Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rawmeat

Agent Cheated Me....

Poor u, to meet such a irresponsible seller. I hope HDB will approve the appeal soon!

Besides MOP, we should get our agent to check the seller's Bankruptcy status too.

OTPs typically state 30 days for submission.

To buyers who are unfortuately in a similar situation as ours, read your OTP in detail to see if there is any clause that will help you.

Coz when we did that, we then realised that as at option date, if the seller fails to meet MOP & thus can't sell, the OTP is null & void and we can get back our deposit and claim for damages/compensation against the seller. As we are already so upset with the situation, we decided to give up on the flat and therefore invoked the clause to end the case. However if you still want the flat and willing to wait, you have to re-sign a new OTP upon successful appeal by seller.

Now we have created a checklist for our next purchase:

1) MOP

2) Bankruptcy

3) No of days for submission

4) Cheque number for option deposit & exercise option deposit

5) Witness' detail on OTP (coz mine only had buyer's witness)

6) Take back buyer's copy of OTP upon signing option. When it's time to exercise option, then bring it along to sign in seller's presence.

7) Make copy of both cheques and get seller to acknowledge receipt of it

Anything I missed out?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i'm quite shock to learn how ungoverned the agents are and how they can get away with their crimes without any punishment as there are no goverance at all.... click a few buttons, get 1% comission from sellers.... if sellers refuse to commit to commission, then house is not available for sale... this had got to stop...