Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi everyone

Out of communication for some weeks. Just got my keys last Mon. Hve been reading the forum pages and realised that quite alot of things to do to identify defects. One question - I hve not activated my PUB yet. HDB told that I can do so just before reno starts. But it seems that I need water to test the taps and toilets first. Also, must I really pour water in the bathroom to make sure that water drains off properly too? How to test that switches work when I don't have lights now? Hope some kind soul can help advise.

Anyone use ID from OrangeCube?

for the switch, you can use those multi plug that comes with light indicator. when turn on, the red light indicator will lit up.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Sci10109

Congrats! Yayy! Have you sourced for your ID yet? Can we go kaypoh your flat when you are ready to "O

pen House"? :good:

_________________________________________________________________________________________

After 2 weeks of stopping work, my ID is finally going to start work again... My hubby said they brought up lotsa stuff yesterday. Today they are gg to put up my false ceiling! Yaay!:good:! So excited.... End of March, here I come! :~:good::bangwall:

We have signed with this ID from Promax. Anyone heard of this company? Gonna collect keys on the 28th Feb so will definitely let you know when can come and see see look look. But my unit's the meagre 75 type. Whats yours? :good:

Hi Wildreds,

Sorry for the late response. Guess u should have figured it where to submit the list. Anyway you can submit the defect list to the Branch Service Centre. All the best :~

No problem M&Ms! Already submitted the defects list should be ok..would they informed me once they have rectified it?

Aircon man going to install aircon tom liao. But my wife and i dont have time to go down to supervise at all. :bangwall:

My quote is about 29k. Did the basic things like Homo tiles, kitchen cabinate, hacking of walls for bed room 2 for walk in wardrobe, overlay of wall and floor tiles for one toilet, TV console, feature wall to hide the bomb shelter with build in shoe rack, and a customize L shape sofa set that cost 2.4K (still considering about this item), some wall paper for living room and main bed room etc..

I thing 29k is probably fair price to pay for such stuff.

The most expensive qoute so far; A massive 38K from whiteboard design at noble house for pretty much the same item. Thats expensive.

Hi Alex......

My quotation is also about 29K. Wanted a similar hacking of walls in BR2 & BR3 to have a wardrobe ( for MBR ) and a glass wall respectively. My ID quoted the following : PE endorsement for hacking = $600, Hacking of walls ( he said Blk79 has designated hackers ) = $700, and ( now read this ) Haulage = $900 ??:dunno:!

Wow....that's alot just for haulage. I can accept the endorsement & hacking charges but the haulage charge is exorbitant ! Any comments? Anyone?? :jawdrop:

Hi Alex......

My quotation is also about 29K. Wanted a similar hacking of walls in BR2 & BR3 to have a wardrobe ( for MBR ) and a glass wall respectively. My ID quoted the following : PE endorsement for hacking = $600, Hacking of walls ( he said Blk79 has designated hackers ) = $700, and ( now read this ) Haulage = $900 ??:dunno:!

Wow....that's alot just for haulage. I can accept the endorsement & hacking charges but the haulage charge is exorbitant ! Any comments? Anyone?? :jawdrop:

Hi PE endorsement doesn't cost so much. You ask your ID 1st, why is the PE fees $700?

Most of us here did between $400-$500 only fyi. Must Ask. Tell him you know the rate.

for ur infor,i hack the wall between mbr and the adjacent bedroom to make walk in wardrobe too.

depending how much wall u hacked, mineis almost an L-shaped which cost $680 just on the hacking.

if urs hacked is a small door opening should be even cheaper.

Edited by tension_z

Hi Alex......

Hi TPYL06

Haulage is about correct. It's the cost charged by HDB. The rates are displayed at the lift lobby. We did discuss about it sometime back. It's different pricing for 4 roomers & 5 roomers.

There is also a removal of debris cost charged by the town council.

Maybe someone can refresh the info.

Hi Alex......

My quotation is also about 29K. Wanted a similar hacking of walls in BR2 & BR3 to have a wardrobe ( for MBR ) and a glass wall respectively. My ID quoted the following : PE endorsement for hacking = $600, Hacking of walls ( he said Blk79 has designated hackers ) = $700, and ( now read this ) Haulage = $900 ??:dancingqueen:!

Wow....that's alot just for haulage. I can accept the endorsement & hacking charges but the haulage charge is exorbitant ! Any comments? Anyone?? :~

Hi TPYL06,

the PEis a bit high. mine is $400. blk 79 do not have a designated hackers. my id got their hacker costing around $500 to hack off walls between mbr and 2nd bdrm + a bit between 2nd bdrm and 3rd bdrm + a bit between 3rd bdrm and the living rm.

as for haulage, it's a fix charge by HDB depending on the flate type. mine is 5 rm, so its $1100, pay direct to the haulage company designated by HDB. not my id.

Hi,

i'm going to use induction cooker - in fact just brought 2 yesterday with 2 metal pot and 2 craypot foc.

still have not use it as it's for new house so don't know whether it's good or not.

Hi Redcrystal,

Thanks, by the way what make you considered Induction to other cookers?

Mine is more or less to do away with

i) Not going to cook alot

ii) Remove the hassle of having to many bills

iii) safer than conventional cookers ( to a certain extend)

iv) Maintenance is much easier

my biggest concern actually is from WTB, safety ( as will it have any side effects coz cook by magnetic waves converted to heat. )

Whats yours?

Thanks for your sharing.

Hi all

Juz wanna share regarding storage heater. Actually I regretted getting storage heater. Everytime I want to bathe, I need to make sure the heater is turn on. The problem is the switch is at the kitchen.

Also it takes a while for hot water to travel thru the pipe. Initial 1/2 pail of cold water is wasted. I think if you need warm water at all taps or bathtub, then u need storage heater.

U might want to consider installing instance heater instead.

Anyone with storage heater has the same problem as me ?

Edited by alister

Hi Sci10109

Congrats! Yayy! Have you sourced for your ID yet? Can we go kaypoh your flat when you are ready to "O

pen House"? :notti:

_________________________________________________________________________________________

After 2 weeks of stopping work, my ID is finally going to start work again... My hubby said they brought up lotsa stuff yesterday. Today they are gg to put up my false ceiling! Yaay!:~! So excited.... End of March, here I come! :dunno::yamseng::unsure:

We have signed with this ID from Promax. Anyone heard of this company? Gonna collect keys on the 28th Feb so will definitely let you know when can come and see see look look. But my unit's the meagre 75 type. Whats yours? :yamseng:

My flat's a 5 rm flat. And my Id's *****. (^_^)

Hi all

Juz wanna share regarding storage heater. Actually I regretted getting storage heater. Everytime I want to bath, I need to make sure the heater is turn on. The problem is the switch is at the kitchen.

Also it takes a while for hot water to travel thru the pipe. Initial 1/2 pail of cold water is wasted. I think if you need warm water at all taps, then u need storage heater.

U might want to consider installing instance heater install.

Anyone with storage heater has the same problem as me ?

Geez...this was what I was afraid of and deliberated for a very long while before getting a storage heater. This is mainly coz I have a bathtub.

But I was told the water remains luke warm even after 10 hours, so you need to switch on only once a day?

Geez...this was what I was afraid of and deliberated for a very long while before getting a storage heater. This is mainly coz I have a bathtub.

But I was told the water remains luke warm even after 10 hours, so you need to switch on only once a day?

Hey Mapleleaf,

bathtub :unsure:

Can i now how much u r quoted ->

- bathtub support using hollow block c/w tile finish ?

- labour to install bathtub ?

- how much is e bathtub ? Details ?

:dunno:

Hi Redcrystal,

Thanks, by the way what make you considered Induction to other cookers?

Mine is more or less to do away with

i) Not going to cook alot

ii) Remove the hassle of having to many bills

iii) safer than conventional cookers ( to a certain extend)

iv) Maintenance is much easier

my biggest concern actually is from WTB, safety ( as will it have any side effects coz cook by magnetic waves converted to heat. )

Whats yours?

Thanks for your sharing.

main reason is due to my chef (aka mom) wants it. :unsure:

actually it's more due to it being more safer than conventional cookers, as old folk tends to be forgetful and clumsy.

as for the side effects by magnetic waves, tis i have no idea but then it should not be worse than microwaves oven right?

anyway thanks for the magnetic waves info, will look into tis.

main reason is due to my chef (aka mom) wants it. :unsure:

actually it's more due to it being more safer than conventional cookers, as old folk tends to be forgetful and clumsy.

as for the side effects by magnetic waves, tis i have no idea but then it should not be worse than microwaves oven right?

anyway thanks for the magnetic waves info, will look into tis.

Electrical bill will go up?.. :dunno:

Hi Pooh_75

No prob! Once reno's completed, I'll let you know and you can come up to kaypoh k? :furious:

Hi Tippy

My ID is Mr Lee Chi Ho from OrangeCube. Am so far very happy with him. But his things wld be on the pricier side. But I suppose tt's what one wld pay for pretty good workmanship (at least seems good to me lah). :furious:

Hi Zanie98

ID who contacted me is also the same fella. He did mention tat he has done some units at Blk 79 and will bring me to see one later. If he is more expensive but quality is good, then its worth it. Will be seeing him this Sat for a discussion.