Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

yup, i think the coffee shop is a good common place for us to meet up..

I was thinking (an ideal thinking perhaps), maybe we can celebrate some festivals together in the sky garden. (those in the excel list and adding up)

for those with young children, can discuss which is a better childcare center to go.

for those who are looking for furniture, can discuss where to get a better deal.

for those with primary school children, can discuss which primary school to go or even have a study group, let the children mingle.

I am not too sure how you feel..I am not from the kampung days, but I felt that ever since HDB was bulit, neighbour interaction is minimal..

how many of you know your neighbour's name?

do u just know that he is called ah pek or ah Mmm?

Don't let our children just go to school, come home, eat dinner then sleep.

let them play, mingle and socialize.

it will be good for their social growth.

good for us as well.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
actually i was referring to those blk E ppl..it will be noisy for them.. :sport-smiley-004:

For me, I will be watching comfortably at home.. :sport-smiley-004:

GGMU!! :notti:

Ya lor. feel sorry for the lower levels next to the coffee shop. Lurkers aka those applying for a unit in Blk 79 - pls take note ok?

I feel it is alright to erect screens in open fields or commercial areas during soccer season. But it is so not right to have throngs of people screaming throughout the night for weeks in the middle of a residential area, when the the majority of people are trying to get some normal sleep upstairs.

But like Redwyrm, I will be watching from home.

yup, i think the coffee shop is a good common place for us to meet up..

I was thinking (an ideal thinking perhaps), maybe we can celebrate some festivals together in the sky garden. (those in the excel list and adding up)

for those with young children, can discuss which is a better childcare center to go.

for those who are looking for furniture, can discuss where to get a better deal.

for those with primary school children, can discuss which primary school to go or even have a study group, let the children mingle.

I am not too sure how you feel..I am not from the kampung days, but I felt that ever since HDB was bulit, neighbour interaction is minimal..

how many of you know your neighbour's name?

do u just know that he is called ah pek or ah Mmm?

Don't let our children just go to school, come home, eat dinner then sleep.

let them play, mingle and socialize.

it will be good for their social growth.

good for us as well.

That's very true, tension z. Gone are the days whereby kids roam around to play after school. Now they just go back home and play computer.

I also agree on going to purchase furnitures togather as confirm cheaper if buying more. :notti:

Ya lor. feel sorry for the lower levels next to the coffee shop. Lurkers aka those applying for a unit in Blk 79 - pls take note ok?

I feel it is alright to erect screens in open fields or commercial areas during soccer season. But it is so not right to have throngs of people screaming throughout the night for weeks in the middle of a residential area, when the the majority of people are trying to get some normal sleep upstairs.

But like Redwyrm, I will be watching from home.

The worst part is, these poor residents who have paid so much for their units will probably not find any avenues for recourse.

What is HDB thinking? Their planners must all be slacking... Public housing is now getting so dense and in their bid to generate more revenues, allow high bidders to operate 24 hours coffeeshop at our doorsteps.

Although I get to enjoy my TV comfortable at home, I really feel sorry for these folks. This is socially irresponsible.... 8|

Low floors owners of 79E...reckon your only avenue is to feedback to MP until he cannot tahang... :deal: then probably they will do something..... Haha

:good:

Hi,

I don't think any would be thief would be so stupid to scale the walls above the sky garden. The ceiling height from the sky garden is quite high to start with. Unless he has spider man DNA ....haha :good:

If you are really worried, can consider installing a Home alarm system... at least gives you and family a peace of mind :(

haaa :deal: my husband aso say i tink too much liao 8|

but i will be installing window grills.. heee

Edited by skywu

The worst part is, these poor residents who have paid so much for their units will probably not find any avenues for recourse.

What is HDB thinking? Their planners must all be slacking... Public housing is now getting so dense and in their bid to generate more revenues, allow high bidders to operate 24 hours coffeeshop at our doorsteps.

Although I get to enjoy my TV comfortable at home, I really feel sorry for these folks. This is socially irresponsible.... :(

Low floors owners of 79E...reckon your only avenue is to feedback to MP until he cannot tahang... 8| then probably they will do something..... Haha

:good:

everyday complains to police, as just next door, about the noise pollution, until they cannot tahan, then police will also complain to their boss and their boss will complain to the authority in charge and soon the food court will close.. :deal:

everyday complains to police, as just next door, about the noise pollution, until they cannot tahan, then police will also complain to their boss and their boss will complain to the authority in charge and soon the food court will close.. :good:

haha. this is funny.

Speaking of the police, I am currently staying near a pavilion. Like most pavilions - they are commonly used as venues for parties/dinners (especially auctions during the 7th month), chinese wakes, CC dancing activites, drumming practices. The good thing is that all noisy activities will stop before 11pm. At around 11pm, I will see policemen strolling towards the group already.

My site updated fyi. :notti:

Hey euph0bear,

i simply luv ur blog ->

Toa Payoh - Welcome to the Neighbourhood

Din xpect my name 2 b mentioned in ur blog. :)

As time goes by, if ur blog is stil up on e net, view by younger generations,

25 yrs dn e rd, i'l b a History.

50 yrs dn e rd, i'l b a Legend liao. 8|

Actually, i was xpecting more in ur blog. Fyi, i'm 10yrs ur senior, on e developments & changes in Toa Payoh over e past 30yrs, i'm sure i'v seen more than u. 8|

Anyway, keep up e good work. Really looks 4ward 2 it. :deal:

:notti:

Hey, my wife and I are new to this forum, see that many of you have collected keys? My unit's in 79A, anyone from there collecting or know when the keys can be collected? ;)

Thanks!

Hey euph0bear,

i simply luv ur blog ->

Toa Payoh - Welcome to the Neighbourhood

Din xpect my name 2 b mentioned in ur blog. :wub:

As time goes by, if ur blog is stil up on e net, view by younger generations,

25 yrs dn e rd, i'l b a History.

50 yrs dn e rd, i'l b a Legend liao. :good:

Actually, i was xpecting more in ur blog. Fyi, i'm 10yrs ur senior, on e developments & changes in Toa Payoh over e past 30yrs, i'm sure i'v seen more than u. :P

Anyway, keep up e good work. Really looks 4ward 2 it. :dancingqueen:

;)

Thanks, jaCKY777. I'll definitely work more on my blog if time permits.

Hey, my wife and I are new to this forum, see that many of you have collected keys? My unit's in 79A, anyone from there collecting or know when the keys can be collected? :P

Thanks!

Hi, sci10109. Welcome to the neighbourhood.

I'm also one of the future residents of 79A. I've already received my letter to collect the keys on 27 Feb at 4.10pm. I was from the initial ballotiing exercise in 2005. What about you?

Edited by euph0bear

Thanks, jaCKY777. I'll definitely work more on my blog if time permits.

Hi, sci10109. Welcome to the neighbourhood.

I'm also one of the future residents of 79A. I've already received my letter to collect the keys on 27 Feb at 4.10pm. I was from the initial ballotiing exercise in 2005. What about you?

Cool!:P :P

We just called HDB and found out that our loan's not been approved yet. Think staff on leave etc.. :P

I also got mine in 2005, hopefully getting keys soon. Have you got your contractor?

Yalor.

day 1 = +2000 applications for whole exercise

day 2 = +4000 applications for whole exercise

day 3 = +6000 applications for whole exercise

day 4 = +7000 applications for whole exercise

i gues many applicants mayb 'blinded' by e 'perks' of Toa Payoh 79 flats. e 4-rm unit dey had viewed is e 90sqm unit, wheras wat dey gona choose r majority 75sqm units.

if dey neber do their hmwork & eventually select a 4-rm 75sqm unit. i'm sure dey will ->

OMG! wat happen 2 my 4-rm flat? shrink? :P

erm, jacky...u seem to keep commenting on the differences of 90sqm and 75aqm hor...

hdb used blk c maybe because it has both 5 rm and 4 rm and it's the first blk that is ready??? even if they used a real 75sqm unit as a sample unit, i can tell you the application for the balloting exercise will still rise like crazy...

btw, if it's a house that cost a bomb, i'm sure people will do their homework...they will know how small a 75sqm is after viewing the 90sqm...i don't think they will forget about that since they will be paying a hefty price...

i know yours is a 90sqm unit and congrats to you being able to have your desired unit...

please just remember there are people out there who don't have much of a choice...

and i'm one of those who rather have a high floor 75sqm rather than a low floor 90sqm......

:P

Edited by sushibabe

erm, jacky...u seem to keep commenting on the differences of 90sqm and 75aqm hor...

hdb used blk c maybe because it has both 5 rm and 4 rm and it's the first blk that is ready??? even if they used a real 75sqm unit as a sample unit, i can tell you the application for the balloting exercise will still rise like crazy...

btw, if it's a house that cost a bomb, i'm sure people will do their homework...they will know how small a 75sqm is after viewing the 90sqm...i don't think they will forget about that since they will be paying a hefty price...

i know yours is a 90sqm unit and congrats to you being able to have your desired unit...

please just remember there are people out there who don't have much of a choice...

and i'm one of those who rather have a high floor 75sqm rather than a low floor 90sqm......

:P

Important is not about getting a house but a home.

;)

ya...if given a choice, i'll choose higher...look at the availability now..there're units that are so high...but when it was my turn then to select in Yr 2005, i saw nil... !@#$%^&*()

hi euph0bear...just to let u know that the pics in ur blog brought back many beautiful and missed memories! i've almost forgotten how the fountain looks like...and i didn't know it looked that big! ;):good::good:

i miss the old interchange...a place i'll always walk through to get to the mrt station to go to school... *sniff*