Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Angteko

Our Very First B&c Home

Ok, finally my turn to do review on CLC. keke :D

I will follow the old CLCers way of review + my own additional comments.

Will post before and after pic when my furniture all finalized. :D

Selection

on colours : 98% - Very good, totally like the proposed of black theme, although tiles last min not enough stock, if not my house will be even darker. keke

Ideas : 90% - Not bad, at least tv console and feature are different from other people. The standard design are always 1 big block of wood behind (with glass, wallpaper or plain), with TV hanging up there, and 1 straight TV console are bottom. Full mirror panel also design it to aline with storeroom feature wall design.

Price : 80% - Not cheapest and not most exp. Items like shower screen are higher than other ID, and supplier cannot be lowered. But overall alot of freebies given, so price wise actually very ok!! :good:

ID Looks : Ah beng designer look. haha :D

ID dressing : Everytime in uniform when meeting to do quotation. Only in vest and berm on site, that looks more like a ID.

Workmanship

for tiles : 80% - Satisfied with wall tiles and toilet floor tiles. The other area tiles, some are not flushed, as tiler explained that the tiles are abit curved, coz the corners are all flush nicely. Accepted that, as its not a big issue.

Workmanship

for plaster : Nil (Never do)

Service : 90% - Meeting for quotation is always at our desinated area, and gave us a lift after that. But was late twice. keke

Very responsive to my call and sms. Never failed to get back.

On Time : 100% - Handed over 3 wks in advanced, excluding final touch up.

Attendance : 80% - Only when on site when it is of the next phase of work. Very good project management, as he does the stuff concurrently, without compromising another work.

Site : 80% - Consider clean after 2 washes (1 acid wash), but still need alot of cleaning as alot of glass and mirror work. :bangwall:

Workmanship

on Cabinet : 90% - Not bad, didnt had much complaint on the workmanship, except the soft closing drawer thread a abit stiff even after oiling.

Showroom : No showroom bah, their resting space has my tv console sample. keke

Designer Repo: Heard that they appear in mag and win some award, hope my house can get into mag. keke

Electrician: 50% - Very exp, so didnt engaged theirs.

Painting work: 40% - Very sloppy work. The uncle painter looks very lazy. My MBR paint was touch up 2 times, and still got minor patch need to touch up!!

Paint over the skirting are not scrapped off only until I ask to. Painter skill very lousy, paint dripped on my A/C and I need to clean it. :curse:

Overall rating : 90% - Good design, only some small details of space planning being left out. No major issue. Overally, reno was hassle free.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
orh...Like that nor! Scared me leh, tot y my ID never suggest to me when it's possible!

Okok... Keep it low then! LOL....

It is suppose to be how hdb having shared electrical points and if 1 have problem may affect a few other units. So if the hdb would want to determine the fault they will trace the wiring. If u conceal it makes their life harder. They may make u pull the wiring out and u have to patch back yourself earlier. If in casing, it is ezier to get to and repair. For condo the way they do the electrical points they are separated for each units. Therefore if there is any issue will only affect 1 unit. Something like tat...

So it ends up this no concealing rule loh.

Tested my speakers today, no regrets!! very good with my living area. Power!!

Mine is only entry level and so good already, wcseow and El's pro speaker really crazy!! :dribble:

Haha...these pics i was looking forward to. :dribble:

Eh, one u ceiling mount on the L-Box, the other on the wall? How come ur rear speakers cant view??

u self install izit? i wanna see how far u put them back.

my little concern with wall/ceiling mount speakers are aesthetics.

Worried dun go with the reno. But urs looks fine. Main thing must have power! :bow::jammin:

ur centre speaker seems to be above ear level above the TV right? Dialogue comes out sharp and clear?

Mine also abt entry level only nia...GG more power wor if he gets the system he desires. :good:

Hmm..let me try

Sofa 3 seater + L (3M) = RM 2699 + 7% GST

Mag rack = RM399 + 7% GST

Delivery = RM200

Dining Table + 4 Chairs = RM1388 + 7% GST

Study chair = RM200 + 7% GST

Carpet = RM400 + 7% GST

Coffee Table = RM800 + 7% GST

Delivery = RM300

Total = RM6798 = less than SGD 2900

Hmm..I think thats all??

Really cheap leh. Ok i shall go see see look look. My sis also wants to get furnitures. She went to see at Johor Jaya, i think italian stuff. Like quite ex still. Urs cheaper. Can consider. Thanks.

Eh, one u ceiling mount on the L-Box, the other on the wall? How come ur rear speakers cant view??

Worried dun go with the reno. But urs looks fine. Main thing must have power! :bow::jammin:

ur centre speaker seems to be above ear level above the TV right? Dialogue comes out sharp and clear?

Mine also abt entry level only nia...GG more power wor if he gets the system he desires. :good:

Whoa....you guys really like to 'pump' up the volume ya? Is there some kind of soundproofing in place or not?

It is suppose to be how hdb having shared electrical points and if 1 have problem may affect a few other units. So if the hdb would want to determine the fault they will trace the wiring. If u conceal it makes their life harder. They may make u pull the wiring out and u have to patch back yourself earlier. If in casing, it is ezier to get to and repair. For condo the way they do the electrical points they are separated for each units. Therefore if there is any issue will only affect 1 unit. Something like tat...

So it ends up this no concealing rule loh.

Is that really the true reason?? But hor, if any prob with certain point, just tap from another working point can le loh, y want to take out and check so troublesome. keke :sport-smiley-004:

I love your house! the wall paper in ur living room is gorgeous! suits your design very well!

Thank you thank you! How come u stop updating your nice house??

bro Ang, do you mind telling me how much you paid for the 5.1 speakers?? Sorry for the noob question, but will I need to get a separate DVD player with it? I got a sound bar but am thinking of putting it in the MBR instead... what do you think?

Eh..dont know how come not showing up, anyway I repost already.

I mount on the ceiling and just nice tilt 45 deg down under Lbox with 1 extension. Initially use 2 extension and it was too long down and looks ugly. Now is perfect!! :good:

Yah, initially plan to do under TV, but TV got to be at eye level, so only can put on top. And supposedly to tilt more down wards to ear level, but due to the monster cable wiring thickness, so can only title abit, but was super clear and sharp!! And I tested only on FM hor, havent try digital signal.

Yours sound like so pro also leh. :D

Really cheap leh. Ok i shall go see see look look. My sis also wants to get furnitures. She went to see at Johor Jaya, i think italian stuff. Like quite ex still. Urs cheaper. Can consider. Thanks.

Orh, there are alot of big furn shop at johor jaya, I think lorenzo also there.

It really depends on your budget and the quality u want to get.

As long as with the same quality or better than SG and are cheaper, it is always worth getting there. If it is not, then forget abt it.

Today just received call from Rustica for my mistake sofa, they need to redo and take at least another 2 wks.

Meanwhile let me dirty the current one 1st b4 exchange. wahaha :lol:

Edited by Angteko

Whoa....you guys really like to 'pump' up the volume ya? Is there some kind of soundproofing in place or not?

Eh..I didnt pump up, I on normal volume already fierce, maybe becoz my place more closed up esp with curtain on.

bro Ang, do you mind telling me how much you paid for the 5.1 speakers?? Sorry for the noob question, but will I need to get a separate DVD player with it? I got a sound bar but am thinking of putting it in the MBR instead... what do you think?

I bought from courts at $799 with 25M monster cable and hdmi cable.

I think I saw somewhere selling $749.

Yes, u need to get separate DVD player.

Reason for 5.1 better than soundbar.

1) Usually the most easily spoilt parts will be the disc reading lens. So when your sound bar with attached player spoilt, u need to either repair or change the whole unit. For a separate unit, u can just replace the dvd player. Somemore a DVD player are cheap now also.

2) Sound quality is better than soundbar. Soundbar more for enclose room.

3) If u got false ceiling like mine, get the wire done up concealing inside during reno. If u need to change/upgrade your speakers in future, the wire are reusable, just need to change the speaker

4) Price cheaper than soundbar.

5) Soundbar player might not be able to read all sort of disc/format, like pirated one?? keke

So I would think it is a good choice to move your soundbar to MBR. Since u ever thought of this, I guess your soundbar didnt fare well in your living?

I bought from courts at $799 with 25M monster cable and hdmi cable.

I think I saw somewhere selling $749.

Yes, u need to get separate DVD player.

Reason for 5.1 better than soundbar.

1) Usually the most easily spoilt parts will be the disc reading lens. So when your sound bar with attached player spoilt, u need to either repair or change the whole unit. For a separate unit, u can just replace the dvd player. Somemore a DVD player are cheap now also.

2) Sound quality is better than soundbar. Soundbar more for enclose room.

3) If u got false ceiling like mine, get the wire done up concealing inside during reno. If u need to change/upgrade your speakers in future, the wire are reusable, just need to change the speaker

4) Price cheaper than soundbar.

5) Soundbar player might not be able to read all sort of disc/format, like pirated one?? keke

So I would think it is a good choice to move your soundbar to MBR. Since u ever thought of this, I guess your soundbar didnt fare well in your living?

Thanks for the full explanation... haven't installed the soundbar yet, but see all your 5.1 make me gian ;) wonder if my ID will kill me!!! handover will be on Friday leh!

Thanks for the full explanation... haven't installed the soundbar yet, but see all your 5.1 make me gian ;) wonder if my ID will kill me!!! handover will be on Friday leh!

Orh...haha

Wont lah, he will charge u extra only mah. keke

I see that u got light cove on both side, if u want to conceal wire, abit difficult liao.

And think your sofa will be against the wall?? Then u cant do 5.1 already, coz your rear speakers will be directly above your head? No effect then.

May need to seek the expertise to help.

El/wcseow, whats your view?

Edited by Angteko

Orh...haha

Wont lah, he will charge u extra only mah. keke

I see that u got light cove on both side, if u want to conceal wire, abit difficult liao.

And think your sofa will be against the wall?? Then u cant do 5.1 already, coz your rear speakers will be directly above your head? No effect then.

May need to seek the expertise to help.

El/wcseow, whats your view?

haiz...i guess i'll stick to the soundbar then.... sigh......... what would be the ideal location of the speakers? maybe after 2 years since I tend to move after 2 years anyway :)

another headache is the MBR sound system, haven't figured it out yet... at first thought since we will mostly be watching football there don't need proper system, but just realized if I wanna watch dvd's/listen to music, no system!!