Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
azman79

Dual Ethnic Seller

Hi guys/gals,

Any of you got encounter experience on this matter.

I had signed an OTP for a 5rm unit in Bedok Reservoir last Sunday.

The ethnic quota is Malay not eligible. The 1st owner is Indian and 2nd owner is Malay and when they 1st registered for the house is Indian. According to their agent, the rule has changed and we, as a Malay is able to buy the unit.

When I call the HDB hotline, the lady said is the unit is registered as Indian when 1st registered, we cannot buy the unit. But when my agent went over to HDB at Toa Payoh, 2 ladies there said the rule has been relaxed changed and we are able to buy base on either race of sellers. So he proceeded to send in our application and received our 1st appt date.

I got 2 different opinions and afraid that our application will be rejected. How am I able to confirmed that this rule has changed? Do you know of any change in this rule?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi guys/gals,

The ethnic quota is Malay not eligible. The 1st owner is Indian and 2nd owner is Malay and when they 1st registered for the house is Indian. According to their agent, the rule has changed and we, as a Malay is able to buy the unit.

When I call the HDB hotline, the lady said is the unit is registered as Indian when 1st registered, we cannot buy the unit. But when my agent went over to HDB at Toa Payoh, 2 ladies there said the rule has been relaxed changed and we are able to buy base on either race of sellers. So he proceeded to send in our application and received our 1st appt date.

I got 2 different opinions and afraid that our application will be rejected. How am I able to confirmed that this rule has changed? Do you know of any change in this rule?

if diff pple give diff opinions. call the hotline multiple times and ask the same question. until somebody tells u YES. u get the person's name as reference.

but from my knowledge. registered as indian means its sold as indian owner. thus malay cannot buy if malay quota filled

Edited by wolflet

Ask your Agent to check the ethnic ratio for that block, if Malay quota not met yet you can buy..note that the ratio changes every month...

Alternatively, i can also check for you if you want...

Hi guys/gals,

i think u can buy based on my experience.

i(other) and my wife(chinese) tried to sell our previous flat to indian when indian/others was not eligible for that month.

the house was registered under chinese. i wrote to HDB and they replied that i can sell it to indian using my ethnic. :D

but, at the end, we didn't sell to indian.

gov wants to promote racial integration and harmony in the Block. we are even integrating in the house.

actually, they should give us some rewards.... heee. :P

gov wants to promote racial integration and harmony in the Block. we are even integrating in the house.

haha....maybe they should! lol

i think u can buy based on my experience.

i(other) and my wife(chinese) tried to sell our previous flat to indian when indian/others was not eligible for that month.

the house was registered under chinese. i wrote to HDB and they replied that i can sell it to indian using my ethnic. :D

but, at the end, we didn't sell to indian.

Thanks for the reply.

You mean that if the house has got mix race, they can sell off base on either of the race?

Hopefully my purchase can go through.

When did you sold your flat?

Thanks for the reply.

You mean that if the house has got mix race, they can sell off base on either of the race?

Hopefully my purchase can go through.

When did you sold your flat?

yup. mix race is the best. u can buy/sell using either one.

i sold mine in Aug last year.

ask ur seller to write to hdb from his My HDB Page. there is correspondence section. so that, u have hard evidence.

hdb replies pretty fast.

good luck..

Edited by mk2000

anyone knows if for dual ethnicity, it is possible to switch halfway during occupancy? meaning if husband is Indian can change to wife's Chinese when the block's quota for Chinese is available?

Edited by titanax