Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
samgalz

Our Dream Home~

DAY 5 - TILING

Today tiler came to start work, yippe! went up my place to c the progress.

Living room half done

at another angle.

so far he did living room but seeing the progress, we are quite pleased and also edmund is declaring that the tiler is progressing very fast... LOL :lol:

i :wub: the look of my tiles!

tomolo more tiling and the aircon people are coming in the morning to do dismantling of the old aircons & trunking.

samgalz found your t-blog. big tile u got there ... 30 x 30 or 60 x 60? Sorry had not read your lengthy blog yet, just wanna to post something 1st :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
samgalz found your t-blog. big tile u got there ... 30 x 30 or 60 x 60? Sorry had not read your lengthy blog yet, just wanna to post something 1st :)

haha...welcome welcome. my t-blog is a little too lengthy, isn't it? :P I reallly have to thank lilith, pinktini, el, zelly, merydith, england, joseeng, wcseow, angteko and many more for supporting my blog even way before my reno start....really give me "face" so touched...:lol:

my living and kitchen will be 60x60 tiles, toilet walls is 60x30 tiles and toilet floor is 30x30.

oic..ok..thought u gonna run trunking before you plaster. i had that dilemma a while ago.

u like forcing edmund to finish his tiling by 28 june right? hahaha smart move! :P

sounds like a no brainer, but wouldnt it be better to plaster everything then run trunking? any reason otherwise? :unsure:

instead of plastering those exposed areas only, i'd have at the back of my head that the walls behind the trunking are crying out for a makeover as well. hahaha....:P

btw, Samy jie, yeah! onwards for your progress...as u all seem to say, wish u a shun shun li li reno yah...:P

i also didn't get any letter informing me how much to pay etc. until i was overdue..hahaha..

i suggest calling up the hdb branch office to find out what is the outstanding and due date. handover this sunday? you must be excited! finally your turn liao... :D

Owner called me up yesterday and informed 'you've got mail".

I was like oh, it's ok lah, maybe i'll get it this Sun (which is tomorrow. Cos i tot she called to inform me the time to HO key) and by the way roughly what time can we get the key? Owner said, i cant confirm the time now cos my frenz (transporter) will come on Sun to help me shift and i dont know what time will they be here and what time will be completed?

I was like, ahh...... ok, so can i said it's abt late noon to evening (in my mind i was like, koaz..U expect me to wait whole day for your call and with 1 call, i will be like superwoman, fly & take key ah... *%^(^& urghh!!! :angry:

LOL.... still not much "feel" leh, i think i will be excited only when reno starts :rolleyes:

yeah, infinite....so excited for u...finally ur turn. soon it's going to be zelly's turn too. we should be completing pretty near each other. maybe can organised a mass home visit? wahahaha....

heehee.... maybe not leh, we expect reno will end after mid Aug and shift in only 2nd week of Sept nia. :jail:

Edited by infinitie

El: Thank you. hope it will turn out to be as nice as yours.

infinite: wah, u faced the same prob as I for key collection. these ppl think others have all the time in the world to wait for their orders....machiam we owe them one. :curse: too bad ur situation is diff from us or u can give a ultimum like me... :D

too bad then...was hoping we can finish together...but nvm so long swee swee that's the most impt rite?

DAY 6 & 7 - TILING CONTINUES..

Yesterday and today tiler continue work, tiler work till 7 plus yesterday and today continue work. Edmund says if dun work cannot handover to me wor...:lol: went up this afternoon and tiler already finish tiling living room and is starting on my son's room and the study room. meanwhile he waterproofed first layer of common toilet floor and was starting work on mbr toilet as well. seems good on progress, dun wan it too fast as well cos i wan workmanship to be good. :notti:

IMG_0329.jpg

tiling at main entrance. (pic by edmund)

IMG_0330.jpg

tiling at kitchen doorway (pic by edmund)

IMG_0332.jpg

waterproofing at common toilet

Edited by samgalz

wah samjie, how come your reno progress so fast?!!!! Anyway, good to hear that you can moved in very very soon.....Go Go Go~~~~ hahahaha...

BTW, which seahorse showhouse you went for your sofa ak? Nice sofa set with a good price! wanna go there to have a look!

wah samjie, how come your reno progress so fast?!!!! Anyway, good to hear that you can moved in very very soon.....Go Go Go~~~~ hahahaha...

BTW, which seahorse showhouse you went for your sofa ak? Nice sofa set with a good price! wanna go there to have a look!

haha...fast meh? some faster than me wor. but so far we quite pleased with our contractor's work. he is pretty responsible until this stage. erm...as of now estimated HO is still 4 Aug although he will try his best to meet my request without compromising workmanship.

I went compass point. but hor shd be all sea horse having this promo leh. u go c lah, but hor they max max max hold for u exactly 2 months only. nothing more! so do not attempt to book ur sofa if u cannot meet the required delivery date.

haha...fast meh? some faster than me wor. but so far we quite pleased with our contractor's work. he is pretty responsible until this stage. erm...as of now estimated HO is still 4 Aug although he will try his best to meet my request without compromising workmanship.

I went compass point. but hor shd be all sea horse having this promo leh. u go c lah, but hor they max max max hold for u exactly 2 months only. nothing more! so do not attempt to book ur sofa if u cannot meet the required delivery date.

Hey Sam,

I can see that your renovation is progressing very well. I recall that your renovation didnt start till quite late in May or I got it wrong?

I went to the GR Link as recommended by you. Both staff are friendly and prices are reasonable. There is another sanitary wares shop down the same stretch and prices are also reasonable too. Have you gone in there before? Think is Hoe Kee.

Oh, England drew in the first match against the US, thanks to Robert Green. Gerrard's strike still gives me the goosebumps. I hope your hubby didnt put money on England in that match. Having said that, they will win the remaining both matches though.

Cheers.

hey yuene, were u the one who wanted to do cement floors? got a t-blog?

better late than never. :D

U going to set up T-blog rite? looking forward to seeing your 3Ds and house transformation!!!

lilithfiend: Ya, I was the one who was crazy over cement screed... I started a t-blog a while back but due to inactivity it somehow dropped off the face of the earth...will set up soon!

samgalz: oooh good progress on the house!

Edited by yuene

Hey Sam,

I can see that your renovation is progressing very well. I recall that your renovation didnt start till quite late in May or I got it wrong?

I went to the GR Link as recommended by you. Both staff are friendly and prices are reasonable. There is another sanitary wares shop down the same stretch and prices are also reasonable too. Have you gone in there before? Think is Hoe Kee.

Oh, England drew in the first match against the US, thanks to Robert Green. Gerrard's strike still gives me the goosebumps. I hope your hubby didnt put money on England in that match. Having said that, they will win the remaining both matches though.

Cheers.

my reno start on 4 June so today is the 8th day of reno :D

I went Hoe Kee before but in the end I chose GR Link. I like the service and the price. :D

so in the end did u buy anything?

Edited by samgalz

Thanks yuene!

DAY 8-TILING CONTINUE

today went up my place late afternoon. not sure if the tiler had worked today but noted new progress. The pebblewash in the living room to cover the crack floor is done! drop down kerb at common toilet is done and waiting for tiling to commence. for study and son's room, half the room are done. am pleased with what I saw but cos we went down late and was raining, so the house was too dark for us to take pics with our iphones. shall go back and take pic and load on another day. :P

on a separate note, got my shoe cabinet and wardrobe for study room from Hommage liao. happen to see a sample of my dining set which Eric brought in as display. LOVE IT~! :good:

Edited by samgalz

Thanks yuene!

DAY 8-TILING CONTINUE

today went up my place late afternoon. not sure if the tiler had worked today but noted new progress. The pebblewash in the living room to cover the crack floor is done! drop down kerb at common toilet is done and waiting for tiling to commence. for study and son's room, half the room are done. am pleased with what I saw but cos we went down late and was raining, so the house was too dark for us to take pics with our iphones. shall go back and take pic and load on another day. :P

on a separate note, got my shoe cabinet and wardrobe for study room from Hommage liao. happen to see a sample of my dining set which Eric brought in as display. LOVE IT~! :good:

can share the pic of your shoes cabinet? and how much do u pay for them?

Thanks alot!! :)

can share the pic of your shoes cabinet? and how much do u pay for them?

Thanks alot!! :)

Hi saeryn

My shoe cabinet as below, price is less than $300.

IMG_03341.jpg

in addition, this is my wardrobe I bought for the study cum guest room.

IMG_03331.jpg