Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

hi TPCRC2, thanks for the clarifications.

personally, if there're yoga & salsa classes..it'll be good..cos i'm interested. hahaha! :dancingqueen:

if only the CC beside our blocks can cater more of such activities than the current few...

and i realised u reply mostly after midnight..u dun sleep eh? :dancingqueen:

other than electrical lobangs, do u have other lobangs like for furnitures, bathrm accessories, lights..whereby we might not need to quote name but are genuinely good places to deal??

Dear Ms White,

It is possible for us to run Yoga Classes, what we need is PA registered trainer and helper to jagar. Thank you for the support. CC run their own class and we run ours, we try not to duplicate.

But after talking so much, some of the neighbours here still not sure we are real lay. Can someone propose a date for us to meet up at our current rc center at Blk 179 Toa Payoh Central #01-462 and have each other contact information? It can be Saturday or Sunday afternoon, we try to arrange some refeshment for the gathering.

Most of the time after work, we hang around the rc center, when go home after my childrens sleep than I got time to login this forum. Still have to sleep but also like to see the happening here.

We know the merchant association in TPC, some for their member are friendly, we can introduce you to them, we have no confict of interest, but some of you don't feel comfortable, we do not want to invite CBIB or the PA misunderstanding lay.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Did you all notice that our carpark does not have free parking on sundays and public holidays!:dancingqueen::dancingqueen::thumbs up:

HDB always like to start without free parking like Blk 60 Lor 5 Toa Payoh last few year ago, they will wait till residents conplain, rc write in letter, than they consider. very sian.

But you have to be aware that if the carpark is free, it will invite many shopper to park at your carpark there especially saturday & sunday, there are two chunch around and we are located at TPC and HDB Hub, that is what the residents at Blk 175, 177 to 179, 183 to 186, 191 & 193 having no parking lots during weekday evening and weekend even the Red season lots. What to do, we are located at such a wonderful location which is the heart of Singapore and Central of Toa Payoh

Never the less, the rc will write a letter to HDB this week and check it out.

Hi carelinwen

Dun think can check on that. My friend said it is possible he is for real. She suggest I get the number from the PA site and call up to verify or drop by, this way we can really confirm.

No harm asking the shop recommendated for a quote as we are the ones deciding whether we want to order from that shop.

Applause to S_Pear for all the above ideas !! . I am still racking my head to think of any !!

Hiyoyo,

Just to to the CC and ask lor, the SCM is Sandy, the DCM is Mr Goh.

wah how come the "arrow" kena me?? hehhehe yeah for the reading class, i'm proposing it only for the closer neighbors with kids that we have here. if the rc needs classes, shouldn't the trainers be registered with pa or watever? i dun think its up to us to "volunteer" it on such an informal mode such as a forum right? but anyway, thanks for inviting us to give u the feedback if its possible, here's my wishlist to the rc:

1. To inform/welcome us formally through letters etc instead of through forum which can really be dangerous as we really do not know the credibility. Maybe TPCRC2 u can reveal ur real name here and we can really be more sure of ur status? U must also know that not many pple in our blk actually log onto forum. The number that u see here is insignificant compared to the majority and if we propose and u accept our ideas but others don't, then how?

2. Form a "Mothers Club/ Parents Club" for both SAHM(Stay at home mothers) and WM(working mothers) to connect and share parenting tips. With so many new couples, we need all the support we can have for them in building family ties. This will greatly strengthen our ties as neighbors as we look out for one another's kids and help to build a safe environment for our neighborhood.

3. Senior Citizens Afternoon tea sessions. There are a lot of SERS elderly here and as they are used to living in the old blks and some of their neighbors are no longer staying beside them, it will be good if there are tea sessions every alternate days for them to catch up and talk to each other. If there could be simple finger food being provided, it will also be nice cos most of them are under financial assistance.

4. Monthly/ Bimonthly barbeque sessions in 2008. Many neighbors are shifting in in 2008. To foster better ties and relationship, can we have frequent bbq sessions to get to know one another better? During major festivals, we can also have theme parties for teenagers,children, adults and senior citizens. I know that during "Mid Autumn festival" Potong Pasir always have a big bang in celebration with floats and carnivals roping in schools nearby.

5. Making the rooftop garden at MSCP and 12th floor a place for celebration.

There will be plenty of couples getting married and making this blk their first home. During 2008, we can hold monthly celebrations for couples getting married, for bbs having their first birthday,for bbs having full mth, birthdays for neighbors in the same mth together. Maybe there can be a big cake for them to cut and rc can get either the teenagers in the blk to plan the activities so as to get them to be more involved in the community.

all the above are just some small little sesame worth of opinions. i'm just sharing it so that we can forge this "Kampong" spirit of togetherness and making our home a pleasant and joyful one. Even if the rc doesn't get this pc of info, its ok.

hahha droplets u so funny!!

dear ms white

of cos u can tell eesy that u don't really like the items and purchase the things urself. if he proposed free items ie for eg"supply and install 2mixers at both toilets" then u take from him cos its already included in the quotation. however, for items that u need to buy, just choose those that u really fancy.

I've been to Asia Excel and the boss name is Ray... call him at 9762 1938. he'll give u a good discount. but one thing though, i find that they have v little choices... chose Lookz instead coz i buy things until i v tired liao and some of the designs are quite ok for me.

Don't mean to arrow you lar, just as an example. The RC in full is Residents Committee', it is your committee, as long as the committee agreed, it serve residents interest and is according to PA guildlines, we try all our best. Community Bonding is our objective and it never change.

Woh, what a long list, this is not a dream, it is possible, we must first have enough helper and volunteer to contribute, but not on personal interest. We not only write letter and give flyers, we will try our very best to do door to door visit and collect feedback. (But you all have not move it lay).

SAHM can help alot if they willing to serve, any volunteer? heheheh..... We are serious, not joking hah.

It is our plan to have party with you, the very first calling for house warming is an example but we may have use a wrong theme. Alister have the Chairman hp no, we suggest your call him and fix an appointment and meet at the Blk 179 rc center and start planning.

FYI, there will be a grand opening ceremony for all the new residents in Blk 78 & 79 during Sep 2008, we have coupe of sponsorships waiting, hope by than everyone move in. 23 Feb 2008 the Chingay floats is coming the TPC.

Ya one more thing, Blk 78 and 79 will be name as 'CENTRAL HORIZON'. HDB want it and we choose the name hope you all like it.

Hi TPCRC2,

Just a wild idea...can we have like a temporary notice board at Blk79 to advertise for used items (such as furnitures, electric appliances etc.) I thought there might be some of us who may have existing items that we may like to clear before we move house and some of these items may still be in very good condition. I know we already have Cash Converters, but they may not take in bulky items like furnitures and cabinets. The seller can leave some photos of the items and leave their contacts for interested parties. I know this may not be good news for the heartland shops, but there may be some of us who will be on a tight budget and such items will really help them out. Of course I am imagining the things to be sold at token prices...for example $50 for a sofa or a TV console etc.

BTW, great suggestions by Strawberry Pear :dancingqueen::dancingqueen::thumbs up: !!

Hihi chrispy,

Nice to know tt you are from unit 65 too :dancingqueen:

Still looking for ID, there's a home fair at expo this weekend, I may drop by to look c look c.

How abt u, found any yet? Anyone heard or engage Advance Designing?

Hihi Happy,

I just submitted my LA this morning to HDB. I filled up everything and submitted with our payslip. Hopefully the HDB wun take long to assess.

I'm also quite worried abt the income part but like what Ms white said, i will clarify with HDB if need be.

ah lamak.... this weekend so juz pass lah??? aiyah we still seaching our ID so headache... juz gone to Ernest interior not bad now waiting for quotation to final confirm my decision. hope will be within my budget :dancingqueen:

hihi i'm thinking of getting a part time cleaner heheh not a maid....cos i expect from next year onwards the chores to be done will be quite a lot and thus will need the extra help if not my parents in law will definitely worry.... heard that there are local cleaning aunties who will come in every once or twice a week to clean and charge by per hour... but i have no contacts for this....

Hi strawberry_pear,

my colleague got a part time cleaner, will ask her whether her part-time cleaner interested.

according to her, the part time cleaner comes once a week for about 4hours @ $45 per hr.

if u interested, pm me.

hihi... did u ppl see "good date" for door opening ceremony??? Or can choose not to then only see "good date" for tong du is good enough??

Ms white, u mention u see the taiwan chinese calendar thinggy right??? is it a website?? can send me the link? Thanks.

Hi strawberry_pear,

my colleague got a part time cleaner, will ask her whether her part-time cleaner interested.

according to her, the part time cleaner comes once a week for about 4hours @ $45 per hr.

if u interested, pm me.

Sorry hor, not trying to be a wet blanket but $45 per hr is daylight robbery!:dancingqueen::dancingqueen: The market rate should be $10 per hr only so for 4 hrs it should be $40. :thumbs up:

Hi strawberry_pear,

if u interested, pm me.

$45/hr?! 4hr $180...wah! equivalent to half a maid's pay...tsk tsk tsk!!

sorry to sidetrack, to all married or to-be-married couples, where did u go, temple/somebody's hse to get the auspicious time to fetch the bride and all that stuff? ang bao give how much?

sorry to sidetrack, to all married or to-be-married couples, where did you go, temple/somebody's hse to get the auspicious time to fetch the bride and all that stuff? ang bao give how much?

i think depends on whether you wanna go temple ask or go to a master...for me, we chose our own dates...chose it looking through the tong shu just to please the parents as to have a good date...personally, i don't believe in such things...since it's just a date, we let the elders have their say abit lah....

think $$$ wise, also depends...some will be freewill, some got fixed amount...depends what you wanna ask and how many dates you want, dates for guo da li, an chuang, customary etc etc....

think you can read more in singaporebrides...there got alot of info....

sorry to sidetrack, to all married or to-be-married couples, where did u go, temple/somebody's hse to get the auspicious time to fetch the bride and all that stuff? ang bao give how much?

Hi Ms_white

I went to "You Long Zi" to ask for auspicious time/date to fetch the bride and he will also tell u an auspicious date to "An chuan" and a list of things you need to "an chuan" if i remember correctly I paid $250 for his service.. PM me if you need his contact.. :dancingqueen:

thanks ms white...HDB actually approved our appeal when we applied...i remember they approved our HDB housing loan at that time too...so worried..i believe most of us have higher income now so dun thk they shld reassess the income again...

duno if any of you had the same experience... sigh... hope will be ok else i have to go to MP again..

i think they should let all singaporeans buy at least one hdb flat with hdb loan... cos we all pay taxes and serve NS right...

dun think those people over the income ceiling should be penalized since they are singaporeans too.. not too much to ask right... just 1 hdb flat..moreover, this hdb flat is not cheap wo..more than 300k...i thk there should be a minimum household income rather than a maximum... if 30 yr loan means 950 per month.. so means min. household income should be at least $4300 per month...

Hi Happy!

Sorry for the late reply. We also have the same experience.

At the point of applying for flat, our joint income was less than HDB's income ceiling. But when we submit our loan application recently, our joint income exceeded the ceiling. In the end, it was approved just like that (no appeal needed). I've also called up HDB prior to receiving our loan approval, oic said they will gauge based on "old" income. The new income is to update their records.

By the way, we have collected our keys in Sept and our house in currently undergoing renovation. Hope our precedent case will give you added assurance on your loan approval.

Good Luck!

Hi Ms White,

Our auspicious time is given by our shi-fu when we went to shuan-ming. He is a very nice old man and also the FS Master for our Integrated Resorts - Marina Sands. He charges only $50 on shuan-ming. But we top-up another $50 ang bao for him coz he gave us dates on weddding, auspicious timing, guo-da-li, an-chuang, and we also engaged him for our house fengshui.

If you need his contact, can pm me. Currently he is in Perth now.

Edited by almonddust

ah lamak.... this weekend so juz pass lah??? aiyah we still seaching our ID so headache... juz gone to Ernest interior not bad now waiting for quotation to final confirm my decision. hope will be within my budget :yamseng:

Hi chrispy, which ID you went to see at Earnest Interior? Cos I am interested in them too... :)

Blk B peeps, my status on HDB page change to this

HDB will invite you to take possession (ie collect keys) of your new flat in due course.

I juz call up my CSO and he says that they are sending out the loan letters from 2 nov onwards

So expected to get keys in Dec depending on how fast the loan approval and how early we submit...

He also very funny saying that since I call up he will do my loan application forms first... :yamseng:

Sorry hor, not trying to be a wet blanket but $45 per hr is daylight robbery!:yamseng::) The market rate should be $10 per hr only so for 4 hrs it should be $40. :curse:

paiseh, typo error, should be 4hrs @ $45 per visit.