Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Angteko

Our Very First B&c Home

Hi

Have u determine whether that is SCV point or TV (antenna) point?

I just check with my friend who is staying in CCK, his flat has 2 points, TV and SCV point.

If it is a SCV point, a bad termination can affect SCV channel quality. When u subscribe, Starhub will come dowm and measure ur signal quality. If that is main entry SCV point, then ur internet may be affected too.

Lol..if it is a TV point, where is ur SCV point?....:)

could u ask CLC to do the re-wallpaper and if chargeable, ask u electrician to pay

It is a SCV point, no TV point for my house though, maybe mine was slightly newer than your friends??

I'm taking up Singtel, so I'm using tel point instead of SCV point, so even if I used mio, it wouldn't affect even if I didnt fixed the point.

I dont think he wants to ask CLC to do it, coz it's definitely going to cost him more. He got fren doing wallpaper, and tonight wants to come down to see the design if he has it. And I also dont want becoz of wallpaper then delay my move in. :bangwall:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My current flat also had very bad reception for SCV when we first shift in. We have gotten the Starhub engineer to check and as it was due to their cable issue, it was free and the engineer did do something to improve the signal quality. But if it is due to the electrician cabling then you have to pay for the trip.

You did not take the electrician under CLC?

Orh, u mean u ask them to test it even b4 u start reno??

I also scare after he redo so many things, then it is not his cabling work issue (although it is found true that it is his cabling issue at the connection point), but is scv cable issue?

I didnt take CLC electrician, coz their electrician quote too exp, so I outsource this electrician recommended in RT.

So far his work not bad, other than this scv point issue.

It is a SCV point, no TV point for my house though, maybe mine was slightly newer than your friends??

I'm taking up Singtel, so I'm using tel point instead of SCV point, so even if I used mio, it wouldn't affect even if I didnt fixed the point.

I dont think he wants to ask CLC to do it, coz it's definitely going to cost him more. He got fren doing wallpaper, and tonight wants to come down to see the design if he has it. And I also dont want becoz of wallpaper then delay my move in. :bangwall:

lol...should have cause every HDB flat got antenna points one.........probably they did not wired it up during reno.

IMHO,,,should fixed it...cause u will not know when u will need to use the SCV point....and I think the choice should be urs not him since his ppl did not do a good job and did not test it properly. Especially this is ur living room, the MAIN TV watching area....:)

Orh, u mean u ask them to test it even b4 u start reno??

I also scare after he redo so many things, then it is not his cabling work issue (although it is found true that it is his cabling issue at the connection point), but is scv cable issue?

I didnt take CLC electrician, coz their electrician quote too exp, so I outsource this electrician recommended in RT.

So far his work not bad, other than this scv point issue.

No, my current place i am staying now initially had very bad signal and some channels we had subscribed could not be seen at all. The engineer had to do some tweaking of signal or something before we can have clear reception. Anyway my internet and homeline are all from SCV as mio tv shows pretty boring.

lol...should have cause every HDB flat got antenna points one.........probably they did not wired it up during reno.

IMHO,,,should fixed it...cause u will not know when u will need to use the SCV point....and I think the choice should be urs not him since his ppl did not do a good job and did not test it properly. Especially this is ur living room, the MAIN TV watching area....:)

Yah loh, i think u are right, should let him fix it. He also angry with his workers, becoz it is living area and all my wallpaper upz already.

Hopefully his contact got my wallpaper bah. :unsure:

No, my current place i am staying now initially had very bad signal and some channels we had subscribed could not be seen at all. The engineer had to do some tweaking of signal or something before we can have clear reception. Anyway my internet and homeline are all from SCV as mio tv shows pretty boring.

Orh...haha...yah loh..mio prog are boring, my sis went to subscribe, and for 3 mths already, i think i only on less than 3 times. wahaha

I only gian on the HD output mah..keke

But seems like SCV are giving good reception also, at least didnt see any glitches no my 42" TV for channel U.

Orh...haha...yah loh..mio prog are boring, my sis went to subscribe, and for 3 mths already, i think i only on less than 3 times. wahaha

I only gian on the HD output mah..keke

But seems like SCV are giving good reception also, at least didnt see any glitches no my 42" TV for channel U.

u can get HD too on SCV, just get the HD digital setup box and u will be able to received Mediacorp HD shows

u can get HD too on SCV, just get the HD digital setup box and u will be able to received Mediacorp HD shows

Yah, I was only thinking on the line if scv point is not fixed, then I only can stick to mio. keke

But if it is fixed, then I dont think i will subscribe to any at the moment, hardly watch them. :D

Yah, I was only thinking on the line if scv point is not fixed, then I only can stick to mio. keke

But if it is fixed, then I dont think i will subscribe to any at the moment, hardly watch them. :D

how about internet?...if u get Starhub, u still have to tap it from a SCV point...:)

how about internet?...if u get Starhub, u still have to tap it from a SCV point...:)

I already got MIO plan liao, 8Mbps + digital tel line + mobile line = $ 63/mth

Mobile line can upgrade every 12mths without $100 extra.

And got it installed already, this is the most important so I can work from home anytime. keke

And got it installed already, this is the most important so I can work from home anytime. keke

eat snake at home ah :D

Haiz, got some issue when my electrician come to look at my SCV point yest. :bangwall:

He checked, and found that his worker didnt do a good job. The outer layer of wire wasnt cut off properly that causes it to touch the center piece which grounded it, hence all the bad reception.

He redo the point, and manage to get clear channel U and OKto, but for channel 5 & 8, it is still 80% clear only.

He say channel 5 & 8 is the main channel to check for clarity.

He suspect his worker made the same mistake at the original connecting point. :curse:

He suggest to remove part of my wallpaper where the original point is, and he will get his wallpaper contact to do up nicely for me.

Ask me how much is my wallpaper, I say i dont know and I only knew that it is specially indented as not many pple are using it so stock are limited.

Now, the issue is, I scare his wallpaper contact didnt do a good job and will spoilt the whole thing.

Should I,

1) Let him handle and redo the whole thing with the risk of messing it up, and not sure if it is really that original point issue?

2) I think the wallpaper is going to be exp esp when stock are limited. Plus workmanship and his own work. Should I ask him to compensate me that $$ instead of redoing the whole thing? At least I can use that $$ to subscribe to mio box, then I have clear channel already. That $$ probably can save me at least 2 yrs of subscription. If I really need to go back to use scv point, it is only channel 5 & 8 are not that clear.

:unsure:

I think you should ask your electrician to do the wiring properly and ask CLC to help you on the wallpaper. Ask the electrician meet up with your CLC ID, let them discuss how they are going to do the job (while u standing there and listem to their quarrel....hehehehe) and lastly, the cost to pay CLC of course is from your electrician or maybe CLC "might" just wave it. In my personal opinion, I will not let the electrician friend to do the wallpaper as different people might got different technic or skill to do the patching. It might end up super ugly. The best is go back CLC and ask them how to do on it and what is their opinion on this.

Forgot to mention, I believe CLC did give you some sort like warranty period etc. I think no matter how, you need to let CLC know and they might able to tell you some easy way to overcome this.

Good luck mate!

Brother. Sorry to hear about your plight on the electrical work, I would be fuming if I were in your shoe. Yes, I think it is safer to have gone for mio instead. How about the wiring now that is done badly? Or is the bad wiring confined to just bad connection to starhub but leaving everything else okay?