Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
samgalz

Our Dream Home~

I have been reading and benefiting alot of information and ideas from Renotalk though I have not got the keys to my unit. As a typical kiasu singaporean, I am already looking out for reno information. :P

Our unit is a 4rm reasale in Sengkang and our first appt will be 19 April (long story as to why we have to wait so long for the appt)...so estimate completion will be somewhere around end May. We will be getting a FSM to audit the house and after which we will start the reno process. No floor plan at this moment (so sorry) but we shall be purchasing it pretty soon and will upload it once available. As of today, what hubby and I have decided that the works we will be doing to the house will be as follows:

1) Dismantle exisiting kitchen cabinets and constructing new cabinets with soft-closing hinges and blum or blum alike systems.

2) Kitchen door (optional, depending on the damage to the budget)

3) replacing MBR and common toilet doors and do shower screen

4) constructing MBR toilet vanity area and small vanity area for common toilet

5) build-in wardrobe /cabinet for MBR, child bedroom and study room.

6) replace main gate and change lock for main door

7) wallpaper study room (still considering as hubby need the room to teach music so need to do a little soundproofing)

8) constructing cabinets at the bay windows at the MBR and child bedroom

9) roller blinds for 3 rooms and living room

Right now, I am looking out for furniture and electrical products that we are interested and keeping a note so that when we get down to do the purchase, at least we know what we want. :rolleyes:

Wishlist for now

1) Indesit front loader IWB 6085 EU 6kg - $729 @ Mayer

2) Panasonic 3-in-1 microwave oven NNGS597MYPQ~SILVER - $499 @ Gain City

3) Panasonic Refrigerator NR-BT262 - $499 @ Gain City or NRBU302SSSG~SILVER - $599 @ Gain City OR

4) Sharp Refrigerator SJD26SSL~SILVER - $449 @ Gain City or SJD30SSL~SILVER - $489 @ gain city

5) Samsung or Panasonic 32" or max 42" LCD TV

6) Roomba irobot (i LOVE but hubby and family is persuading me to drop the idea) :~

Congrats on getting your house...if you are getting FSM to audit your house, must as well hear what he comments first before buying or ordering any furniture...

6Kg for front loading quite small wor...and at $729 is not cheap...consider other brand like samsung or LG...same price will probably get a 7.5Kg...

For LCD if it is for living room, go for 42"...will not be wrong. The price also not much diff.

Haha...Roomba irobot, I agreed with your family dun buy...a nice to have toy but not very practical and it will sooner or later end up in the store-room.

Spend the money on a good vaccum cleaner that has strong suction power...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Congrats on getting your house...if you are getting FSM to audit your house, must as well hear what he comments first before buying or ordering any furniture...

6Kg for front loading quite small wor...and at $729 is not cheap...consider other brand like samsung or LG...same price will probably get a 7.5Kg...

For LCD if it is for living room, go for 42"...will not be wrong. The price also not much diff.

Haha...Roomba irobot, I agreed with your family dun buy...a nice to have toy but not very practical and it will sooner or later end up in the store-room.

Spend the money on a good vaccum cleaner that has strong suction power...

Hi dannywmp

Thanks for the warm welcome! Ya, we will have to wait for the FSM to audit and then we can see where things are placed and have a better idea what to buy. Right now, I'm in the sourcing mode where I will note down things I like :D

I dun intend to get something too big for w/m so 6 or 6.5kg will be fine for me. I also feel $729 is expensive but seems like everywhere I go (Best, Harvey Norman etc) they say front-loaders best go for european brands and european brands are the expensive one lor. Have seen an LG directdrive front loader and is interested in it but also not cheap leh. So am still considering while I still have time. Ultimately I need something which is electrical and water efficient and slightly pricey is still acceptable.

I just saw a Panasonic S class 42" LCD in Best going at $999 yesterday and love it. But too soon to order so hopefully price will lower even more by the time I go ahead to buy :P

Have given up on roomba, "boss" says no so cannot lor! I have one exisiting vaccum cleaner which has pretty strong suction power, will be bringing it to the new house.

Don't buy your tv so fast, you will be able to get better models for the same price if you just wait... I also waited very long still haven't buy, hope coming IT fair will have good deals so that i can settle everything in one shot...

Don't buy your tv so fast, you will be able to get better models for the same price if you just wait... I also waited very long still haven't buy, hope coming IT fair will have good deals so that i can settle everything in one shot...

yup, that's what many people telling me. by the time it's rite for me to buy jus nice should hv the Jun Comex show. Hopefully price will be even more attractive :notti: In fact I was telling my SIL yesterday nite that I dun mind old model, so long functions I need are there and the price is rite.

But fingers **** itchy, so I think I will give the IT fair a miss, will be there to buy something for the company but I shall avoid the consumer electrical sections or else cannot fight the itch!!!! :sport-smiley-004:

So u will be going to get the TV there? Hope u get what u want!

ok, here goes.

this is the proposed plan of the house that I have in mind, done using Adobe Illustrator. would probably have to do some amendments when the FSM audit.

proposedfloorplan.jpg

This is the pic of the sofa bed that we have seen and like. Will most likely get this unless we see something we really love over thissofabed.jpg

Edited by samgalz

If you're planning to consult FSM, you might as well make an appointment with the seller so your FSM can audit and maybe your potential contractor to view and get the "feel" of the house.

Otherwise, like us, our plan has to be changed totally after FSM recommendation

If you're planning to consult FSM, you might as well make an appointment with the seller so your FSM can audit and maybe your potential contractor to view and get the "feel" of the house.

Otherwise, like us, our plan has to be changed totally after FSM recommendation

hey, why i din think of that? i will talk to hubby and probably get agent to contact them and ask. Good idea! :good:

on a different note this is one of the sofa we like...erm...i like :notti:

seahorserinosofa.jpg

Hi dannywmp

Thanks for the warm welcome! Ya, we will have to wait for the FSM to audit and then we can see where things are placed and have a better idea what to buy. Right now, I'm in the sourcing mode where I will note down things I like :D

I dun intend to get something too big for w/m so 6 or 6.5kg will be fine for me. I also feel $729 is expensive but seems like everywhere I go (Best, Harvey Norman etc) they say front-loaders best go for european brands and european brands are the expensive one lor. Have seen an LG directdrive front loader and is interested in it but also not cheap leh. So am still considering while I still have time. Ultimately I need something which is electrical and water efficient and slightly pricey is still acceptable.

I just saw a Panasonic S class 42" LCD in Best going at $999 yesterday and love it. But too soon to order so hopefully price will lower even more by the time I go ahead to buy :P

Have given up on roomba, "boss" says no so cannot lor! I have one exisiting vaccum cleaner which has pretty strong suction power, will be bringing it to the new house.

Hi,

I bought my Samsumg 7.5kg Made in Korea model from HN at around $800 (with 3 years ext. warrenty) so far we are happy with the performance. Although not as silent as LG directdrive but the washing is really clean...Europe brand, just make sure that they are really made in Europe...not just the brand...cheers

You are right...TV should be the last things to buy...every 3 months IT show and every month different place having storewide discount...and not forgetting latest model in market every now and then...with $999, in 3 months time you can get the next higher range of model or same model with lower price...

:)

But fingers **** itchy, so I think I will give the IT fair a miss, will be there to buy something for the company but I shall avoid the consumer electrical sections or else cannot fight the itch!!!! :sport-smiley-004:

So u will be going to get the TV there? Hope u get what u want!

i know exactly how you feel! i had to fight the itch for so long... hahaha....

oh, i think Goobii has the exact same sofa bed that you want, except that it is in red...

I saw it too at some fair in expo, think going for 699. Was tempted to buy but decided to wait as it is not a must...

Settle the basic stuffs first...

i know exactly how you feel! i had to fight the itch for so long... hahaha....

oh, i think Goobii has the exact same sofa bed that you want, except that it is in red...

I saw it too at some fair in expo, think going for 699. Was tempted to buy but decided to wait as it is not a must...

Settle the basic stuffs first...

It's from Aero Furniture, if it's $699 at the fair then u are rite to wait cos it's the same price I saw at the showroom in IFC. Probably they might have some promo during the GSS if u can wait that long.

Hi,

I bought my Samsumg 7.5kg Made in Korea model from HN at around $800 (with 3 years ext. warrenty) so far we are happy with the performance. Although not as silent as LG directdrive but the washing is really clean...Europe brand, just make sure that they are really made in Europe...not just the brand...cheers

You are right...TV should be the last things to buy...every 3 months IT show and every month different place having storewide discount...and not forgetting latest model in market every now and then...with $999, in 3 months time you can get the next higher range of model or same model with lower price...

:)

I do hope so!!! :good:

As for w/m, now is shortlisting a Brandt model which is made in Europe. Apparantly the Best saleslady says LG directdrive is made in China....

have started contacting the contractors to do the first quote for my shortlisting. mostly contacts from Renotalk after seeing some of the nice T-blogs around. Most of them replied saying they will only be able to give me the quote next week so shortlisting can wait. Quite good response so far cos One replied my email the next day saying he need time to quote, the rest replied me after I sms them. Some without emails also replied my sms immediately with email addy for me to forward my initial requirements. Probably cos my reno period will not be the peak period bah :yeah:

Will update once the quotes start coming in!

jus had my first damage last night...finally gave in to itch and bought my mattress. Slumberland Vono Back Relaxer (with bamboo yarn) Queen size $790 and single $490.

haha...more purchase will be coming on your way..untill you realise your credit card has reach the max limits! :P

your sofa is it from seahorse,looks like the same as mine just that mine is L-shape!

Ya lor, hopefully it wun turn out that way :P We are looking at budget tightly :D

Yes, the sofa is from sea horse but I have not order yet cos they say they only can keep for 2 months. not long enough for me. they having 70% sale now so price for a 3 seater is $799.65. sooooo tempted to buy but they cannot keep stock. hopefully when i buy they can offer same or lower price..:D

How's your rating for the sofa so far? Good? I brought hubby down to Compass Point store over the weekend and he also agree the sofa is pretty comfy so likely we will aim this set though we did not want leather sofa in the beginning.

Updated

an update on the contractors/ID I have contacted so far:

1) Mr BK - no response after email and sms, given up on him. moving on.

2) Mr Yeak, Basic Image - still awaiting for his quote.

3) Henry, ID Note - still awaiting his quote.

4) Thomas - quote in. one of the shortlisted.

5) Edmund, Adecor design - quote in, one of the shortlisted.

6) Joseph, Primeworks Solution - quote in. one of the shorlisted.

7) Bernard, Gim Wee - quote on high side. am considering..

8) ZL Chua, Colours by Leslie Chua - arranging to meet up this sun for discussion before he quote.

I am now asking my agent to arrange with seller if we can go up a couple of days for FSM audit and contractor site visit so we can have better discussion with the contractors. So it's up to my agent to do the work... :D

Edited by samgalz