Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi all,

wanna organise another house hopping trip?? This saturday 1pm?? Anyone have house to show??

I'd like to join in, but only have window views to show, cos am still waiting for cement screeding to be done and reno not started yet :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I'd like to join in, but only have window views to show, cos am still waiting for cement screeding to be done and reno not started yet :(

hehe stay79,

no worries.. u can join us to go view other 1/2 ~ 3/4 ~ completed house .... :notti:

PM me ur contact?

Hi all,

wanna organise another house hopping trip?? This saturday 1pm?? Anyone have house to show??

I am interested to join leh but am going to get some household stuff. I may join later if you all are still around.

Btw, my neighbour living opp my unit has alot of plants. Hinted us that they will place them along the wall outside their unit. My unit is at a corner, their plants will be in front of my unit leh. Dun want things to block the doorway leh. How huh...

Hi Neighbours!

Can anybody share some guides or things to lookout for when buying lightings?

We went to those shops located at Balestier and also at Ikea but still have no idea how to select the correct lights. Notice some designs the same but prices varies. Issit due to the bulbs quality? So many varities, really duno how to chose, where to start from. :dunno:

Any good bargains?

Thanks alot!! :)

Hi Ryuki,

I have also got the same headache few weeks ago. Same light, different price. But I also got to learn some knowledge from talking to the sales pple

1) For downlights, check the casing, is it metal or dyecast. Check on what ballast they giving China brand or atco (according to them is from Aus, got kangaroo imprint logo) Check the bulbs they giving. Philips, Osram or GE.

2) Most lights are made in China, so do ask more when the sales told you e.g holder made in Germany blah blah.

3) Some lights are sold at higher price in some shops, check out a few shops along the road, they are cheaper in some other shops. Don't focus all your lights in one shop cos you may find your choice dinning lights in one but better price PLCs in another. Take down picture of the lights that you like then scout for it in other shops

4) Always ask for further discount (well if you don't go with your ID) they can give lower price de.

5) Check out the lighting posts in the forum. You can find some info about some shops, same owner, same lights, different service, different price

Hope it helps :):yamseng:

hey, you want to do retro livpl logo or the current logo? The current logo more complex le. Do the retro one lor. using only red colour. if you can create using software, den just go to bras basah or those shops that do banners/stickers can liao. cheaper and less usage of different stickers. YNWA~

The company just got back to me. Quoted me $15 per sq ft. Expensive leh...

I want to do the current logo type. Looks nicer.

Guess have to look for other companies.

Hey ryuki,

- ya, there r many a Lighting Shops along e whole stretch of Balestier Rd. Frm small 2 medium 2 big branches olso hav.

- some of them, e sales ppl r 'ah beng' or 'ah lian' style. Pushy, chop-carrot-head price, empty promises etc.

- there r a few gd recommendation by our fellow neighbours here. But it wil tedious 2 read thru e past postings. Haha.

- there r olso some gd 1s at Jln Besar area, Geylang area with good price.

- products knowledge i may not noe, but watever items u gonna buy, mus b written dn in e invoice. eg. Model no.? Nos. of items? Daylight or warm light? Price of individual items? F.O.C. items? Warranty period?

- best is, take a pix of it with ur cellph s a record or future reference.

:notti:

Hi Ryuki,

Do you have any idea what kinds of lights you want to have in your house? Round lights? Hanging lights? Spotlights? My wife & I bought from this shop called Lights Arcade. The salespeople there are very friendly & helpful & can help advice on what kinds of lights to use. We were served by this lady called Jane & we were very happy & satisfied with her service. She has very good product knowledge & was very patient with us. Their shop has quite a variety of designs. If you see other designs at other shops which you like, you can try asking Lights Arcade if they have similar designs. Their prices there are quite competitive & may be cheap too.

actually we had moved in already... currently staying over the weekend... currently we are not using the mbr so the mess that they create is still bearable...

Hi all,

Can i sidetrack a bit? U see, my house is near completion. All the defects which we mentioned to the ID along the way, he has tried to rectify. But not all are done. Now is the defects checking stage.

Anyone can give any advice on what impt items to check for before taking over the unit & paying the last instalment of the renovation $$? Any checklist for reference?

Thanks in advance!!! :yamseng:

Hi all,

Can i sidetrack a bit? U see, my house is near completion. All the defects which we mentioned to the ID along the way, he has tried to rectify. But not all are done. Now is the defects checking stage.

Anyone can give any advice on what impt items to check for before taking over the unit & paying the last instalment of the renovation $$? Any checklist for reference?

perhaps you can list the type of defects that are still pending.

Hey neighbours,

ABS trimmings ->

- initially, ABS trimmings were created by Lam Chuan. They r e pioneer & its patented.

- ABS trimmings = 2mm thick

- Edgeband = 1mm thick

- subsequently, other brands came along.

- if 1 were 2 use their laminates 4 carpentry works, then it wil b ez 2 match e laminates & e trimmings. Unless 1 wans different colors or design.

- if 1 were 2 use other brand of laminates (eg. EDL, Formica, Jennings, LamiTak, Senglee) 4 carpentry, end of e day, 1 may hav 2 use bak Lamchuan ABS trimmings. S it is of different brands, e laminates & ABS trimmings colors wil not b exactly e same.

- if e kit cabinet is designed with recessed handles, it wld b clean & neat 2 finish off with ABS trimmings 4 dis recessed & e edges.

- if e kit cabinet is designed with 'designers' handles, then e ABS trimmings r applied only 2 e edges of e cabinet/drawer doors.

- beside kit cabinet, carpentry 4 other areas can olso finish off with ABS trimmings at e edges. If not, it wil b e matching laminates. Additional cost gota take in2 consideration.

- s it is patented, ABS trimmings & edgeband gota send 2 e designated factory 2 process by special machine. During peak seasons, gota take Q no. for doing ABS trimmings, esp b4 CNY.

-> e above info is wat i had obtained frm contractor quite sometime ago. Pls update mi if my info is outdated.

:rolleyes:

Waah long lecture. Thanks =)

Will try to take a pic of it this weekend.

hi mapleleaf, is your abs trimming MAtt or Glossy finish? my kitchen cabinet is glossy finish but according to my ID, the trimming is only Matt finish..

cheers,

happy

Matt. My cabinets are matt.

Hi all,

hihi,

you might wanna consider open house for us this saturday?? Then we can all help u check for defects... hehehe :notti:

perhaps you can list the type of defects that are still pending.

1) Painting on the top of BR2 door ledge not done properly. Wall colour overlap on door ledge colour.

2) Holes in the built in wardrobe not sealed up after installing compartment.

Plus other defects which may be found during inspection.

Hi Wildred2 and blk B neighbours who already moved in,

did you notice any electricity trip during this past 1month?

hihi

this afternoon blk d electricity trip. mum and opp neighbour and upstair neighbour all notice

did anyone else from blk d notice any electricity trip?