Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gsam

Windows Opening On Their Own (?)

Hi guys, just had casement windows (no top-hung) installed, and moved into my new place last week. I live around the 10th storey.

I noticed that over the last 2 days, there would be one particular window in the master bedroom that would, upon coming back from work, be open (70 degrees ajar). I usually close (but not latch) the windows before heading off to work in the morning, so this is very strange.

Bathroom windows are left open, and it can be quite windy (unblocked) at times, but can the wind be so strong as to push open the window? More so that the wind from the bathroom window is not directly flowing to these windows. Build-up of pressure difference between the master and the outside? Any possible explanations? There's friction in the hinges so it's not that easy for a slight gust of wind to blow open the window, as most of you who have casement windows would know.

Has anyone experienced this before??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi guys, just had casement windows (no top-hung) installed, and moved into my new place last week. I live around the 10th storey.

I noticed that over the last 2 days, there would be one particular window in the master bedroom that would, upon coming back from work, be open (70 degrees ajar). I usually close (but not latch) the windows before heading off to work in the morning, so this is very strange.

Bathroom windows are left open, and it can be quite windy (unblocked) at times, but can the wind be so strong as to push open the window? More so that the wind from the bathroom window is not directly flowing to these windows. Build-up of pressure difference between the master and the outside? Any possible explanations? There's friction in the hinges so it's not that easy for a slight gust of wind to blow open the window, as most of you who have casement windows would know.

Install a CCTV (camera/webcam) and point it at your windows to monitor/record. Sometimes, you may be surprise.

My assumptions/guesses are;

1) The wind

2) Someone playfully took a long stick to disturb

3) Family members opened wider

4) Don't play play, the unseen "Good/Bad" brother (Better pray pray)

Edited by Thomas

my kitchen door (glass), no latch, also open by itself.

apparently it is wind.