Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MohGuan

Epoxy Flooring

Just bought a 3-room flat. Need to give the house a very different look.

I'm thinking of applying epoxy paint to the existing flooring which is tiles. I guess in order to have a seamless flooring i.e. without any joint lines, I guess I'll have to cement screed the flooring before applying the epoxy paint.

I like my flooring to be glossy white. Not sure if maintenance will be an issue.

Anyone out there who have used epoxy paint for flooring please share with me your feedback.

Thanks.

:D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If I'm not mistaken, epoxy paint scratches very easily. If that's the case, you'll have lots of problems with your chairs and even when you are moving into your house....

If I'm not mistaken, epoxy paint scratches very easily. If that's the case, you'll have lots of problems with your chairs and even when you are moving into your house....

yes, i agree.... and they are also prone to cracks especially with the difference in temperature....

Just bought a 3-room flat. Need to give the house a very different look.

I'm thinking of applying epoxy paint to the existing flooring which is tiles. I guess in order to have a seamless flooring i.e. without any joint lines, I guess I'll have to cement screed the flooring before applying the epoxy paint.

I like my flooring to be glossy white. Not sure if maintenance will be an issue.

Anyone out there who have used epoxy paint for flooring please share with me your feedback.

Thanks.

:D

I think you are better off with doing white cement screed rather than epoxy paint mate. White cement screed will give you a marble like finish...seamless...but only think is it will not be shiny.

Epoxy paint looks **** cool to start but not lasting...and cracks easily...giving you lots of headache...especially dangerous once you have little ones running around..picking up the pain flakes which dropped off...

trust me...i had to replace my floor with tiles after 3 years ....which by that time...the epoxy flooring was in rather bad condition already mate

Thanks to those who took the time to reply to my query.

I do know that maintenance might be an issue in future, but then I really like the cool look.

Visited Air Division flagship store at Wilikie Road last weekend and fall in love with the natural look of the flooring, despite that there are some cracks and some peeling on it.

Now what I need is to find a reliable contractor to help me achieve that kinda look as Air Division flagship store. For those who happens to know contractor who can help to achieve such glossy flooring, please provide me with contacts.

For those who might not have any idea to what sort of flooring I'm looking at, you may want to take a look at the video clip below. The glossy white flooring is what I want at my home.

http://www.airdivision.com/siteMain/videos/virtualTour.html

(moderator - if you find the link is not appropriate, please go ahead to have it removed. Thanks)

On 1/4/2010 at 11:18 AM, blue_skies said:

If I'm not mistaken, epoxy paint scratches very easily

You are actually quite right about this when it comes to epoxy paint hence using them on the floor might not not be a good idea in the long run

I was considering metallic epoxy paint for my toilets as they looked cool, but not sure lasting they are. If nothing heavy drops on them, dun think they will crack that easily?