Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mummy Lynn

Open Concept Kitchen Good For Fengshui?

Swift, i thought of what you mentioned too. But I've read somewhere on what Linus has bring up also... wanna go ahead and hack but also"kia si"... if i know, i will not get a fsm le. ignorant is a bliss!

mummylynn, better to get another fsm opinion in this case. my home kitchen is open concept too, which i think is quite common nowadays ar, my fsm never say bad abt it, home even picked by my fsm. yet my situation now is so much better than previous home, which is the normal enclose kitchen.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Who's your FSM? can recommend? Thanks!

yoz. pai sei. long time never come in here. My FSM is Master JS Liew. can email him. his email is canxuange@hotmail.com

very nice guy..

yoz. pai sei. long time never come in here. My FSM is Master JS Liew. can email him. his email is canxuange@hotmail.com

very nice guy..

Recently, my malay colleague suddenly mentioned to me why chinese so "pun tan", stove & sink cannot put together or face each other...., I use 5-element concept explained to him (anyway, he still blur blur after my expl)

Kitchen is a place where "full of fire". Those who're FS-awared understand the importance of balancing of the 5-element within a house, within a body, within an organisation, or even open space surrounding him.

Stove is "fire", those reflective/silvery spoon/plates/cup also classified as "fire". Excessive "fire" element within a space/house will lead to active activities, many moments/actions, mental unrest, unnecessary arguements.......

To count "fire" is to increase "earth/soil" element, not increase "water". "Fire" & "Water" meets together will "collid" each other. Counter measures: reducing reflective areas, eg change silvery steel to those non reflective, put brown-color cups or basket, round off those whatever "sharp corners" within kitchen. So the "fire" Qi will be reduced.

Wealth related element is "Metal" Qi which associates to precision, solid, full, neat/tidy. To increase/strengthen "metal" Qi will help bringing in $$$$. Don't believe? Next time visiting friend/relatives' place, see their house neat or not, open their cabinet/waredrobe see if things fold/store/place properly or not. "Poor" ppl's house tend to be messy within.

Open-concept kitchen is more suitable for those couples who seldom cook or don't cook. Those who often cook know the "power" of this "oily stain" - goes everywhere, nomatter how strong the sucker is. You need to "seal" the whole kitchen when cooking, so this oily stains will not go to hall or rooms. Cooker wash hair often too, lucky I'm not the cooker.

If you want more "wealth", learn how to increase "Metal" element within your house....

Edited by bepgof

Wealth related element is "Metal" Qi which associates to precision, solid, full, neat/tidy. To increase/strengthen "metal" Qi will help bringing in $$$$. Don't believe? Next time visiting friend/relatives' place, see their house neat or not, open their cabinet/waredrobe see if things fold/store/place properly or not. "Poor" ppl's house tend to be messy within.

My house is quite messy. Especially living hall and study room. MAsterbed sometimes also. That's why maybe I'm not very rich. Just manage to have 1 terrace and 2 condo. My cars also always stuck at 2.

My house is quite messy. Especially living hall and study room. MAsterbed sometimes also. That's why maybe I'm not very rich. Just manage to have 1 terrace and 2 condo. My cars also always stuck at 2.

Congrats, keep going on.

Edited by bepgof

Hi Ivy,

The fsm i engage nobody mention about her in renotalk. anyway, she was saying that stove and sink should not be facing the door or opening. So if i hack away all the walls, the stove and sink will definitely facing the door or opening ma since no walls at all. Ask her got any "remedy" if i insist on hacking than she say no. she say got this ang mo customer also dun listen to her and hack the kitchen wall of his condo, end up his business immediately go downhill, his wife who is doing sales never close any deal for 2 months and their child keep falling sick also. The ang mo went back to her again for help ( i guess he build back the wall) and everything went back to normal. I so lost now leh... :(

Sounds so crap. I will not listen only to this fsm.. If she is really so good, then she will not be fsm only.. she is one of the most wealth person in SG liao... sorry if I sounds bad :P My advise is to look for others fms & not solely depends on this fsm.

Before I married my wife, her wardrobe has one section like a mountain for all the excess cloths and discarded. Said she wanted to give to charity but didn't have the time. She was well to do.

After we married, her wardrobe again without folding chucked all the unwanted there....sigh! :dunno: Her income a few times more than me!!

Don't know where you adopt this kind of funny 'theory'???

And how to boost the metal qi??

Make sure your house: 后(玄武)背有靠,左(青龙)右(白虎)有抱,堂前(朱雀)有照,照中有泡

Edited by bepgof

my flat is open concept kitchen, but i not cooking...is it a must to do fenshui edit. i free thinker leh. bo chap bo chap

so it a must to audit fengshui, what if u are free thinker and don't believe?

If u don't believe den no point for FSM to view yr house...

Edited by Sylphy

I am just a fengshui reader so you can go ahead to discount what i am going to type below.

There are a few different schools of fengshui. Hence maybe that explain the conflicting judgement by different fengshui master ?

There is another way to look at this. Use a compass, locate the direction of your kitchen. If your kitchen sits in the SouthEast of your house, that means your wealth is in the kitchen.Hence maybe thats why some people works well with open concept's kitchen, some dont. It may depend on which direction your kitchen is.

Southeast is represented by the Wood Element. Hence to enhance the wealth, you will need colours of green, or brown or elements of wood. Blue goes with green because you feed water to produce the wood, thus you are growing your wealth. However stove means fire. Fire will exhaust Wood ( slow down or reduces ). And what really destruct wood is metal. And Water destruct Fire. Confused now ?

Why people dont put stove opposite or next to sink is because of this . Water will destroy the fire. However it depends on what you want to achieve and which corner of the house does your kitchen sit. For some this may be ideal, for some it is not.

Eg if your kitchen sits in South ( where it represents fame ), South = fire. Having a blue kitchen will destroy fame. Having a Green / Wood colour kitchen will means you feed wood to grow fire, hence you will have fame.

The cure for a sink next to a stove, is just to put a wooden chopping board between the two. Hence water will produces wood which wood is feed into fire.

Eg. if you kitchen sits in Southwest ( where it represents relationship ) , SW = Earth. Having earth colour will be good. Also having a red kitchen means fire will produces and enhances the earth. Hence you will have a good relationship. However if your SW kitchen happen to be woody in colour , it totally destroy good relationship ( with friends / family /spouse )

There are more for diff directions, but suggest if you are keen, please pick up one of Lilian Too's old fengshui book. It is pretty interesting.

Edited by purecat