Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Arrrrrrgggghhhh....confirmed on Ariston already.... :unsure::dunno::(

But seriously the design looks better than Joven...that's why decided on form over factor.... :(

True, sometimes it's like that. Eg remember the WC ? U decided to change yet ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
alister..i'll be there at abt 12pm tomorrow..

from Hoe Kee @ IMM, Ariston 25litre (drum) @ $254

from Sim Siang Choon, Ariston 30litre $264.95, 40litre $295.52

have u heard of rheem?

Ariston 30 litre (squarish design) should only be $220 at those neighbourhood hardware stores.

Please don't pay more than $230 for that.

You "flatten" me. :dunno:

haha... like a walking / talking library... u can set up a mini counter at our blocks with the words "information counter"... hmmm... then ppl like us can Q-up for renovation related enquiries... :unsure:

Hi pals,

I am new here. Knowing so many of u already collected the keys, quite surprise and admire. My original plan is to receive the house in H2 of Y2008. I got a mail from HDB for load appl matters, then I start to search for info. Our flat is in 79E 95m2.

Some questions:

1. anyone knows how long it takes from the loan approval to key collection?

2. my wife and i are stationed overseas right now. we may need to plan to go back for key collection if it is a must to be present at HDB. Is it a must?

3. any idea for the reno budget for the whole unit? for an average standard. I plan to rent it out since we are not in SG. + basic furniture (maybe can get 2nd whole set will be best)

4. any idea about the time of such a renovation? Must I or appint sb to oversee the process from start to end?

thanks for sharing exp.

at first, i thought your english had improved until i read on and especially the last sentence......

usually, if there's any activities by RC, there will be flyers to inform us, not through forum......

and please, keep away from our houses......we don't wanna be 'warned'~~~

this forumer is very very weird...

:dunno:

Dear Sushibabe,

Sorry for my English lar, my english is ok lar only spelling hehehe!

Hi Sushibabe

Let's give this guy a chance. I called my friend who just left the RC and she told me it is possible this guy is real.

Hi Snuffleupagus

Congrats ! When's ur EDD ? My wife 1st wk of Jan. My wife went hse hopping with me as well . We just make sure no workers working in the hse when we step in. If you like, u can drop by my flat as currently only cement screeding is being done by HDB contractor. Actual renovation not started yet.

Actually for me, I will not give the business to any firm that has such policies as I will think there is some hidden agenda. But then so many neighbours are fine with it, so individual preference.

Dear Alister,

Thank you for the chance, we are neighbour ma!

Hi TPCRC2

Can I have your name so that I can check with my friend and let the neighbours know whether you are real ? Sorry for being suspicious as there are alot of contractors lurking around looking for business and we only welcome geniune neighbours.

Dear Alister,

You can drop me a e-mail at tpcrc2@gmail.com, you can have our chairman name and hp no, then we can start discuss about what can we do for the neighbouhoon.

You are right to be suspicious, not to worry, anyway I am real real real.

Hi pals,

I am new here. Knowing so many of u already collected the keys, quite surprise and admire. My original plan is to receive the house in H2 of Y2008. I got a mail from HDB for load appl matters, then I start to search for info. Our flat is in 79E 95m2.

Some questions:

1. anyone knows how long it takes from the loan approval to key collection?

about 1 month

2. my wife and i are stationed overseas right now. we may need to plan to go back for key collection if it is a must to be present at HDB. Is it a must? U call up HDB to ask, i think authorisation can be done.

3. any idea for the reno budget for the whole unit? for an average standard. I plan to rent it out since we are not in SG. + basic furniture (maybe can get 2nd whole set will be best)

12k to 23k? check up a furniture shop near mcnair, sells 2nd hand furniture

4. any idea about the time of such a renovation? Must I or appint sb to oversee the process from start to end? 1mth onwards, u should ask a family member to oversee the process. No ID/contractor firm is perfect

thanks for sharing exp.

Hi all,

If you guy need any electrical items, we can refer you to some Toa Payoh Central neighbourhood store with good discount, no commission for me. Anyway there is only two electrical shop at TPC and one Court super store.

We support neighbourhood shop as much as possible, the big company make enough money, unless there price is super super low right.

My personal exprience is not necessary to have Storage heater unless you have long bath or you need hot water for basin, it is not safe for kids and electrical bill will increase.

Hi all,

If you guy need any electrical items, we can refer you to some Toa Payoh Central neighbourhood store with good discount, no commission for me. Anyway there is only two electrical shop at TPC and one Court super store.

We support neighbourhood shop as much as possible, the big company make enough money, unless there price is super super low right.

My personal exprience is not necessary to have Storage heater unless you have long bath or you need hot water for basin, it is not safe for kids and electrical bill will increase.

how does this work? quote your big name?

Hi all,

storage heater is for beautifying the expensively done up toilets...without the ghastly sight of an electric heater in the bathrm to spoil the look.

wat to do...hdb gave us such awful tiles that we've no choice but to overlay them...water pipes leading to the kitchen where we've no choice but to place a chunky water heater in our small kitchen... sadly, there's no justification at all...

Yup I checked with Best Denki too...I will need an upside down model as my existing washer is a top loader. But the one that fits my budget, the F&P, will expel the hot and moist air from the back! So now only left with one option....and it cost $699 instead of $408!:dunno:!:notti:

Dear neighbours,

I'm thinking of installing a storage heater too cos' the water's much hotter than instant heater. Cld I find out where you guys will be placing it? In the kitchen?? Anyone actually went to relay the piping to the common bathroom? My ID said its v expensive to do that..hmm...

And btw, anyone just hacking an opening between the MBR and adjacent room? Do you think that will be approved by HDB?

Edited by Ikoice

Dear neighbours,

I'm thinking of installing a storage heater too cos' the water's much hotter than instant heater. Cld I find out where you guys will be placing it? In the kitchen?? Anyone actually went to relay the piping to the common bathroom? My ID said its v expensive to do that..hmm...

And btw, anyone just hacking an opening between the MBR and adjacent room? Do you think that will be approved by HDB?

Hi Ikoice

The pipings are already laid by HDB, u dun have ask your contractor to relaid.

Edited by alister

Dear neighbours,

think have to seal up one door.. but can try cos they seem to have diff approvals for diff units ..

any comments for gas heater??? how come nobody wanna use them???

been looking at LCD tvs......see until blur...anybody got any recommendations which brands are good??? so far, we are aiming sharp and samsung...

anyway, will be going down to meet leonard from substance...keep hearing you all talk about substance, so since we got time, we'll just go and see how's his quote....so far, shortlisted only 1 id after getting 4 quotes......

headache~~~

Dear neighbours,

u can check out the unit beside strawberry_pear's...her neighbour, also 5rm, hack until bing bing piang piang...almost look like the entire layout will be changed... :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Ms White, Strawberry pear and gadgetman... thanks for showing me and my FH your unit... it was a real exposure for us!!

no problem droplets..hope u'll quickly find an ID and start ur reno soon..then we can see more home-to-be..keke!

any comments for gas heater??? how come nobody wanna use them???

been looking at LCD tvs......see until blur...anybody got any recommendations which brands are good??? so far, we are aiming sharp and samsung...

anyway, will be going down to meet leonard from substance...keep hearing you all talk about substance, so since we got time, we'll just go and see how's his quote....so far, shortlisted only 1 id after getting 4 quotes......

headache~~~

cos gas heater's capacity only 5litre..it's barely enough for 2 person..

hope u'll enjoy ur discussion with substance~!