3RM 1976 (34 years old) 65sqm-76sqm

2) Jalan Bukit Ho Swee / Jalan Kukoh

Near MRT

Near Shopping

Near Food

Good Rental Yield

3RM Bukit Ho Swee : 1970/1971 56sqm - 62sqm

3RM Jalan Kukoh : 1971/1982 76sqm

Dropped out Cantonment Plaza because decided that the area has no place to walk the dog. :P

Bukit Ho Swee and Jln Kukoh not many sellers..

Family of 4.

Parents x 2, Husband and Wife. No kids, Nothing planned up yet.. thinking of saving money and hence it makes more sense to buy Jalan Bukit Ho Swee/Jalan Kukoh which is on the average cheaper than marine parade. given the prices in marine drive 3room.. am inclined to get a 4room as the difference is about 40k to 50k difference..

Of course the issue of kids is always a question mark.. aren't sure when we wanna have kids.. on size.. a 4room would be ideal.. find the five rooms too big.. and hassle to clean..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Marine Parade for sure. period

we're inclined towards MP after a discussion just now. :P

Personally I like the area. Time to look at ads and get some viewings..

might be looking at a 3room valued at 385k one floor below the top..

if the 4rooms are priced around the 30k to 50k difference.. i guess it makes more sense to buy the 4rooms..

MP lar...once an eastlander always an eastlander hahaa....im staying in geylang...love it here.

if i ever wanna rent this place...one RROM can fetch a whopping 1.3k per mth!

MP lar...once an eastlander always an eastlander hahaa....im staying in geylang...love it here.

if i ever wanna rent this place...one RROM can fetch a whopping 1.3k per mth!

wow! lol.. We will begin looking around for 3room/4rooms in Marine Parade.. More or less settled, I guess the idea of bring the dog for walks around the area and east coast + the proximity to shopping and food is a big draw for us.

Just hope buy already don't kenna SERS. :horse:

wow! lol.. We will begin looking around for 3room/4rooms in Marine Parade.. More or less settled, I guess the idea of bring the dog for walks around the area and east coast + the proximity to shopping and food is a big draw for us.

Just hope buy already don't kenna SERS. :horse:

MP 3 and 4 roomers usu 1 toilet only...fyi.

but the completed utility room are sure useful.

if u hv kids in e future, MP has 2 good primary schools.

MP 3 and 4 roomers usu 1 toilet only...fyi.

but the completed utility room are sure useful.

if u hv kids in e future, MP has 2 good primary schools.

Yeah it's the old "i" model. I believe there are those with 1 toilet 1 shower also.. I stayed in East Coast area and studied in the area long time ago.. so I'm quite familiar.

It just dawn on me that the 4room prices seem decently priced if the COV isn't too high..

Lotsa 4 rooms are selling at comparative prices.. except for the fringes, those are still cheaper like woodlands / yishun / jurong west.

The utility room not big not small.. use for what?? store room? lol.. mahjong room?

Edited by Phantom

Yeah it's the old "i" model. I believe there are those with 1 toilet 1 shower also.. I stayed in East Coast area and studied in the area long time ago.. so I'm quite familiar.

It just dawn on me that the 4room prices seem decently priced if the COV isn't too high..

Lotsa 4 rooms are selling at comparative prices.. except for the fringes, those are still cheaper like woodlands / yishun / jurong west.

The utility room not big not small.. use for what?? store room? lol.. mahjong room?

its big enuff for maid room. else storeroom. :D

this statement is so so true....

act this i also agree...i stay at tampines since 1986 and i really find it hard to move to the west regardless how small sg is haha

but i do hope to move more "inward" later on..MP would be ideal... :)

act this i also agree...i stay at tampines since 1986 and i really find it hard to move to the west regardless how small sg is haha

but i do hope to move more "inward" later on..MP would be ideal... :)

Strange ! Having lived in the east before (Bedok North (near Bedok Cinema) , Jln Senang (shophouse after temple) and Marine Parade (next to library) in the 80s, and have since moved to the West, I dread going back to the East. The reason is simple. The above places have very much changed and is no longer the leisurely and quiet place I used to know.

The numerous condos overlooking the MRT tracks and the worn-out HDB flats selling at ridiculous prices are a big turn-off for a start. I wasn't much a Jurong fan myself when I had to move to the present day old Jurong West and then new Jurong West. But having lived and work in the surrounding area plus getting to know the neighbourhood folks here, I am glad to meet real and down to earth people plus hardworking foreigners. I never fail to give my block's sweepers an ang pow each year.

When I bring my teenage kids to Marine Parade Food Centre occasionally, they tell me that Marine Parade youngsters are a showoff. Girls trying to show off their tanned shoulders and boobs and wearing skimpy butt hugging shorts. I tell them that people here think that this is "91210 the TV series". I am not complaining. I just eat my food and ogle at the free show.

Edited by asoon88

Strange ! Having lived in the east before (Bedok North (near Bedok Cinema) , Jln Senang (shophouse after temple) and Marine Parade (next to library) in the 80s, and have since moved to the West, I dread going back to the East. The reason is simple. The above places have very much changed and is no longer the leisurely and quiet place I used to know.

The numerous condos overlooking the MRT tracks and the worn-out HDB flats selling at ridiculous prices are a big turn-off for a start. I wasn't much a Jurong fan myself when I had to move to the present day old Jurong West and then new Jurong West. But having lived and work in the surrounding area plus getting to know the neighbourhood folks here, I am glad to meet real and down to earth people plus hardworking foreigners. I never fail to give my block's sweepers an ang pow each year.

When I bring my teenage kids to Marine Parade Food Centre occasionally, they tell me that Marine Parade youngsters are a showoff. Girls trying to show off their tanned shoulders and boobs and wearing skimpy butt hugging shorts. I tell them that people here think that this is "91210 the TV series". I am not complaining. I just eat my food and ogle at the free show.

haha act my childhood home is in bt timah until i was 10yrs old...i stil go there every week as my sis stays there...but MP wld stil b the place for me as it is near to the sea and im a sucker for seaview haha...

this statement is so so true....

Yeah.. I've stayed at Bedok/Geylang/Tiong Bahru/Marine Parade/East Coast/Simei/Tiong Bahru/Novena..

Like nomad.. lol.. personally i still prefer the east side around marine parade. probably coz I studied in the neighbourhood many many years ago..

I won't mind staying around Tiong Bahru but that's the furthest west I'd probably ever go. lol..

Ang Mo Kio Yio Chu Kang I've also studied there and even worked at Jurong.. so i guess more or less travelled around a good part of singapore already.. lol...