Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Phantom

Where To Buy Next?

Strange ! Having lived in the east before (Bedok North (near Bedok Cinema) , Jln Senang (shophouse after temple) and Marine Parade (next to library) in the 80s, and have since moved to the West, I dread going back to the East. The reason is simple. The above places have very much changed and is no longer the leisurely and quiet place I used to know.

The numerous condos overlooking the MRT tracks and the worn-out HDB flats selling at ridiculous prices are a big turn-off for a start. I wasn't much a Jurong fan myself when I had to move to the present day old Jurong West and then new Jurong West. But having lived and work in the surrounding area plus getting to know the neighbourhood folks here, I am glad to meet real and down to earth people plus hardworking foreigners. I never fail to give my block's sweepers an ang pow each year.

When I bring my teenage kids to Marine Parade Food Centre occasionally, they tell me that Marine Parade youngsters are a showoff. Girls trying to show off their tanned shoulders and boobs and wearing skimpy butt hugging shorts. I tell them that people here think that this is "91210 the TV series". I am not complaining. I just eat my food and ogle at the free show.

Buying a home is personal and it differs from each person. Good for you to find an area to live where you like the surroundings.

From a price perspective, it's naturally that over time, assets might increase in value. There's no end to reminisce about the days when 5 room flats cost less than 250k or even lessor. Markets move in cycles and generally property assets are a decent inflation hedge.

Marine Parade might have a more colourful crowd due to a mixture of private and hdb owners in the vicinity, plus the influx of younger generation who like the proximity of east coast, on the other hand, generally the younger generation today are different from the days when we were young and when our parents were young.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Strange ! Having lived in the east before (Bedok North (near Bedok Cinema) , Jln Senang (shophouse after temple) and Marine Parade (next to library) in the 80s, and have since moved to the West, I dread going back to the East. The reason is simple. The above places have very much changed and is no longer the leisurely and quiet place I used to know.

The numerous condos overlooking the MRT tracks and the worn-out HDB flats selling at ridiculous prices are a big turn-off for a start. I wasn't much a Jurong fan myself when I had to move to the present day old Jurong West and then new Jurong West. But having lived and work in the surrounding area plus getting to know the neighbourhood folks here, I am glad to meet real and down to earth people plus hardworking foreigners. I never fail to give my block's sweepers an ang pow each year.

When I bring my teenage kids to Marine Parade Food Centre occasionally, they tell me that Marine Parade youngsters are a showoff. Girls trying to show off their tanned shoulders and boobs and wearing skimpy butt hugging shorts. I tell them that people here think that this is "91210 the TV series". I am not complaining. I just eat my food and ogle at the free show.

you make it sound like singapore so **** big and there is a HUGE difference living in the west vs the east. its all the same la.