thanx~

Hi SUS

Where it the place TPY??

How to go there?

By transport.

Wanna kpo and take a look!

Thanks!!

HAPPY

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

yingsan,

i wanna compare ur quote, pls email me at ginger1986@hotmail.com. thanks

soudezne,

yes, u nid to bring ur floor plan for the quotation....happy shopping... :)

Actually after seeing the portfolio of a few IDs (but I never let them quote) and flipping thru mags, I sort of felt that having a ID designed flat (like what is showcased) is not really what I want. I don't like built-in furniture, except the kitchen cabinets. I don't like the glossy glossy dark dark trends now too.

I like the scandivanian designs and I am more particular about practicality, good material/finishings...but I don't know where to get a reliable contractor who can just advise a bit and put my ideas into reality. I am lusting for Pergo floors and Silestone kitchen tops...these are very expensive man! Think have to psycho myself to lower my standard a bit else have to really live korean style..(eat/sleep on floor).

dear neighbours,

today we went to expo to request for more quotes but as both my hb n bb sick....only manage to request 6 ID shops to quote. they will get back to us at a later date with the floor plan design....btw, do u all hv any comments on these 6 shops??

1) extract living pte ltd

2) ciseern by designer furnishing pte ltd

3) ******

4) ***** design pte ltd

5) the ***** pte ltd

6) city design & contract pte ltd

hv anyone of u engaged ur ID? pls share with me your ID shop name & quotes. my email ginger1986@hotmail.com...many thanks in advance :)

Doremi,

Is No5 V.e.g.a.s. ? I did not have a good impression of them... Saw them at a reno fair 6 months back, design not bad so I went to their their open house a abt 2 months ago. Spoke to one designer and she was to get back to me within 2 weeks about it. I had told her I did not want feature walls or bulit in stuff, and my budget given to them was $18k. In the end someone called after a month to say that the first designer not free and asked us if we wanted to meet u to discuss it with another person. Wah..if think my business not important then I think I shall not waste time with them anymore.

Guess the thing with all these 'big' design houses is that they are quite used to getting customers with $35K budget. Since I don't intend to spend so much on renos so I have sort of learnt to avoid all these big names in order not to waste time. They won't give you 3D of your house unless you pay deposit/sign, any other 3D they may give are generic ones that look the same everywhere, just diff colour scheme here and there niah.

Hi all neighbours,

I also went to the expo fair last weekend. Was quite disappointed. Most of the IDs, more or less are the same.

The same form of colour combi are always around in their design portfolio. More of feature and style than practicality. IMHO.

Not really what my fiancee and I want.

I think really have DIY abit or go into more hands on with the design of our home.

Good luck Guys!

Hi all neighbours,

I also went to the expo fair last weekend. Was quite disappointed. Most of the IDs, more or less are the same.

The same form of colour combi are always around in their design portfolio. More of feature and style than practicality. IMHO.

Not really what my fiancee and I want.

I think really have DIY abit or go into more hands on with the design of our home.

Good luck Guys!

Hi darkwing,

Seems that we have the same thots about this. Do share with me contacts and lobangs if you have. :sport-smiley-018:

i got one quotation with all the breakdown of the cost, its abt 23k... seems reasonable but i still tik it can be lower coz there are alot of carpentary with i dun really like.. if u like to compare, pls drop me ur email add..

hi yingsan

can i hv a look at the quotation too... cheerful108@hotmail.com

thanz :sport-smiley-018:

Hi

Did anyone of u visit Plush Living Design at the Expo fair?? :bangwall: Thou i did not go to the fair, but i did obtain a quotation from them last week as I have seen 1 of their work in this forum... seems quite good :dribble:

The quote tat they gave me is around 24k for my 75 sqm 4 room flat. Their service was quite good (coz they did not hard-sell) and they did sketch me a rough layout design of my hse.

yingsan,

i wanna compare ur quote, pls email me at ginger1986@hotmail.com. thanks

soudezne,

yes, u nid to bring ur floor plan for the quotation....happy shopping... :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Yingsan,

Can I have a copy of the quote too? I'm still sourcing for a scanner to scan my quote so that I can attached for everyone's comparison.

Hi carelinwen

Earlier I also want the best but I got a very good advice from some friends.

In future if you ever need to move out (due to whatever reasons), the buyer will not take your renovation into consideration when they offer you the price. Instead of spending too much on fixture, put the money into furnitures as they can move with you when you shift out.

Another ID told me I can use the furnitures to make the deco very nice, not everything need to spend on fixture.

Hope that will give you some reasons to psycho yourself.

Actually after seeing the portfolio of a few IDs (but I never let them quote) and flipping thru mags, I sort of felt that having a ID designed flat (like what is showcased) is not really what I want. I don't like built-in furniture, except the kitchen cabinets. I don't like the glossy glossy dark dark trends now too.

I like the scandivanian designs and I am more particular about practicality, good material/finishings...but I don't know where to get a reliable contractor who can just advise a bit and put my ideas into reality. I am lusting for Pergo floors and Silestone kitchen tops...these are very expensive man! Think have to psycho myself to lower my standard a bit else have to really live korean style..(eat/sleep on floor).

Doremi,

Is No5 V.e.g.a.s. ? I did not have a good impression of them... Saw them at a reno fair 6 months back, design not bad so I went to their their open house a abt 2 months ago. Spoke to one designer and she was to get back to me within 2 weeks about it. I had told her I did not want feature walls or bulit in stuff, and my budget given to them was $18k. In the end someone called after a month to say that the first designer not free and asked us if we wanted to meet u to discuss it with another person. Wah..if think my business not important then I think I shall not waste time with them anymore.

Guess the thing with all these 'big' design houses is that they are quite used to getting customers with $35K budget. Since I don't intend to spend so much on renos so I have sort of learnt to avoid all these big names in order not to waste time. They won't give you 3D of your house unless you pay deposit/sign, any other 3D they may give are generic ones that look the same everywhere, just diff colour scheme here and there niah.

Hi all, i actually input the quotation in excel.. but so many of u asking for it, so i might as well post in here.. but i shall nt put the company name (too sensitive?) hehe.. later contractor sue me? mayb can juz treat it as a guide so that u know how to bargain.. But i still find it abit expensive and got some hidden cost..

1 Demolition Work

1.1 Existing concrete wall @ MBR b/w BR 2 1 lot

1.2 Existing door and door frame @ MBR & BR 2 1 lot

1.3 Existing w/c & basin @ both bathroom 1 lot 460.00

2 Masonry

2.1 Homogeuoues tiles 600mm x 600mm to L/R D/R & H/S 350sf 2,400.00

2.2 Matching skirting to L/R, D/R & H/S Ls 350.00

2.3 Cement seceding to 3 BR

2.4 New Laminated flooring to 3 BR 430 sf 1,668.00

2.5 Laminated skirting to all area Ls 280.00

2.6 Kitchen cabinet base 1 lot 180.00

2.7 Fridge & washing machine base 1 lot 250.00

2.8 Make good to affected area after hacking of wall Ls 250.00

2.9 Construct new wooden door frame to MBR entrance 1 nos 180.00

2.10 Construct shower kerb to MBR 60.00

3 Electrical Works (12 points) KIV

4 Ceiling Works

4.1 False ceiling to L/R, D/R & passage way 300sf 880.00

5 Painting Works

5.1 Under coating oil base sealer to all ceiling 1 lot 200.00

5.2 Paint whole house using ICI/Nippon emulsion paint 1 lot 980.00

6 Plumbing Works

6.1 Connection water point to sink and washing machine 1 lot 250.00

6.2 Installation of w/c & basin @ both bathroom 350.00

6.3 Installation of central heater & bathroom accessories 1 lot 260.00

7 Sundries

7.1 Build in t/p glass frameless shower screen @ MBR Ls 550.00

8 Carpentry Works

Foyer

8.1 Shoe & storage cabinet (1800mm x 400mm x 500mm) 1 lot 800.00

Living & Dining

8.2 TV console c/w mirror feature @ family area

(3000mm x 2650mm x 50mm) 1 lot 1,800.00

8.3 Timber strip with veneer finish @ D/R entrance area

(60mm x 100mm x 2650mm) 3 nos 350.00

8.4 Wooden divider with laminated finish @ new dining area

b/w kitchen (80mm x 900mm x 2650mm) 1 lot 350.00

8.5 Wooden feature wall c/w mirror with laminated finish

@ dining area (2400mm x 2650mm x 50mm) 1,380.00

Master bedroom

8.6 Bed head board c/w bedside table (Queen size)

(2500mm x 1300mm x 80mm) 1 lot 850.00

8.7 TV consolde c/w feature wall (1500mm x 700mm x 2650mm) 1 lot 1,450.00

8.8 Wardrode with sliding door in laminated finish

(2750mm x 650mm x 2650mm) 1 lot 2,470.00

8.9 Writing table c/w top hung cabinet and divider 1 lot 1,380.00

8.10 Wooden ledge in laminated finish @ window area

(300mm x 3200mm x 80mm) 1 lot 680.00

8.11 Vanity design c/w solid surface top, low cabinet, mirror &

light pal met (1500mm x 500mm x 600mm) Ls 1,450.00

Kitchen

8.12 Kitchen cabinet with laminated finish top & bottom 16fr 1,850.00

8.13 Solid surface work top to new kitchen cabinet 12fr 840.00

9 Miscellaneous

9.1 To do acid wash & general cleaning works FOC

9.2 To supply labour for haulage & removal of debris FOC

Total 25,198.00

After discount 23,800.00

Term of payment :

15% down payment upon confirmation as deposit

40% progession payment upon masonry works

40% progession payment upon carpentary works

5% final payment upon completion

Hi yingsan,

From what I see, I think that the reno cost is quite resonable since you include quite a number of carpentry in your living room.

Is you house a 5room? Cos I dun think you can include those dividers etc. At first I also think of divider but end up remove it cos budget contrainst and no space.

Can you pm me the ID firm so that I can ask quotation from them on the items I want.

Thanks.

Hi Yingsan,

Thks for putting up the quote...E quote is quite ok cos quite a lot of carpentry.

Can pm me the ID too ? :wub:

But I tink these things e price can be lower

Fridge & washing machine base 1 lot 250.00 (less than $200)

Installation of central heater & bathroom accessories 1 lot 260.00 (neg for FOC installation for bathroom accessories)

Shoe & storage cabinet (1800mm x 400mm x 500mm) 1 lot 800.00 (neg cos head board about the same price)

Paint whole house using ICI/Nippon emulsion paint 1 lot 980.00 (cheap but need to ask can use how many colors)

dear neighbours,

today we went to expo to request for more quotes but as both my hb n bb sick....only manage to request 6 ID shops to quote. they will get back to us at a later date with the floor plan design....btw, do u all hv any comments on these 6 shops??

1) extract living pte ltd

2) ciseern by designer furnishing pte ltd

3) ******

4) ***** design pte ltd

5) the ***** pte ltd

6) city design & contract pte ltd

hv anyone of u engaged ur ID? pls share with me your ID shop name & quotes. my email ginger1986@hotmail.com...many thanks in advance :wub:

Hi doremi,

for id (1), see this thread - http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7886

skywu, can share the quote??? i also 75sqm 4 rm...wanna compare...

yingsan, you got alot of carpentry leh...if you are doing all of that, the price quite ok...can pm me the id also???

thanx~

Hi Skywu,

I signed up with plush living during 1 of the exhibition early this year, paid a $500 deposit and asked them to remove the clause on 20% payment if I decided not to engage them.

Generally I find their design and workmanship pretty good, however they are more on the mid-high tier of ID. At the end of the day I decided to forfeit my deposit and engage another ID company because of their good workmanship and better pricing.

let me know if you need the contact. :wub:

hi yingsan

can i hv a look at the quotation too... cheerful108@hotmail.com

thanz :jawdrop:

Hi

Did anyone of u visit Plush Living Design at the Expo fair?? :jawdrop: Thou i did not go to the fair, but i did obtain a quotation from them last week as I have seen 1 of their work in this forum... seems quite good :jawdrop:

The quote tat they gave me is around 24k for my 75 sqm 4 room flat. Their service was quite good (coz they did not hard-sell) and they did sketch me a rough layout design of my hse.