Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

need help... :help::help::help:

what should i look for for running of electrical wiring & points? :)

chrispy, no problem! keeping ur design secret for all of us to be surprised eh! :help: will look forward to it~! :dribble:

when r u starting ur reno?

mayb nxt week start.:yamseng: ya

if any1 can help for the electrical stuff...will be great... :notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
mayb nxt week start.:yamseng: ya

if any1 can help for the electrical stuff...will be great... :dribble:

Just giving my point of view.

1) is it where you wanted?

2) convenient for you?

3) do you want the wiring to be protruding or hidden? - ask your ID and contractors.

4) what electrical stuff you'll be using for that point (eg. ptB), especially when it is tap from another point (eg. ptA). Does the total usage at the same time (ptA+ptB) exceed the limit of the circuit breaker before it trip? - ask your ID and contractors.

5) HOW MUCH PER POINT?

Edited by xinni

oh...it's not posted by me but by Alister. He called up 3 different shops to check the price for Joven, not Ariston. Joven provides 10yr wty and its internal drum is anti-rust, unlike Ariston.

Copied from Page 71:

Universal Union @ Geylang Lor 44 - $230 w/o GST & w/o delivery

Poh Joo @ Jalan Besar - $215 w GST, w/o delivery

Indulge @ Belastair - $240 w GST & delivery

eventually we purchased from Indulge as Alister purchased his bathroom acc from them too.

it includes delivery and it's only slightly more than Poh Joo. :notti:

by the way, Alister & dino...went down to *spam @ abt 8.30pm and it's closed... :yamseng:

i'll probably drop by again tmr.

dino, no news from shay_d's boss yet. will inform u when given.

I think *spam close ard 7.30 - 8pm. Thanks for the info. :dribble: I might go for ariston cos of the shape of the heater as was told tat Joven's design is only the cylinder type.

by the way, Alister & dino...went down to *spam @ abt 8.30pm and it's closed... :yamseng:

i'll probably drop by again tmr.

Let me know when u going, I might want to drop by too.

Hi gui99 I juz gotten my loan letter yesterday.... So happy..... :yamseng:

Dear Bonkitty,

Congrats,

REMINDER: reserve some of your CPF Fund for future needs before HDB drawn down all your CPF OA.

Regards

Dear Bonkitty,

Congrats,

REMINDER: reserve some of your CPF Fund for future needs before HDB drawn down all your CPF OA.

Regards

"reserve" = "invest"? any other methods?

Let me know when u going, I might want to drop by too.

ok. will contact u.

ok. will contact u.

For those thinking of "reserving" ur CPF, there are few methods.

1. Invest in unit trust (possible of losing capital)

2. Move it to bank fixed deposit eg 6mths (safer but returns not much)

3. Buy insurance

U do that incase u decide to resign & not find a job so soon. This way u can put back the money taken out earlier into your CPF to continue your monthly payment. Again note if you take out from unit trust too early, most likely u will lose capital as they come with management fee.

Just giving my point of view.

1) is it where you wanted?

2) convenient for you?

3) do you want the wiring to be protruding or hidden? - ask your ID and contractors.

4) what electrical stuff you'll be using for that point (eg. ptB), especially when it is tap from another point (eg. ptA). Does the total usage at the same time (ptA+ptB) exceed the limit of the circuit breaker before it trip? - ask your ID and contractors.

5) HOW MUCH PER POINT?

thks for ur info!:yamseng::notti:

3. Buy insurance

U do that incase u decide to resign & not find a job so soon. This way u can put back the money taken out earlier into your CPF to continue your monthly payment. Again note if you take out from unit trust too early, most likely u will lose capital as they come with management fee.

the management fee if u find a agent not frm bank will be ard 3% but if u find someone frm bank it may cost u like abt 5%.

ya do this is like a cushion for emergencies once read frm a paper is because "HBB concessionary rate loan and the CPF OA pays 2.5% interest. The difference is juz abt $1 per year for every $1k of the home loan. This is wat u save when u use your CPF money to pay down ur home loan.Think of it as home-made insurance against defaulting on ur home loan."

but if u want to made this move rem to leave some extra like abt 1 month installment & the insurance payment balance+ the rest of ur downpayment in ur OA. :dribble:

3. Buy insurance

Hi Neighbours,

I had checked out on the fixed deposits prior to taking possession of the keys. Current local banks dun offer CPF fixed deposits. The only one that I am aware of is Maybank but u need a minimum $30k. Not sure if the minimum amount can be combined.

I decided against purchasing an insurance because it is very illiquid so the next best alternative will be investing in funds. As I did not have time to go about researching then, so I let HDB emptied my CPF account. For those already engaging a financial advisor, suggest u give them a ring on how u can ultilise ur cpf funds. For those without financial advisor and interested to park your money in funds, suggest u check out fund supermart. I was informed that the sales charge from funds supermart is much lesser but the only downside is u have to do ur own research. Another alternative to consider is to buy Singapore bonds. Its yield should be higher than the interest u will be paying to HDB and it is payable on a periodic basis.

Great to this forum,

Are there shops opening at 1st storey just below Blk E area??

I just got a letter yesterday for the loan info...

However my and my wife would like to defer the collection of keys due to some reasons.

Is there a way to do that like delay till next year AUG??

Is that possible??

Thanks

HI All,

Can a budget of $30k be enough for renovating a 90m + furniture??

Any good and fair price ID to recommend??

glenn

Hi Glennyuen,

It really depends on ur requirements. $30k for renovation plus furnishings can be done but then u probably will have to compromise on designs. I have a fren who was able to do that but she went for the basic. Minimal capentry work and Floor tiling all homogenous and furnishings all pruchase from retail shops. Dun think she has any feature walls and she also dun have a lot of false ceiling. Also, if you intend to forgo design, then it is best to engage a contractor rather than an ID. Based on my limited knowledge, the budgetted costs for some of the basic renovation and home decor items are:

1) Aircon (3 brs and 1 living room) - $3.5k to $4k

2) Floor tiling (homo tiles at 3.5 psf) - $3200

3) Kitchen cabinet 24ft - $2800 - $3500

4) Painting (1 undercoat and 2 overcoat) - $900 - $1200

5) Base for fridge, kitchen cabinet and washing machine - $500-$600

6) Haulage and debris fees - $900-$1300

7) Miscellaneous jobs like plumbing, electrical wiring - $500

8) Lightings (just ceiling lights) - $800 - $1200

If you intend to have false ceilings, then be prepared to fork out more for construction of false ceilings, lighting points and lightings.

Great to this forum,

Are there shops opening at 1st storey just below Blk E area??

I just got a letter yesterday for the loan info...

However my and my wife would like to defer the collection of keys due to some reasons.

Is there a way to do that like delay till next year AUG??

Is that possible??

Thanks

Hi,

You can verify with HDB but I think highly unlikely because it will be disadvantegoues to HDB cos they will be delaying their cash receipts. Moreover not very advisable to delay cos I do think material prices will rise next year and that means ur renovation costs will increase.

Hello to all 79ers,

I'm new to this forum so please guide me where necessary. Hope that I can contribute to this forum too :P

My block is 79C and unit is 5-room type. Still waiting for the letter from HDB to collect my keys. I understand that there're people who have collected, renovated and some even moved in. Anyway, I've made a call to HDB and they said that they didn't missed me out (or I lost the mail).

I'm in the midst of meeting up a few IDs and contractors. Once I've short-listed my desired IDs and contractors, I will inform you all on the outcome.

Before that, I'll like to ask a few common questions (I still cannot make up my mind)....

1) Living/Dining/Shelter Rooms (i.e. non-bedrooms):

Usually people will use homogeneous / marble / granite tiles for these rooms, right? I understand that marble is porous so it's beauty is short-life. What about granite and homogeneous? How come many people choose homogeneous tiles these days (other than cost factor)?

2) Bedrooms:

This is a headache. Parquet is hard to maintain, right? It's not as surface resistance compared to laminate (say supreme brand). My friends told me that laminate can warp or "pimple" show up (he told me his house lamination is from pergo). I know parquet is nice and those newly introduced laminate is very popular. Anybody continue to use homogeneous tiles for bedrooms? I've 2 little boys (2yrs 3mths; 3mths) and hope that i can make a right choice that last for at least 5 years.

3) Heard that Ikea kitchen design and looks good but the wood is pine thus may attract ants/termites since pine is a "sweet" wood. How true is this? I saw the website of Blum and I like it so much (their marketing works). Anybody uses Blum? Do they do they hinges, drawers, etc. only exclude the kitchen? Or they do up the whole kitchen too?

Oops... too many questions. Stop here now.

thks for ur info!:P:~

the management fee if u find a agent not frm bank will be ard 3% but if u find someone frm bank it may cost u like abt 5%.

ya do this is like a cushion for emergencies once read frm a paper is because "HBB concessionary rate loan and the CPF OA pays 2.5% interest. The difference is juz abt $1 per year for every $1k of the home loan. This is wat u save when u use your CPF money to pay down ur home loan.Think of it as home-made insurance against defaulting on ur home loan."

but if u want to made this move rem to leave some extra like abt 1 month installment & the insurance payment balance+ the rest of ur downpayment in ur OA. :notti:

Dear all,

My suggestion is not to rush into investment or insurance for this purpose, check with the back for a short term FD eg. 3 to 6 months renewable, open a CPF IS account with the bank and transfer the fund to FD, there should be some bank can do it. You will not lose much interest on this and the purpose is to cushion for emergencies. Check it out.

After HDB transation completed, closed the FD and put back the fund to CPF then decided what to do with the fund. Additional information is that wef 31 Dec 2007, first $20k from OA will be lock for any CPF IS, so if you think you need to set aside some CPF money for emergencies, please do it before 31 Dec 2007.

If you need further information, you may e-mail to tpcrc2@gmail.com

Regards

ok. will contact u.

Like what alister say, but never rush into investment or insurance because of this reason, look for bank FD than decide later.

:~