Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
julirudi

White Calcium Stain On Black Tiles In Toilet

Hmm... i saw this at my sis house too, though her tiles is dark brownish... try to scrub also useless. mayb try vinegar? jialat, my new hse is black tiles too..... i guess soon my pro same as u!

hihi penguin...

right....even when u brush after u shower....it may look clean but somehow when it's dry....then u will see this....can vinegar on homo tiles???? need to do more research before using becos vinegar is acidic worrr.....i use on shower glass to remove soap scum....seems to be effective....the glass gets very clean....

i was tinking lemon + baking powder..... :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hmm... i saw this at my sis house too, though her tiles is dark brownish... try to scrub also useless. mayb try vinegar? jialat, my new hse is black tiles too..... i guess soon my pro same as u!

Possible to provide photos so I can help you to slove the problem

can you advice me?? see the white patches whent he floor is dry....

53944bf2.jpg

believe me, it will be back. If there are new technologies that can fix this, do let me know. :D

one suggestion is to get one of those colorless vinegar, i think ntuc has an inhouse brand one...cheap cheap like ~$1 per bottle and you pour and let it soak for a while and then brush, see if it will help to lighten it or not.

Acid wash will do the trick, but too many acid wash is bad for the tiles and grouting. The best bet is to use your shower head to hose down the walls and floor with just clean water after everytime, you take a bath. This will wash away the soap scum left behind.
Edited by wuga98

it the cement below the tiles seeping thru, it cannot be corrected as least to my knowledge. Your need to hack the tiles and re-waterproof it and retile. :(

Acid wash will do the trick, but too many acid wash is bad for the tiles and grouting. The best bet is to use your shower head to hose down the walls and floor with just clean water after everytime, you take a bath. This will wash away the soap scum left behind.

Edited by fierydragon

it the cement below the tiles seeping thru, it cannot be corrected as least to my knowledge. Your need to hack the tiles and re-waterproof it and retile. :(

Hi All,

I need help..have renovated the toilet for like 4 months now....but im facing these problems with my toilet tiles which is black for the wall tile and black homogenious for the floor tile..theres always this white stain( people tell me its calcium) be it at the dge of the tile or anywhere..i've tried scrubbing, spraying water etc but after a while when its dry..the stain will be there again..how can i remove this?? Pls help...

Hi All,

I need help..have renovated the toilet for like 4 months now....but im facing these problems with my toilet tiles which is black for the wall tile and black homogenious for the floor tile..theres always this white stain( people tell me its calcium) be it at the dge of the tile or anywhere..i've tried scrubbing, spraying water etc but after a while when its dry..the stain will be there again..how can i remove this?? Pls help...

Possible to provide photos so I can help you to slove the problem

Hi All,

my floor is black homogeneous also. think the white stuff could be residue from soap or bath foam. Try use a smaller brush to brush. Not sure if it helps but it works for us. THough next time think i will get grey tiles instead of black , this will cut maintenance effort.

Hi All,