Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
annjoy

♥ My Mcnair Rd 4-rm ♥

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
huh you mean it's your false ceiling that's wavy ah? why is it wavy? water infiltration?

false ceiling a bit hard to plaster, in fact it's unheard of :D

yes. of course la, otherwise you hire ID for what :D

but if you have no ID like me, you can DIY, buy some painter's caulk, fill it up, and repaint :D

btw, my price list for switches, all before GST.

Zencelo: 3gang $13.5, 2gang $9, 1gang $5.5, waterheater $20, doublesocket $12.8, singlesocket $8.5, scv $8.9

Clipsal WHD20 Isolator 20A for aircon $11.5

Nono my false ceiling is lovely. Its perfect. Its the REAL ceiling that is ugly! I can see all the brush strokes!! Painting also cannot cover those kind! Haiz!

But ID is like coordinate everything for you... if they have to ask someone to come and patch up the hole for me, wouldn't he charge me? Johnny keep telling me he needs to be fair to his workers as well..... ??

P1090419.jpg

See the top of the entrance to the MBR toilet... so ugly :( This was original condition.... and sad to say, its still like that. -.-

P1090415.jpg

There, this is the T-joint piping in my MBR. Why T-joint? Why cannot one straight pipe upwards? Tmr, I shall find out why.

Btw see the black glass there?

Before johnny put up the top 3 panels, he called my BF and asked if we are putting heater on the glass panel, then we said no. We are putting the heater on the side.

Earlier on Johnny and us had a discussion face to face and we thought he understood that we will not put the heater on the glass panel but we'll put JUST the shower head!

So when we asked Johnny why did the plumber put the water pipe this way, he told us that he asked if we wanted the heater on the glass panel and we said no. But we want the shower head there what! And then he asked his tiler to put up the last 3 tiles.

Now, he say cannot change COS glass must DRILL then put up. Cannot put up then drill. Then what?

I sincerely hope he doesnt expect me to live with this. Cos if not what's the glass panel feature thing for if the shower is going to face the toilet bowl? And shouldnt it raise any alarm to him, as an ID, that something is not right if the owner is requesting for the shower head to point directly at where the toilet paper holder is?

And if he has to change the piping, that would mean there will be some holes on the non glass tiles... so am I right to expect that he change those as well?

Edited by annjoy

P1090405.jpg

Here's a pic of my bi-fold MBR toilet door. I love it v much! :D The brown parts are transulcent-y kind of brown.

P1090403.jpg

Here's my common room toilet bi-fold door. Not as impressive cos didnt wanne go for the transulcent effect here. :) safe look

Edited by annjoy

P1090401.jpg

Random photo of my kitchen window - look over and you will see curry sauce, expired packets of tang yuan, sanitary pads, plastic bags, leftover food.... nothing short of pleasant

P1090399.jpg

My kitchen is now in a big mess

Edited by annjoy

P1090398.jpg

Masterbedroom toilet. I love the tap! It's bronze in colour - as dignified as a tap mounted on such a tiny sink can be already! :P

Of course, once everything clean up will take photo again :)

P1090397.jpg

Another angle of it - so tiny. :(

Yea and if you noticed, I decided not to do the shower screen already. I tink my ID actually forgot about it but its a blessing. Cos its REALLY tiny and a shower sceen is just going to make it worst.

Edited by annjoy

The plumber is his so called personal friend but his workmanship seems a bit.... odd. Will question him why he put a T-joint pipe when he could have run the pipe in one line.

Tmr, the painters will come to touch up. In my humble opinion, I think the painter workmanship sucks. I have a feature wall in different colour in every room. And where each wall meets each other, the paint is not even straight! Haiz. I hope this will be rectified tmr and rectified well.

I am also very concerned about the holes that the air con men made. They drilled some holes too big and left it there just like that. Who is supposed to patch up the hole now? Johnny? Would he?

The air con men, while they did try to take precaution, but the laminate flooring seems to have scratches now cos of them. The laminate guy did not put any protective layer on the floor as well so who's at fault this way? Who is responsibile?

The bloody patchy ceiling that the cove lights is shinning onto is giving me a heartache. Really dunno what to do with that one.

That's a L bend, not a T-joint. in fact, 2 L bends. The L bends are required as the vertical pipes cannot be put at the corner since they cannot drill the pipe holders into the corner (don't ask me why nobody bothered to invent corner pipe holders)

your painter haven't heard of masking tape? :D

johnny should patch it up, it's easy :D

i'm wondering why your laminate is up so soon.. laminate should be up at the last stage, just before carpentry.

you need to plaster smooth your ceiling, wanna DIY? i can sell you plaster powder and plastering tools :D

P1090447.jpg

MBR toilet Light

i like your piping, very artistic :P

Nono my false ceiling is lovely. Its perfect. Its the REAL ceiling that is ugly! I can see all the brush strokes!! Painting also cannot cover those kind! Haiz!

But ID is like coordinate everything for you... if they have to ask someone to come and patch up the hole for me, wouldn't he charge me? Johnny keep telling me he needs to be fair to his workers as well..... ??

if he charges you for small things like this.. i have nothing to say. tell johnny if he wants to be fair to his workers, he should pay them more and pocket less :D

Btw see the black glass there?

Before johnny put up the top 3 panels, he called my BF and asked if we are putting heater on the glass panel, then we said no. We are putting the heater on the side.

Earlier on Johnny and us had a discussion face to face and we thought he understood that we will not put the heater on the glass panel but we'll put JUST the shower head!

So when we asked Johnny why did the plumber put the water pipe this way, he told us that he asked if we wanted the heater on the glass panel and we said no. But we want the shower head there what! And then he asked his tiler to put up the last 3 tiles.

Now, he say cannot change COS glass must DRILL then put up. Cannot put up then drill. Then what?

I sincerely hope he doesnt expect me to live with this. Cos if not what's the glass panel feature thing for if the shower is going to face the toilet bowl? And shouldnt it raise any alarm to him, as an ID, that something is not right if the owner is requesting for the shower head to point directly at where the toilet paper holder is?

And if he has to change the piping, that would mean there will be some holes on the non glass tiles... so am I right to expect that he change those as well?

is the glass tempered glass? if not, it can still be drilled. but you need to use drill bit meant for drilling glass.

you better tell him what you want to rectify and how you want it to be done. since all these changes would mean less money in his pocket, he probably won't be happy about it.

P1090396.jpg

Here's a look at the still messy living/dining area.

I think the false ceiling is very nicely done. I think the trench looks nice. Painters coming to give the trench a coat of paint tmr. cant wait for my electrician to put the downlights up. :D

So in the end, I decided to do a fan + cove lights and hope for the best. :)

When deciding whether to do a false ceiling a not, I was extremly worried that it would make the whole place look smaller but it didn't at all. in fact, it added a touch of class to the place. :)

Edited by annjoy

That's a L bend, not a T-joint. in fact, 2 L bends. The L bends are required as the vertical pipes cannot be put at the corner since they cannot drill the pipe holders into the corner (don't ask me why nobody bothered to invent corner pipe holders)

your painter haven't heard of masking tape? :D

johnny should patch it up, it's easy :D

i'm wondering why your laminate is up so soon.. laminate should be up at the last stage, just before carpentry.

you need to plaster smooth your ceiling, wanna DIY? i can sell you plaster powder and plastering tools :D

i like your piping, very artistic :P

if he charges you for small things like this.. i have nothing to say. tell johnny if he wants to be fair to his workers, he should pay them more and pocket less :D

is the glass tempered glass? if not, it can still be drilled. but you need to use drill bit meant for drilling glass.

you better tell him what you want to rectify and how you want it to be done. since all these changes would mean less money in his pocket, he probably won't be happy about it.

I have no idea how the painters painted the corners. But I hope they touch up well tmr.

Nope its not tempered glass. Yes Johnny said can drill but it might shatter.

Ya, tmr will b the day I tell him what needs to be rectified.

One reason why the laminate flooring is up "so soon" is cos I have to move in this thurs already.

But having said that, johnny should advise the lamiate flooring guy to cover up isnt it? Cos he is planning the scheule of works and he would know whether it needs to be further protected.... :/

And hor, Johnny never told me when air con man should come and do. :/

My electrician and the painters who came turned out to be the ones that asked where's the air con. Only then i realise that, hey air con needs to come asap!

Luckiy the air con men came today and finished the installation, just before tmr which is a very impt day for me indeed.

But one thing good about johnny is, he is very reasonable. Will talk more on that another day. So I hope he understands all my problems from my POV instead of telling me he needs to be fair to his workers.

I can't accept holes in the toilet wall tiles if he has to move the water pipes to the glass wall. He must rectify it. Dont think patching up with white cement will work. I think he can only change the whole tile.

I can't accept putting the shower head shooting directly at the toilet bowl and toilet paper. not at all.

I cant' accept the messy corners by the painters.

I cant accept having scratches on the living room tiles and on the laminate - not when I havent even move in leh!

I can't accept having holes in the wall! o.O those that are caused by air con installation. My heart nearly stopped when I saw the air con men drilling those huge holes. Hahaha

Edited by annjoy

Ok this is the last post of my crazy avalanche of photos and updates.

P1090356.jpg

Have a look at my pelmut. Free by Johnny. Thanks!

P1090355.jpg

False ceiling

P1090352.jpg

That is SO NOT my fan. So ugly and the lights are completely space guzzlers.

P1090351.jpg

Another view of false ceiling

P1090345.jpg

A view of the kitchen entrance - sliding glass door akan datang!

I have no idea how the painters painted the corners. But I hope they touch up well tmr.

Nope its not tempered glass. Yes Johnny said can drill but it might shatter.

Ya, tmr will b the day I tell him what needs to be rectified.

One reason why the laminate flooring is up "so soon" is cos I have to move in this thurs already.

But having said that, johnny should advise the lamiate flooring guy to cover up isnt it? Cos he is planning the scheule of works and he would know whether it needs to be further protected.... :/

And hor, Johnny never told me when air con man should come and do. :/

My electrician and the painters who came turned out to be the ones that asked where's the air con. Only then i realise that, hey air con needs to come asap!

Luckiy the air con men came today and finished the installation, just before tmr which is a very impt day for me indeed.

But one thing good about johnny is, he is very reasonable. Will talk more on that another day. So I hope he understands all my problems from my POV instead of telling me he needs to be fair to his workers.

I can't accept holes in the toilet wall tiles if he has to move the water pipes to the glass wall. He must rectify it. Dont think patching up with white cement will work. I think he can only change the whole tile.

I can't accept putting the shower head shooting directly at the toilet bowl and toilet paper. not at all.

I cant' accept the messy corners by the painters.

I cant accept having scratches on the living room tiles and on the laminate - not when I havent even move in leh!

I can't accept having holes in the wall! o.O those that are caused by air con installation. My heart nearly stopped when I saw the air con men drilling those huge holes. Hahaha

huh? can drill but can shatter? then drill carefully lah! and use glass drill bit, not masonry drill bit... if shatter, replace at his own cost since it's his fault for not paying attention.

you're moving in this thurs?! my house is in a similar stage of reno as yours and i am only able to move in next Fri :P my laminates will be done this Fri, after the lights/fans are up.

as for the toilet wall tiles, you better tell him you do not want to see patched jobs after rectification

the scratches would be a bit tricky... because you can't polish them away. only thing i know you can do is use a wood marker. your ID sure is not going to replace the scratched laminates, if that's what you're thinking :D too much $ scratches on tiles may be polish-able if your tiles are homogenous.

your aircon men drills bigger holes than my plumbing man :D my mom was saying that the plumbing holes are big! i don't think so, but i didn't say anything :D

huh? can drill but can shatter? then drill carefully lah! and use glass drill bit, not masonry drill bit... if shatter, replace at his own cost since it's his fault for not paying attention.

you're moving in this thurs?! my house is in a similar stage of reno as yours and i am only able to move in next Fri :P my laminates will be done this Fri, after the lights/fans are up.

as for the toilet wall tiles, you better tell him you do not want to see patched jobs after rectification

the scratches would be a bit tricky... because you can't polish them away. only thing i know you can do is use a wood marker. your ID sure is not going to replace the scratched laminates, if that's what you're thinking :D too much $ scratches on tiles may be polish-able if your tiles are homogenous.

your aircon men drills bigger holes than my plumbing man :D my mom was saying that the plumbing holes are big! i don't think so, but i didn't say anything :D

Why wont he replace the scratched laminates? The laminats are non-scratchable "SUPPOSEDLY" leh! Haiz and he should ask the laminate guy to come replace mah...

ok thanks for letting me that I should tell johnny i do not want to see patched jobs after rectification.

ya moving in this thurs BUT I am only staying in one common room.

The carpentry and all will only start work after CNY. u got no carpentry??

Btw, for the carpentry also I feel a bit insecure. He said he cannot give me exact measurements. If I need exac t measurements so that i can fit the ikea fully extendable drawers, I can tell him now and he wi,lll ask his caprtener to incorporate it in.

I asked if after the carpenter measure, will carpenter come up with a 2D drawing at least?

Johnny said no.

Then how?

Johnny said he will just build lor.

And here I am thinking, I am paying premium for a custom made cabinet... how come I dun get to see the exact measurements before they proceed? What if I dont like it? What if its not to my liking?

And if I buy off the shelf like from Ikea, at least I can see what I am getting!

Actually ok la, kitchen a lot of people say Ikea one no good but hey, the wardrobe also same case leh!! he say for the inside layout, he cannot give me measurements... either i select from this sheet of templates he gave me, OR I design myself and tell him.

How come like tt?

Normal practice?

Again for wardrobe, he wont show me any 2D with exact measurements and he will just proceed to build.

In this case, isnt it better for me to buy off the shelves?

Isn't it better if they get approval from owners before building? Or is rectification a simple job if say I don't like the size of this wardrobe shelf? Gosh... this is puzzling!

Edited by annjoy