by 1 day, how much they have to compensate u. For a wk, how much and so forth.

Yes agree. No I didn't talk about handover dates. Not when I signed the contract, not when I gave them 50%. I only kept telling my ID that I need to move in by 15 Jan.

I know its stupid!

Morning Annjoy. I think I mentioned before matt wood + glossy might not be nice. The main reason is our kitchens are generally quite small. Space is the main factor here. U might not be able to achieve the level of constrast between both materials. Furthermore, u also need to achieve the right balance/mixture between both materials, how much glossy and how much non-matt. Too much or too little will kill the look. Asethetic wise, I really believe any design type can be outstanding and different.

Know you are going for resort theme. I think the below designs might suit u, a gd mixture of both I feel:

11.jpg

Wood4.jpg

Oh... so nice... If I've see this earlier.....

Yes agree. No I didn't talk about handover dates. Not when I signed the contract, not when I gave them 50%. I only kept telling my ID that I need to move in by 15 Jan.

I know its stupid!

No choice since u has already paid. Can you rent for another month or so?

Oh... so nice... If I've see this earlier.....

dmay, pictures are just inspiration. U don't have to 'go' after it. U know what I mean? And your kitchen looks perfectly fine and nice too. I just feel the island could be better. :)

Edited by Mickey M

dmay, pictures are just inspiration. U don't have to 'go' after it. U know what I mean? And your kitchen looks perfectly fine and nice too. I just feel the island could be better. :)

Ya, think so too. There were some constraint on doing the kitchen island cos we didn't hack away the existing flr tiles. And also hubby wanted to use it as his 'work station', so need to have space for his chairs and tools etc... anyway, I'm quite happy how it has turned out :rolleyes:

Ya, think so too. There were some constraint on doing the kitchen island cos we didn't hack away the existing flr tiles. And also hubby wanted to use it as his 'work station', so need to have space for his chairs and tools etc... anyway, I'm quite happy how it has turned out :rolleyes:

Being functional to one own needs is more impt than asethetic. Sometimes, it is hard to achieve a balance between the two. :). Therefore, I always believe most importantly, we must be self-satisfied. Hee.

TOTAL: 4m

0.9m - allowance for fridge (my ideal fridge is going to be 0.7m in width... standard for those tall and slim units?)

0.4m - space between fridge and sink

0.9m - size of sink

0.8m - space between sink and cooker

0.8m - size of cooker hob (won't be having any oven underneath the cooker)

0.2m - space between sink and wall

How about this?

Meaning the sink will be between fridge and cooker.

Hi annjoy, I hope you don't mind jumping in here. If you want to have more space, you could consider a 600mm hob too. That'll give an extra 200mm. And if you don't need a 900mm sink, you could look at something smaller.

Hi annjoy, I hope you don't mind jumping in here. If you want to have more space, you could consider a 600mm hob too. That'll give an extra 200mm. And if you don't need a 900mm sink, you could look at something smaller.

Hi Macbart, of course not. Do come often. Haha! Cos I always peep at your Tblog too!

The hob is a 2 burner already... I guess between the two burner got some space also not too bad. The sink - yes, I will definitely be looking at something smaller. Was staring at my measuring tape last nigth and realised 0.9m is **** big la

haha!

No choice since u has already paid. Can you rent for another month or so?

Can't. The house is SOLD. The handover date is 20th Jan. Can't at all. Have to move out. I am just quite upset at having to pay for storage space + two times mover fee

For myself I can go trouble a friend for 2 weeks or so...

Being functional to one own needs is more impt than asethetic. Sometimes, it is hard to achieve a balance between the two. :). Therefore, I always believe most importantly, we must be self-satisfied. Hee.

Hi Mickey and dmay,

Yes agree. And dmay! yours is very nice already! Don't think so much! :) See I used yours as an example of what I like! :)

Today Johnny told me Tiling Begins.

He also sent me the schedule of works already - based on worst case scenario... wth.. how come tiling takes 3 weeks for my mini 4 room flat? :(

err i actually believe that tiling takes quite a fair bit of time, judging from my reno work progress.

mine is just overlaying of kitchen n yard floor tiles + 2 toilets floor n wall tiles also took abt 2weeks to complete wor.

so i'd say its quite possible that urs is a 3weeks job. n in any case, we owners r at losing end, cos if we go n rush/ hurry

them, they'll do a sub-standard job :(

but anyway its a joyous season, so just be merry n drink more! :D

Hi Mickey and dmay,

Yes agree. And dmay! yours is very nice already! Don't think so much! :) See I used yours as an example of what I like! :)

:D You so sweet