Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi all

Things has been moving fast since I collected my keys on 25th Oct. I have place orders for floor tiles for my living room & toilets (still deciding whether to do up kitchen). Also bought bathroom accessories.

HDB contractor doing up the cement screeding now.

Alister, tat's fast!:bangwall: I've gotten my keys on 22 Oct.. Am still waiting for the layout frm the IDs... :rolleyes:

How long does HDB rectify yr defects?

hihi droplets

gee tks for the info, so have your defect all fix up er... yet?

Dino, not sure leh. Submitted on Monday... probably, i'll drop by tmr morning to check.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Actually up to individual. I changed because I want to fit the theme. But very heartache as all those in the flat ones are new.

I told myself I am changing to one with water saving features. It's about $180 ea. I think I can save that amt on water bill after 5 yrs of usage (actually trying to physco myself to justify the purchase).

I am trying to psycho myself too...my toilets are both white and cost me about $2800 to overlay...it seems a bit silly to save on $400 more now and run the risk of the original bone color WC not matching the nicely done up interiors.... :rolleyes::bangwall::rolleyes:

But $180 seems like a reasonable price...so far the cheapest I've seen is about $200...Is this price after bargainin and inclusive of GST? Thanks...

I am trying to psycho myself too...my toilets are both white and cost me about $2800 to overlay...it seems a bit silly to save on $400 more now and run the risk of the original bone color WC not matching the nicely done up interiors.... :rolleyes::bangwall::rolleyes:

But $180 seems like a reasonable price...so far the cheapest I've seen is about $200...Is this price after bargainin and inclusive of GST? Thanks...

Ya lor. Those given by HDB doesn't fit our color code. $180 is after disc & w/GST. That's b'cos my ID gave up his kopi $$ and so the shop gave me the extra disc.

Ya lor. Why hide behind acronymns? RC members can mean "Renovation Contractor" members.

If this is for real the Toa Payoh Residents Committee gathering, I think it will only be done one time after everyone is settled in, with official flyers/notices at the lift lobby and numbers to call. And guest-of-honour. And they call it Block Party!

:rolleyes:

The Tech Officer from HDB, Barry (very nice guy), called me last night to explain the situation, but I was driving and was busy with my purchases, so I asked him to call this morning instead. I am not trying to blame any body in particular, but I felt that the HDB system should have been more transparent and fair. The HDB Structiral Engineers and TO are just doing their job, but such important decisions should be treated more sensitively and decisions applied more consistently across the board. In the first place, we were left with no choice but to hack the wall because of a design flaw by HDB - there is not even enough space in the MBR to fit a reasonable queensize bed and a 2 meter wardrobe!! If this is not a design flaw, I really don't know what is!! :rolleyes::bangwall::rolleyes:

hi gadgetman,

Totally agreed. My MBR can't fit the wardrobe too. In the end, i choose to have a king size bed and move my wardrobe to the other room. At least i will have a bigger wardrobe since i have plenty of things to put. Hope my decision won't back fire. Im not hacking because it will up the budget, sian. Can't do anything with limited budget. :furious:

Alister, tat's fast!:bangwall: I've gotten my keys on 22 Oct.. Am still waiting for the layout frm the IDs... :rolleyes:

How long does HDB rectify yr defects?

Dino, not sure leh. Submitted on Monday... probably, i'll drop by tmr morning to check.

I have not submitted my defects, going to do that today. Anyway only one defect found - power socket faceplate loose which can be rectify easily. So not going to let that slow me down.

Furthermore my ID already promise to rectify any defects found during renovation at no cost to me.

Ya lor. Those given by HDB doesn't fit our color code. $180 is after disc & w/GST. That's b'cos my ID gave up his kopi $$ and so the shop gave me the extra disc.

Haizzz...must talk to wife now..really tempted to do it :rolleyes::bangwall::rolleyes:

Hi all

Things has been moving fast since I collected my keys on 25th Oct. I have place orders for floor tiles for my living room & toilets (still deciding whether to do up kitchen). Also bought bathroom accessories.

HDB contractor doing up the cement screeding now.

hey alister seems that things are moving smoothly for u!! well done!! when will be the estimated date of completion? btw, u want to pick up bb clothes after ur reno?

Hi Ms White,

It is not only about knowing my neighbours, it also for you to know each others and their friends, this may be a best time for you guys to visit each others house to view your creation of your home, and have fun, good food and party at the Sky Garden or Roof Top Garden. House warming is just an occassion, we can have other theme that you may like to surggest.

The house warming schedule is mean for those who may not be ready to move in before CNY, we can do it floor by floor or Block by Block, currently if I am not wrong, only 79C and D have got their keys, A, B, E and others have not yet.

Keep connected.

errm tpc rc2, if u r really from the rc, maybe u'll like to inform ur chairman from wat u've observed in this forum that we are already very very very closely knitted and have already known each other. its gd thatt our rc is so competent for once in trying to gel the pple together however, i doubt that rcs have so much $$$ to sponsor floor by floor or blk by blk for hse warming right? and let's say if each owner's hse "warning" is being funded, how much can u fund? are u sure that there is such a substantiable amt in the first place? if yes, can we have Dr Ng Eng Hen as GOH for our hse warming???

sorry that we are so skeptical but things shld be clear. there are some dark sheeps previously in this forum and we have to be careful.

hey alister seems that things are moving smoothly for u!! well done!! when will be the estimated date of completion? btw, u want to pick up bb clothes after ur reno?

I hope to finish by 3rd week of Dec, b4 my wife gives birth. How abt u ? When do u expect to move ?

For bb clothes, yes that would be great.

I hope to finish by 3rd week of Dec, b4 my wife gives birth. How abt u ? When do u expect to move ?

For bb clothes, yes that would be great.

ok so the clothes will go with me to my new home till baby is delivered? can i be godma for ur son?? i look at yr son then everytime i will drool......hehehehhe...

i'm expecting to move in also by late dec after i come back from my immersion programme from china. anyone need to buy anything from CHina???:dancingqueen:!

..... http://bestsmileys.com/lol/5.gif .....

Strange??? Why the picture didn't appear.

haha cos this site is being monitored hahah :notti:

Edited by strawberry_pear

i'm expecting to move in also by late dec after i come back from my immersion programme from china. anyone need to buy anything from CHina???:dancingqueen:!

Wah...sponsored trip, that's nice! But China not much things to buy except 'water goods' and their local fashion/food products. Other items like the normal brands we know are more expensive there. My China colleague went home in july and came back with "paul frank" and "lesportsac" stuff for us.

emm... can get me a pair of Terracotta Army for my living rm??? :notti: