Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi hi and welcome to Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis. Wow! I posted that comment in 2005! Old liao.

I read till blur liao.so many comments.but very good,can learn alot of things from one another. Now looking around for ID. Mine low floor, how about you? !!

i'm looking ard for contractor and i would like to see some of owners staying at blk 79 toa payoh, to see what kind of work had been done.

anyone dun mind 'open house' for me to see?

PM me..... thanks.... i'm staying at blk 153 toa payoh now......

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Not trying to spoilt market,

but just to let you know that PE charges as low as $XXX-$450.

and it is the same paper that you will get even if you pay more.

of course, if your ID PE charge you $500, can just take it,

just take the price difference as the research and legwork you need not do.

My ID was quite upfront - either I find one on my own (which he said may be cheaper) or I get it through the him (approx $500). I decided to leave it to him. And yes, approval's very fast.

I read till blur liao.so many comments.but very good,can learn alot of things from one another. Now looking around for ID. Mine low floor, how about you? :)

Geez...must find time to go back one day to see what I wrote. I am staying at hmm...mid-floor?

Redwyrm, has she finished reading? :rofl:

Redwyrm, has she finished reading? :rofl:

Hi Mapleleaf,

She has not finished reading yet, now on holiday break..haha.. :wub:

btw 1 of her fren also staying at blk E just got the keys yesterday.. :)

Edited by Redwyrm

Hi ms_white,

How the reno for your new home coming thru? Did not see any update from your blog, so I suppose should be finishing soon right? your ID seems very professional.. :) maybe would like you to intro your ID to me.. :P

:D

p/s to all the 79 kakis, wishes everyone a Merrily Christmas!:good::D:)

MERRY X'MAS to Redwyrm and all! :sport-smiley-004:

my reno is running at a snail's pace... only 65-70% done. shay_d's gonna call our ID later to haunt him on EHD (expected handover date). supposed to be b4 x'mas...impossible! although we're in no hurry, sian ah...everyday hoping for something to happen...everyday gotta sniff around for clues of progress...

so far, our ID's not bad... but wld suggest u source ard 1st. :)

i'm looking ard for contractor and i would like to see some of owners staying at blk 79 toa payoh, to see what kind of work had been done.

anyone dun mind 'open house' for me to see?

PM me..... thanks.... i'm staying at blk 153 toa payoh now......

Hi, I just got my keys 2 weeks ago. i am still looking around for ID. Diff floor diff block diff lay out.

Geez...must find time to go back one day to see what I wrote. I am staying at hmm...mid-floor?

Redwyrm, has she finished reading? :P

Hi, Mapleleaf, I am still looking around for ID. Have your renovation completed?

Collected my keys. hee hee.

No hacking of toilet floor tiles and toilet wall tiles. They make you sign on this paper that states no hacking of toilet floor tiles and toilet wall tiles within 3 years. I confirmed and reconfirmed with the officer. The answer is no, no and NO.

Kitchen floor tiles and wall tiles can hack.

Hi Mapleleaf,

Congratz on taking ur keys....

In my previous post, i did mention this. But, apparently someone said they managed to do it with approval..

:lol:

Anyway, maybe overlay is still the safer approach and it only makes ur bathroom the most 10 cm smaller :wub:

hi 79kakis!:dunno:

hmmm... because i did not grow up at toa payoh this is my first own home... alwys when i and ebing have our dinner at our central. i am quite sad not much have of really good makan there...so the food court on the mrt, the kopitiam juz opp our blk also not bad for their goreng pisang.haha~ but not like amk central got so much nicer food. lets dun compare those restuarant. those local food u all shld noe wat i mean? i hope. :D

can any1 recommend any good place to have nice food at toa payoh? :D so the nxt time can go there eat... hehe... :good:

Hi chrispy,

There is this really nice place in Toa Payoh for food.. Located at Blk 79C, #06-39.. We serve fusion food and at reasonable price... :wub::D

hahahaha.... this is my house!:good: hope you ppl dun mind coming for my house warming.... ermmmmmm.... BUT BUT BUT.... i think need to wait at least 6mths... reno can only starts after chinese new year... and we planned to have housewarming together with ROM... need to go consult some master first... :P

Jo, if this is the case hor. than 1st person shower for instant take 20mins than 2nd person must wait how long than can take shower huh??

M&M, have you confirmed yr ID already? 8|

Hi Hi......I am not a regular here......Just login to check if there are any tips on storage heater. PLease do NOT get CityGas!:dunno:!! I just installed it because it is free and I begin to regret my decision. The water will only get heated up after you turn on the tap. I need to leave the tap running for 1min in the kitchen before the water is warm. I need to leave the tap running in the bathroom until it fill up half a pail of water before getting warm water. So you can get warm water immediately after the first one shower. But the first person who shower got to let the water run for sometime before you get warm water.

I find it totally unacceptable and call in the citygas maintenance guys. They said they cannot do anything about it cos it is due to the long piping, that's y it take so long to heat up. Well, unless you live in old flats where the toilet is beside the kitchen, I don't think you will have the same issue. According to him, TPY 79 blks, Tanglin Halt and SengKang faced the same issue. :notti:

So looking for alternative solution now. What a waste of time. :bow:

Hi Hi......I am not a regular here......Just login to check if there are any tips on storage heater. PLease do NOT get CityGas!:bangwall:!! I just installed it because it is free and I begin to regret my decision. The water will only get heated up after you turn on the tap. I need to leave the tap running for 1min in the kitchen before the water is warm. I need to leave the tap running in the bathroom until it fill up half a pail of water before getting warm water. So you can get warm water immediately after the first one shower. But the first person who shower got to let the water run for sometime before you get warm water.

I find it totally unacceptable and call in the citygas maintenance guys. They said they cannot do anything about it cos it is due to the long piping, that's y it take so long to heat up. Well, unless you live in old flats where the toilet is beside the kitchen, I don't think you will have the same issue. According to him, TPY 79 blks, Tanglin Halt and SengKang faced the same issue. !!

So looking for alternative solution now. What a waste of time. :(

Hi Michell,

Thanks for sharing. Didn't know that citygas storage heater has this problem :( Majority of us are using electric storage heater (joven or ariston), I've not move in yet so can't really comment much :)

hahahaha.... this is my house!!! hope you ppl dun mind coming for my house warming.... ermmmmmm.... BUT BUT BUT.... i think need to wait at least 6mths... reno can only starts after chinese new year... and we planned to have housewarming together with ROM... need to go consult some master first... :bangwall:

Hi Meowie,

Congrats and wishes you and your future hubby a blissful marriage life.. Please include me and my wife in your invite list for the housewarming party.. :(

:(

Edited by Redwyrm

Hi Hi......I am not a regular here......Just login to check if there are any tips on storage heater. PLease do NOT get CityGas!:bangwall:!! I just installed it because it is free and I begin to regret my decision. The water will only get heated up after you turn on the tap. I need to leave the tap running for 1min in the kitchen before the water is warm. I need to leave the tap running in the bathroom until it fill up half a pail of water before getting warm water. So you can get warm water immediately after the first one shower. But the first person who shower got to let the water run for sometime before you get warm water.

I find it totally unacceptable and call in the citygas maintenance guys. They said they cannot do anything about it cos it is due to the long piping, that's y it take so long to heat up. Well, unless you live in old flats where the toilet is beside the kitchen, I don't think you will have the same issue. According to him, TPY 79 blks, Tanglin Halt and SengKang faced the same issue. !!

So looking for alternative solution now. What a waste of time. :)

Hi Michell, Thanks for the info. Was thinking of getting a storage heater, now having second thought.. :(

:(

Hi Meowie,

Congrats and wishes you and your future hubby a blissful marriage life.. Please include me and my wife in your invite list for the housewarming party.. :(

:bangwall:

Hi Redwyrm,

Sure!! !!

So looking for alternative solution now. What a waste of time. :(

michell,

huh?? cham lah, i olso got dat heater from citigas...T.T our reno hv not completed yet...can we back out from it? btw, i read some said dat for the 1st turn on, we nid to let it runs for a few minutes then after dat we dun hv to turn it off so as to ensure dat warm water will be always available around the house...err...correct me if i m wrong cos hv not started to use it yet...cham ar...so bad meh? :(

Edited by doremi

so far, our ID's not bad... but wld suggest u source ard 1st. !!

yah, I agree with ms white. Look around first and get a feel of all the reno stuff which is probably new to most of us.

Hi Mapleleaf,

She has not finished reading yet, now on holiday break..haha.. !!

btw 1 of her fren also staying at blk E just got the keys yesterday.. :D

Probably can scroll down quite fast... think we crapped alot while waiting for the building to complete. heh heh.

Hi Mapleleaf,

Congratz on taking ur keys....

In my previous post, i did mention this. But, apparently someone said they managed to do it with approval..

!!

Anyway, maybe overlay is still the safer approach and it only makes ur bathroom the most 10 cm smaller !!

Hi chrispy,

There is this really nice place in Toa Payoh for food.. Located at Blk 79C, #XX-XX.. We serve fusion food and at reasonable price... !! !!

Thanks Meowie! But aiyo...you shouldnt publish your house number like that. So many lurkers around.

Hi, Mapleleaf, I am still looking around for ID. Have your renovation completed?

Hi hi. Just finished wiring and false ceiling only... so long way to go.

Hi Hi......I am not a regular here......Just login to check if there are any tips on storage heater. PLease do NOT get CityGas!:notti:!! I just installed it because it is free and I begin to regret my decision. The water will only get heated up after you turn on the tap. I need to leave the tap running for 1min in the kitchen before the water is warm. I need to leave the tap running in the bathroom until it fill up half a pail of water before getting warm water. So you can get warm water immediately after the first one shower. But the first person who shower got to let the water run for sometime before you get warm water.

I find it totally unacceptable and call in the citygas maintenance guys. They said they cannot do anything about it cos it is due to the long piping, that's y it take so long to heat up. Well, unless you live in old flats where the toilet is beside the kitchen, I don't think you will have the same issue. According to him, TPY 79 blks, Tanglin Halt and SengKang faced the same issue. :notti:

So looking for alternative solution now. What a waste of time. !!

Many thanks for sharing. :notti:

Hi Everybody

We would like to ask if anyone from 79B facing the blocks behind collected keys yet...We have yet to collect our keys but we would like to ask if anyone could allow us to visit your house for site measurements. We would like to purchase our refrigerator, oven and hob and hood this period as many places are having yr end sale...and I guess this time is a good time to shop....anybody out there willing to help..plsssss PM me..

Thank you!!