Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Angteko

Our Very First B&c Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Downlight from JB as well.

p1040491c.jpg

Kitchen ceiling light from JB. All are cheap by at least 50% compared to SG and comes with GE light bulb! :sport-smiley-004:

p1040492a.jpg

Edited by Angteko

oh, courts got no brochure on the model to give u?

yup yup...with ambilight and 100hz as you say, for $1199 would be good deal.

hmm...i shd check out courts again then...wonder if they have 47 inch for this model?

haha...i always set a budget on how much im willing to spend on a particular item.

so if go for the 9704, my budget burst by twice lor... anyway, i can wait latest till end of May

for stocks to come in and price to slash further *fingers crossed*...hopefully just in time for World Cup also..haha.. :sport-smiley-004:

Btw, I called those recommended electronic shops for quote on my required electronic stuff, like everjoint, goh ah bee...etc total 5 of them. They price are not actually cheaper compared to those big retail shop. Quite disappointed. And most of them dont carry philips TV, wonder why. :dunno:

The only thing cheap is washing machine, was quoted 900+, close to 1k, but retail are selling around 1.1k.

Nope, they didnt have any brochure. Very limited info. The overall look is very similar to 7409, but not sure if $1199 is for display set. keke :P

Talking abt world cup, i think channel 5 again will broadcast beginning and end?

Have u decided if u going to take up starhub or singtel? I was wondering which one more worth it then bundle with home telephone line and internet, then after 3 mths cancel the scv/mio. haha :sport-smiley-004:

aiyah...i dun wanna watch start and end only leh...its either all or nothing, else very anti climax.. :P

im already on starhub...have been since 6-7 years ago...cancel after 3mths?? sure got penalty right?

not worth incurring leh...think since you are a soccer fan also, might as well get singtel since for next 3 years they have broadcast rights to BPL and other major leagues. :)

anyways, MDA announced that real soon both cable tv providers will have to cross carry each other's content so doesnt matter which set top box u have...only scv subscribers like me lose out until this actually happens coz no live matches on the weekends! oh well, have to make do with delayed telecast or worse find a new hobby. hahaha :sport-smiley-003:

Btw, I called those recommended electronic shops for quote on my required electronic stuff, like everjoint, goh ah bee...etc total 5 of them. They price are not actually cheaper compared to those big retail shop. Quite disappointed. And most of them dont carry philips TV, wonder why.

The only thing cheap is washing machine, was quoted 900+, close to 1k, but retail are selling around 1.1k.

hmm i think those major retail stores wised up liao...electronics are fast moving and always needed so its better for them to think that making money now is better than losing out and hardly make at all. yah, i also checked. no philips tv with these neighbourhood electronics shops! :bangwall:

aiyah...i dun wanna watch start and end only leh...its either all or nothing, else very anti climax.. :P

im already on starhub...have been since 6-7 years ago...cancel after 3mths?? sure got penalty right?

not worth incurring leh...think since you are a soccer fan also, might as well get singtel since for next 3 years they have broadcast rights to BPL and other major leagues. :)

anyways, MDA announced that real soon both cable tv providers will have to cross carry each other's content so doesnt matter which set top box u have...only scv subscribers like me lose out until this actually happens coz no live matches on the weekends! oh well, have to make do with delayed telecast or worse find a new hobby. hahaha :sport-smiley-003:

hmm i think those major retail stores wised up liao...electronics are fast moving and always needed so its better for them to think that making money now is better than losing out and hardly make at all. yah, i also checked. no philips tv with these neighbourhood electronics shops! :bangwall:

The reason why i say after 3mths is becoz, i always see that they give mio tv free for 3 mths when sign up internet. So i guess only need to add the world cup or sports channel. Had not ask abt the details, so not sure the duration of contract for sports channel. Dont really watch other channel of scv or mio, so once/twice a wk to catch soccer and pay for the service abit not worth it. Either that or during world cup selective good match, go out and watch with friends together with drinks and peanut also good! :dancingqueen:

I read abt the cross carry thingy too, so thought doesnt matter which to take, it is going to be effective soon isn't it? The matter most now is stability of internet and monthly subscription fee. I'm using singtel now, and internet some time will get cut off and reconnect. So wonder how Starhub is. And starhub home telephone line is cheaper than singtel. :deal:

I read abt the cross carry thingy too, so thought doesnt matter which to take, it is going to be effective soon isn't it? The matter most now is stability of internet and monthly subscription fee. I'm using singtel now, and internet some time will get cut off and reconnect. So wonder how Starhub is. And starhub home telephone line is cheaper than singtel. :deal:

from the above...i think u can make ur decision by now bro... :)

seems like mio also got some occasional issues based on what my friends feedbacked..

and my singtel mobile line also went cranky lately wrt to reception strength!!! :furious:

wah angteko, your reno progressing really super duper fast! you must be very pleased..

the black kitchen tiles is kinda unique..first black kitchen i've seen so far..would it be very dark? or are you installing many lights? haha..

seems like mio also got some occasional issues based on what my friends feedbacked..

and my singtel mobile line also went cranky lately wrt to reception strength!!! :furious:

I have starhub and previously mio when they offer free usage for 3 months. believe me, I LOVE my starhub more after that 3 months. :notti:

hmm..becoz I have not used starhub before, and from what I knew, starhub internet is actually shared bandwidth. That means if your living area has alot of pple accessing internet at the same time, your connection will be slow. El nino, have u had any bad experience with starhub internet?

Whereas, singnet, ADSl, is supposed to be dedicated bandwidth. But the recent issue in the newspaper abt mio being affected, it seems like they are shared bandwidth instead of dedicated, thats y i abit hold back using singnet, yet also abit worried abt starhub performance. :dunno:

wah angteko, your reno progressing really super duper fast! you must be very pleased..

the black kitchen tiles is kinda unique..first black kitchen i've seen so far..would it be very dark? or are you installing many lights? haha..

Yes, really very pleased with their work rate so far. Am also very pleased with the tiling workmanship. So far so good.

Hopefully this wk will have some carpentery up, and aircon up as well. Then can start painting le. :yamseng:

I dont even dare to show the pic of black kitchen to my mum, she sure nag nag nag...haha

Hmm..i cant comment abt the darkness wor, but Id told me it will not, as my cabinet will be white, and the black is glossy, so it will actually reflect lights.

I only have a ceiling light and 2 T5 under cabinet, not many lightings. Praying hard :bow: it will be ok. keke

I have starhub and previously mio when they offer free usage for 3 months. believe me, I LOVE my starhub more after that 3 months. :notti:

Samgalz, u mind sharing more abt starhub and what u love abt it??

I had starhub scv few yrs back, but only my sis love it, as they watch alot of taiwan variety show and i only watch sports. haha

Yes, really very pleased with their work rate so far. Am also very pleased with the tiling workmanship. So far so good.

Hopefully this wk will have some carpentery up, and aircon up as well. Then can start painting le. :yamseng:

I dont even dare to show the pic of black kitchen to my mum, she sure nag nag nag...haha

Hmm..i cant comment abt the darkness wor, but Id told me it will not, as my cabinet will be white, and the black is glossy, so it will actually reflect lights.

I only have a ceiling light and 2 T5 under cabinet, not many lightings. Praying hard :bow: it will be ok. keke

Friends wearing skirts have to be wary going to your place. Glossy black tiles.... hehe.

Hi

1. Do not get too hype up over Starhub shared and Singtel dedicated bandwidth as there are different parameters to start with. I used Starhub simply because I was on Starhub since day1 and there are many ppl I knew are happy with Singtel. Starhub served me well all these years...:). I think what is more important is content. And yes, I am affected by the BPL/Champions League....mmm.....I may go for second setup box....

2. Lol..I always go for neighbourhood shops....at least the one I went down always give me cheaper. Sometime $50 sometimes $200 cheaper. Had been doing it for the past 10 years and that guy always sell me cheaper than those stores. It become a normal affair now...go to Courts/HN/Best..see models..like like...go to the shop....and buy.....

Friends wearing skirts have to be wary going to your place. Glossy black tiles.... hehe.

Mickey, thats the whole idea of having the tiles mah, just like those in millenia walk. haha :sport-smiley-004:

Just joking, the glossy tiles only for wall, not floor. Unless they want to do airwalk on my wall. keke :D

Edited by Angteko

Hi

1. Do not get too hype up over Starhub shared and Singtel dedicated bandwidth as there are different parameters to start with. I used Starhub simply because I was on Starhub since day1 and there are many ppl I knew are happy with Singtel. Starhub served me well all these years...:). I think what is more important is content. And yes, I am affected by the BPL/Champions League....mmm.....I may go for second setup box....

2. Lol..I always go for neighbourhood shops....at least the one I went down always give me cheaper. Sometime $50 sometimes $200 cheaper. Had been doing it for the past 10 years and that guy always sell me cheaper than those stores. It become a normal affair now...go to Courts/HN/Best..see models..like like...go to the shop....and buy.....

Look like we got more starhub supporter than singtel here. 3-0. Basically, I think scv channels are so much better than mio. Except that no more BPL. Seldom watch champion league as it was always in wee hrs on wed/thurs. Haiz. So difficult.

Do u mind sharing your contact of the shop? Do they do quote over the phone?

Edited by Angteko