Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
derrickteng

Kitchen Cabinets With Base - Standard?

Need to seek expert advice from this forum. My ID quoted me 7000 bucks for full kitchen cabinets. However, after we signed the agreement, they came down to my place for the second time and told me that they forgot to include the base which will cost an additional S$450. I was like.. shouldn't it be part of the total cost of the kitchen stuff? How can you fix kitchen cabinets on the ground without any base? Is the base a standard issue for kitchens when your IDs quote?

Please help! Thanks alot in advance!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Need to seek expert advice from this forum. My ID quoted me 7000 bucks for full kitchen cabinets. However, after we signed the agreement, they came down to my place for the second time and told me that they forgot to include the base which will cost an additional S$450. I was like.. shouldn't it be part of the total cost of the kitchen stuff? How can you fix kitchen cabinets on the ground without any base? Is the base a standard issue for kitchens when your IDs quote?

yes, they will usually quote u for the base....if not, u can check n ask them, if they fit in cabinets with little legs at the bottom, how much? shd be cheaper cos less materials used...

I ask my ID to do baseless kitchen cabinet with some leg. Look nice too and mine is only using LPG gas tank. It more cheaper after taking away the base cost.

Thanks for the advice! but shouldn't they include it in when they quote me for the cabinets? just wondering cos it's my first home...

Thanks for the advice! but shouldn't they include it in when they quote me for the cabinets? just wondering cos it's my first home...

7000 bucks seems a bit ex for kitchen cabinet... You can try to negotiate with the company, tell them that they were the one who forgot to put it in...

Or you can try to go for suspended cabinets, they look quite nice and you don't need a base for them.

Anyway, $450 is quite ex! Think a contactor will charge around $200 - $300...

Edited by coldflamez

i think your ID is trying to smoke you. Quoting a kitchen without base is almost the same as quoting a cupboard without shelfs! And 7000 is really quite ex. What is the total foot length of the quoted kitchen cabinet? How much is your ID charging per foot length?

i think your ID is trying to smoke you. Quoting a kitchen without base is almost the same as quoting a cupboard without shelfs! And 7000 is really quite ex. What is the total foot length of the quoted kitchen cabinet? How much is your ID charging per foot length?

It is a rip off. I seriously dun understand why do we need to go for those old fashion raised based? Is that even necessary? These may be relevant back in the old days, these days noone really "scrub" the floor and moreover a floating or raised cabinet is better than one with a base.