Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Me, Jane

Dishwasher

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I am looking for info about buying a dishwasher. Like which brand, size?

Since there are no replies, I've decided to post a copy of what to do when choosing a dishwasher, in case any one is interested. Let me know if it's helpful and if you have a dishwasher or intend to buy one. - -

Step

Measure the space where the dishwasher will go. Most dishwashers are either 18 or 24 inches wide and can hold 12 place settings.

Step

Check the number of spray levels. The more directions of spray that a dishwasher has, the cleaner your dishes will be.

Step

Look for a dishwasher that heats water to at least 140 degrees. Often, the water heating unit is located within the dishwasher itself.

Step

Choose a dishwasher with a food grinder or heavy-duty disposal if you don't want to pre-rinse.

Step

Check the Energy Guide label for the energy-efficiency rating. The lower the number, the less energy the dishwasher will use in a year.

Step

Choose a delay start function if you will want to program the dishwasher to run when you are not home or at night.

Step

Consider the kinds of cycles you want the dishwasher to run. Options include light cycles for washing lightly-soiled dishes or china and crystal; normal cycles for normal, everyday dishwashing; heavy or "pots and pans" cycles for dishes or baking pans with stuck-on food; and "rinse and hold" cycles to remove food and odors if dishes will sit in the dishwasher for some time before a full washing cycle is run.

Step

Buy a sound-dampening package if you think the dishwasher will be too noisy.

Step

Find out what the warranty covers and whether or not it is included in the price of the dishwasher. Decide on an extended warranty if desired.

Step

Be sure the dishwasher can be serviced locally.

so which brand u buy

Not in a hurry to buy one. But here's some interesting development going on at the Singapore Polytechnic though it doesn't say when the invention will be put into a dish washing machine. It appeared on tv news a few days ago. Students have developed a technique for washing dishes using small air bubbles that move about in the water thereby removing dirt, unlike the conventional use of water sprays.

Does any reader have more info on this?

I am looking for info about buying a dishwasher. Like which brand, size?

Hi Me, Jane ,

theres a few brands in the local market like : Ariston , Bosch , Electrolux , Teka , F & P .

It depends on the area that you have and whether do you need it for stand alone , built in as different diswasher carter to different location .

Theres fully integrated ( for built in ) / 45 cm diswasher for compact sizes / semi integrated ( for built in ) / and different colours too range from white to silver to stainless steel .

kitchen matters

Hi Me, Jane ,

theres a few brands in the local market like : Ariston , Bosch , Electrolux , Teka , F & P .

It depends on the area that you have and whether do you need it for stand alone , built in as different diswasher carter to different location .

Theres fully integrated ( for built in ) / 45 cm diswasher for compact sizes / semi integrated ( for built in ) / and different colours too range from white to silver to stainless steel .

kitchen matters

thanks. what about gaggenau?

thanks. what about gaggenau?

Hi Me , Jane

Gaggenau have around 8-9 modes , and their Version comes with Aluminium / Glass / Stainless Steel ( Stand alone ) and also Fully Integrated models . Some comes with 4 , 5 , 6 programs and automatic timer . their highlights are -Varioflex top basket and varioflex bottom basket .

their design are sleek too. :)

kitchen matter :)

Hi Me , Jane

Gaggenau have around 8-9 modes , and their Version comes with Aluminium / Glass / Stainless Steel ( Stand alone ) and also Fully Integrated models . Some comes with 4 , 5 , 6 programs and automatic timer . their highlights are -Varioflex top basket and varioflex bottom basket .

their design are sleek too. :)

kitchen matter :)

Miele!!!

Miele!!!

Hi lapena ;

as for Miele dishwasher , the features are Energy Save , Quick wash 40 degree , light soilong 50 degree , Normal 55 degree , Sendor wash 55-65 degree , sensor wash , Pots and pans 75 degree , Intensive 65 degree , Cold wash , Sensor wash gentle .

they do come with Freestanding ,Integrated , Fully integrated , slimline (45cm).

I feel that both gives out good features , programs and cater for different size for the space. Design wise is also sleek , as certain of their models its handle is a C shape (quite Retro look) And some also comes with Display to show the time and program .

Happy shopping :)

kitchen matters

what's the price range like for Miele and Gaggenau? i know it's high but well just wanna confirm thanks

i think the basic miele starts from around $3k to 5k, same as with gaggenau. U can check with Miele at the showroom at winsland hse or BSH home appliances at jalan pemimpin! Both are gd brands, it depends on the look ur kitchen wants! Miele of course, will be the preferrd choice for me!

i think the basic miele starts from around $3k to 5k, same as with gaggenau. U can check with Miele at the showroom at winsland hse or BSH home appliances at jalan pemimpin! Both are gd brands, it depends on the look ur kitchen wants! Miele of course, will be the preferrd choice for me!

I got a Miele (old model) from the Miele display unit sale last month (but still had those sticky cover on it). Paid only 1850 for it.

Is dish washer water efficient and how clean is it compare to using hand washing of plates?

U be surprised at how water efficient and energy efficient it can be! For a 12 place settings, a gd dishwasher can use as little as 10 litres of water and 1kw of electricity an hr! However much depends on the set up of ur kitchen! alot of designers in sg nowadays dun focus attention on kitchens

and thus not much space left for a dishwasher to be integrated, and alot of condo units actually have tiny kitchens..