Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
annjoy

♥ My Mcnair Rd 4-rm ♥

Hahaha the shopping just barely started! Anything that I have paid for is in my signature. The rest all pending still. *heart pain* Hahaha

I still aiming for a Sharp Healsio Water Oven which will set me back by $1249 T_T

Try Panasonic's steam-oven, it's slightly cheaper and has great results too.

Wishing you A Happy New Year 2010 !

cheers!

:yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Take your time! Your reno is done already so you're already at the end of the journey - which you will look back on fondly. Haha

I hope so. I'm glad I took time to document the process (here in a T-blog and on facebook). :)

Ok I got this sink, single bowl @ 0.54m - a, kinda pleased cos now I have more space!!!

4M long kitchen space to play with:

0.8m - allowance for fridge (my ideal fridge is going to be 0.7m in width)

0.55m - space between fridge and sink

0.55m - size of sink (actual is 0.54m)

0.8m - space between sink and cooker

0.8m - size of cooker hob (won't be having any oven underneath the cooker)

0.5m - space between sink and wall

Looks like you'll have a decent bit of counter top work space for appliances (if any are to be placed on the counter top) and for prep for cooking. :)

Does anybody know what's the typical width/height a kitchen drawer should be?

Ossify has pointed out the standard sizes that are available at Ikea and I suppose they are pretty much the norm sizes. But if you're having your kitchen made by a carpenter, he/she should be able to customise the drawers to the sizes you want (within limits, I guess). Your ID (or carpenter) should be able to advise you too.

FYI, in our case, the initial suggestion from our contractor was to divide our 3.6m run of units along one wall (refrigerator, larder and oven units along opposite wall) as 0.45m drawers, 0.9m for sink unit, 0.9m drawers, 0.9m for hob unit, 0.45m drawers. We decided instead to divide them as 0.6m drawers, 0.8m for sink unit (with one drawer at the bottom), 0.8m drawers, 0.8 for hob (with drawers below) & 0.6m drawers.

5) Towel Rack (If I dont see something better at Ikea - this is going to be it)

P301209_140803.jpg

Annjoy, I bought something like this (99% identical). Was an impulsive buy. But it comes in a set and regret buying it. Long story, anyway, Happy New Yr! :D

Annjoy, I bought something like this (99% identical). Was an impulsive buy. But it comes in a set and regret buying it. Long story, anyway, Happy New Yr! :D

Regret = not useful? Share leh. I need a towel rack!

Try Panasonic's steam-oven, it's slightly cheaper and has great results too.

Wishing you A Happy New Year 2010 !

cheers!

:yamseng:

Ya its cheaper but read somewhere that the panasonic steam oven's STEAM function is a bit different.

Healsio Steam - really use water and steam

Panasonic's Steam - combi of steam + microwave

how much is the WC? is it a S pipe 6" offset? I am interested :D

When I know how much I will let you know ok?

But might be a big problem for you cos there is no delivery. I can get it delivered to my place (using friend lorry) and then you have to come and pick up from my boon keng flat. u okay with that?

I hope so. I'm glad I took time to document the process (here in a T-blog and on facebook). :)

Looks like you'll have a decent bit of counter top work space for appliances (if any are to be placed on the counter top) and for prep for cooking. :)

Ossify has pointed out the standard sizes that are available at Ikea and I suppose they are pretty much the norm sizes. But if you're having your kitchen made by a carpenter, he/she should be able to customise the drawers to the sizes you want (within limits, I guess). Your ID (or carpenter) should be able to advise you too.

FYI, in our case, the initial suggestion from our contractor was to divide our 3.6m run of units along one wall (refrigerator, larder and oven units along opposite wall) as 0.45m drawers, 0.9m for sink unit, 0.9m drawers, 0.9m for hob unit, 0.45m drawers. We decided instead to divide them as 0.6m drawers, 0.8m for sink unit (with one drawer at the bottom), 0.8m drawers, 0.8 for hob (with drawers below) & 0.6m drawers.

Yes I am glad I have more space now. Was worried about it for a long while.

Yes kitchen made by carpenter but I also want the inner drawer hinges from Ikea so I need to make a trip down to IKEA real soon to see what standard sizes there are so that it can fit into my drawers. :)

Thanks for sharing your measurements. It's very helpful :)

HAPPY 2010 to everyone! I am going to KL tonight. Will be back only on Sunday night. Am SO not looking forward to ending 2009. :(

Now everyday at office is happy happy mood. Everyday feel like friday. So Shiok sia! too bad its going to end too soon!!

But Happy New Year everyone. I am excited to go KL! :D:sport-smiley-004:

HAPPY 2010 to everyone! I am going to KL tonight. Will be back only on Sunday night. Am SO not looking forward to ending 2009. :(

Now everyday at office is happy happy mood. Everyday feel like friday. So Shiok sia! too bad its going to end too soon!!

Happy New Year. Enjoy yr trip :)

When I know how much I will let you know ok?

But might be a big problem for you cos there is no delivery. I can get it delivered to my place (using friend lorry) and then you have to come and pick up from my boon keng flat. u okay with that?

Ok, let me know when you know :D

Have a good end to the current year and enjoy the trip. And may 2010 turn out to be better than any year you've lived so far. :yamseng:

btw, tiling for my 3rm's kitchen floor, bathroom floor + wall and toilet floor + wall takes 5-6 days so your 4rm should take 2 weeks if you're doing all your floors

Hello everyone! I am back! I hope all of you enjoyed your new year!

My KL trip was horrendous. On the way there, the air con didnt work and then the bloody bus broke down. Right in the middle of the North South Highway - fantastic.

But other than that, seeing my family there again was great. We had non-stop eating!! I am still full now!! Hahaha!

My Purchases from KL

I didn't go to KL with anything specific I need to buy but I came back $500 poorer and carrying so many boxes!! Yes people!! I bought all my house lightings at KL!!!!

Here's my purchase list:

- 2 X fancy kitchen lights

- 1 X dining hanging lamp

- 2 X toilet light

- 6 X downlights (huge ones with 2 bulbs in it)

- 2 X common room ceiling light

TOTAL = RM830

I think it's a **** good purchase!! The lightings there are SO, SO SO SO SO MUCH cheaper. I cannot emphasize how much cheaper it is.

Yup! I will take pictures asap. The lights are all boxed up nicely now.

Update on my House Reno

Before I left, Johnny said the men will be working on the tiling on the 1st of Jan (over the PH) and that if anybody complains, he gave them my number cos he is overseas for one week.

I am going over later to see how much work has been done these past 3-4 days. I pray I am not disappointed!!

lightings there is same price as in singapore, but in RM, not SGD :D so about 2.4 times cheaper