Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
samgalz

Our Dream Home~

My T-blog real quiet leh, but think no choice since I not much update at this point. :(

lol..I contribute some...:)

did u consider Intradesign?...my experience with them is good. However, the way they quote as in one lump sum instead of breakdown do not go down well with some ppl. If u can accept that, u may want to consider them......try to get Dave or Angeline

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
My T-blog real quiet leh, but think no choice since I not much update at this point. :(

haha..i come to make noise liao..keke

Actually your blog not quiet loh, u see my blog, I started with all my pics only, then got u guys to come in make some noise, and getting noiser as each day goes. :D

Dont worry lah, make a few more comparison and choose the one u most comfortable with.

Probably like wat u said, designer vs contractor? But isnt DX interior suppose to be a ID?

Unless u really want to put your house totally to a designer, which is like mine, alot of things I am not able to fight, coz his idea is always the best in his designing sense, then u should opt for the 2nd one.

Its really like my house has became his house. haha

The good point is I dont need to worry so much, just need to worry if can adapt. keke :D

ya lor, on the deciding stage. My signature tells all :D

Anyway, an update on the ppl I met so far...

CLC - Met Leslie and Jeremy on Monday 22/3, find he quite nice. He gave a few suggestions and told me my ideal kitchen layout that I wanted (L-shaped) cannot be done :bangwall: Sent me the revised quote on 25/3, find it a little over my initial budget in mind and finds weird that he keep pushing me to sign up before 5/4. Discuss and agree with Hubby to meet a few more before making a "informed" decision. We dun wan to regret any decision later on.

DX Interiors - Met Edmund 25/3, pretty nice guy who is kind enough to meet me on a last min. :P Gives us the impression that he is a very sincere and honest guy. Went through the list with him and he offered a few suggestions which we find viable. He said L-shaped kitchen is do-able provided I can accept a single bowl sink which is fine for me. He stressed that all layout will only be able to confirm by site inspection which I can understand. He is not pushy and even suggested we look for direct to save cost for some items. He will be sending me the quote on 31/3 and I shall see if it fits my budget. Both hubby and I are leaning more towards Edmund at this moment of time as we are both very comfortable with him and like him alot. One thing I like very much about Edmund is that he will offer alternative suggestions to our ideas as compared to Leslie making us adapt to his suggestion. I think that's the difference between a designer and contractor ba! :unsure: Still price decides all so we shall see how.

Will be meeting up Jason of Freshlook on Monday and is trying to find a day to meet Thomas of Ken Home and Edmund of Adecor....Siong leh :disturb: hope can conclude "THE ONE" asap so that I can think of other things. Also dun wan to keep running around and throwing my kid to my MIL to care...sibei pai sey...

edmund from a-decor is my contractor, so far so good...you can also consider Henry from Impress21 (nice guy with competitive quote).

ultimately it still boils down to the chemistry between you and the contractor/ID. gd luck to your hunting.

haha thanks guys for the noise. :P

I dun think I will add in more candidate, with current bunch already find hard to squeeze time to meet and discuss cos hubby work time is erratic. Already I still have some on hand which I did not contact for quote so I will just stick to the few which already replied and going into discussion mode. like wcseow say, see too many also confuse liao.

Edmund DX interior says he is contractor who provide 3D. He dun like to be label as designer. He will understand your needs and habbits and from there do suggestions for you to consider, which is what I like cos ultimately the house will be used by us not the ID. So am thinking should I adapt to the house or let the house be designed to adapt to us! ;) In the end, Edmund also agree price plays an important part. He wants us to take a look at his quote when he send over and decide if we want him. He mentioned he can understand that if his price is over other competitors he also dun wan us to take him so pretty hopeful at this moment of time.

Edited by samgalz

haha..i come to make noise liao..keke

Actually your blog not quiet loh, u see my blog, I started with all my pics only, then got u guys to come in make some noise, and getting noiser as each day goes. :D

Dont worry lah, make a few more comparison and choose the one u most comfortable with.

Probably like wat u said, designer vs contractor? But isnt DX interior suppose to be a ID?

Unless u really want to put your house totally to a designer, which is like mine, alot of things I am not able to fight, coz his idea is always the best in his designing sense, then u should opt for the 2nd one.

Its really like my house has became his house. haha

The good point is I dont need to worry so much, just need to worry if can adapt. keke :D

haha, you and El makes the most noise at both your blogs with the Kucua VS Goro war! :dancingqueen:

me plain jane so nothing for u to dig at....hahaha...shhh better dun say too much or El going to try find my peeve.

maybe this will start some noise?...

*** edited *** for peace...lol

lol...

if to much noise, i come back and edit...lol

Edited by wcseow

my blog also a bit quiet, but prob becos i'm too tired lately to add more pics... haha... it's ok lah, you still have not started yet! Sure there will be a lot more posts once you start your reno..

my blog also a bit quiet, but prob becos i'm too tired lately to add more pics... haha... it's ok lah, you still have not started yet! Sure there will be a lot more posts once you start your reno..

haha coldflamez...dun worry we sure go make noise at ur blog. jus let El know your peeve and he will sure kachiau u.. :P

El, dun kill me :o

dun feel bad la samgalz...once reno start got more updates confirm plus chop

the noise will be bigger than at IT show last day...ahahaha ;)

haha, you and El makes the most noise at both your blogs with the Kucua VS Goro war!

me plain jane so nothing for u to dig at....hahaha...shhh better dun say too much or El going to try find my peeve.

:notti: the truth shall come out eventually...im lurking........muahahaha :notti:

haha coldflamez...dun worry we sure go make noise at ur blog. jus let El know your peeve and he will sure kachiau u.. El, dun kill me

wahhh...evil leh u tell ppl i kachiau2 one.. 8|

cannot kill ppl la...later before i get to live in new hse kena stay here instead... :jail::(

maybe this will start some noise?...

*at peace*

lol...

if to much noise, i come back and edit...lol

:yeah: *peace restored* :yeah:

:jammin::horse: Lalalalalala.....

Edited by El Nino_Al Nito

:furious::fire: :fire: :fire:

:angry: that one too much noise liao...:no:

must come back and edit... :bleah: ahahahaha... :D

wcseow, u forgot we hv L fans here ah. later not only kacuas vs goro war...machiam Man U vs L all over again :bangwall:

i neutral party cos i dun go crazy on soccer

Edited by samgalz

dun feel bad la samgalz...once reno start got more updates confirm plus chop

the noise will be bigger than at IT show last day...ahahaha ;)

haha...sure wun miss u out when that happens.

:notti: the truth shall come out eventually...im lurking........muahahaha :notti:

keeping my mouth zipped.

wahhh...evil leh u tell ppl i kachiau2 one.. 8|

cannot kill ppl la...later before i get to live in new hse kena stay here instead... :jail::(

sorry lor El gor gor... double zipped my mouth wahahahaha....

wcseow, u forgot we hv L fans here ah. later not only kacuas vs goro war...machiam Man U vs L all over again :bangwall:

i neutral party cos i dun go crazy on soccer

lol.....I didnt.....got Liverpool discussion in Everton park somemore.... :):D

...lol.lol...but first I go and edit....:):notti: