Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Electrical bill will go up?.. :furious:

Hi Redwyrm,

Electrical bills will only go up if you use the cooker loh..

the upside I think was the elimination of running gas pipes. safety for children, no flame and more efficient that conventional ones, easier to maintain. dun have those yellowish thing appear under the cooker in the long run

of coz the downside is no elect no cooking, cooking wares are special in the market maybe more expensive.

I am still contemplating will go around look see, saw a promoter at taka selling induction cooking wares and cookers.. only 1 cooker pot.

I think can keep one those steamboat type conventional cookers around just in case bah..

I see can gather more info the market.. esp $$$ of the cooker.

How much you bought yours Redcrystal?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Tippy

Congrats ! Juz wanna answer a very small part of ur qns. U dun have to worry abt light switches as ur electrician will work on it when u carry out ur reno.

Zanie is using OrangeCube.

I have a portable T5 florenscent tube to lend out. If ur hse does not have lights yet as juz started renovating, u can borrow from me.

Its a very old one that plug into wall power socket. Can also help u to test all ur wall power sockets.

Hi Alister

Tks much for the offer. Will remember if need lights for my hse. I think I went to yr hse before to look at yr reno.. very nicely done up. Will be talking to Summit Design as well. You did quite alot of reno and all in, under 29k. Quite reasonable leh. Is their only problem being slow in their works?

For testing of switches, someone suggested using those plugs that light up when turn on. Dunno why neber think of that before.

for the switch, you can use those multi plug that comes with light indicator. when turn on, the red light indicator will lit up.

Hi hi

Brillant idea... dunno why neber think of this before. Thanks so much.

Hi Zanie98

ID who contacted me is also the same fella. He did mention tat he has done some units at Blk 79 and will bring me to see one later. If he is more expensive but quality is good, then its worth it. Will be seeing him this Sat for a discussion.

Hi Tippy

Hmm... If he's bringing you to see one of his projects, then he may be bringing u over to my hse... Coz all of a sudden, his guys seem to be working quite fast to put in lots of things... hehehe..... I think purpose is to show his potential customers? :bangwall:

Hi Redwyrm,

Electrical bills will only go up if you use the cooker loh..

accordingly to the promoter, 1hr 20cents (have asked a few promoter on this).

the upside I think was the elimination of running gas pipes. safety for children, no flame and more efficient that conventional ones, easier to maintain. dun have those yellowish thing appear under the cooker in the long run

wow, you really consider alot leh.

of coz the downside is no elect no cooking, cooking wares are special in the market maybe more expensive.

cooking wares requirement are 1) flat base 2) must be magnetic else the pot will not be heated.

I am still contemplating will go around look see, saw a promoter at taka selling induction cooking wares and cookers.. only 1 cooker pot.

I think can keep one those steamboat type conventional cookers around just in case bah..

if just getting for steamboat, any type of induction cooker will do.

but if daily cooking, then get a better type - those tat tahan long cooking.

I see can gather more info the market.. esp $$$ of the cooker.

How much you bought yours Redcrystal?

at robinson it's $198, brought mine $188 @ Audio (free 1metal pot and 1craypot - tis free craypot can be used on the induction cooker).

all promotional price.

No problem M&Ms! Already submitted the defects list should be ok..would they informed me once they have rectified it?

Aircon man going to install aircon tom liao. But my wife and i dont have time to go down to supervise at all. :wub:

Hi Wildreds,

They called me last time but I think that is because I shoot a complain letter to HDB on the delay in their rectification. One way is to call the building service centre directly to check the status. I dun have the number with me right now but U can try calling HDB/ customer service officer to find out the service centre number. U can logon to HDB website to find out ur CS contact number.

Hmm, think you should try to make time down this weekend to check out if the pipes are installed properly? Have they installed the cooler already? If so, u should run it to check if it is leaking. Alternatively u can ask ur ID to help u check. Anyway that is part of their service anyway.

Hi all

Juz wanna share regarding storage heater. Actually I regretted getting storage heater. Everytime I want to bathe, I need to make sure the heater is turn on. The problem is the switch is at the kitchen.

Also it takes a while for hot water to travel thru the pipe. Initial 1/2 pail of cold water is wasted. I think if you need warm water at all taps or bathtub, then u need storage heater.

U might want to consider installing instance heater instead.

Anyone with storage heater has the same problem as me ?

Hi Alister,

I do think I have the same problem as you. The hot water seems to take some time to travel through the pipe.

Hi Alex......

My quotation is also about 29K. Wanted a similar hacking of walls in BR2 & BR3 to have a wardrobe ( for MBR ) and a glass wall respectively. My ID quoted the following : PE endorsement for hacking = $600, Hacking of walls ( he said Blk79 has designated hackers ) = $700, and ( now read this ) Haulage = $900 ??:wub:!

Wow....that's alot just for haulage. I can accept the endorsement & hacking charges but the haulage charge is exorbitant ! Any comments? Anyone?? :dancingqueen:

Hi TpyLo6,

Haulage for 5 room is $1100. 4 room should be slightly cheaper. I believe ur lift lobby should have the rate. Besides that, town council debris fee is about $188 for 5 room. 4 room should have a cheaper rate.

Your PE fee seems a bit ex. Is it because u r hacking 2 walls?

Yes, i do agree that the storage water heater is bull****:unsure:!

After this one, I will buy instant water heater and never ever buy storage water heater again. Even if it is free, i will not install it.

Basically i think the reasons are :

- there is no pipe insulation from the heater to the toilet within the wall.

- the amount of cool water contain within the pipe from the heater to the toilet before you get warm water. Half a pail.

- it takes some times to heat up that volume of cool water, depending on how many litre water heater you buy.

- you have to get to the kitchen to switch it ON. Strange design that it doesn't bath, that's why put the switch so far away.

Up to you to decide. Just giving you a piece of my mind.

Anyway, Happy Chinese New Year. See you in Youth Olympics when I wakes up. wu liao.

: zz :

Hey neighbours,

2 my understanding, both e Instant Heater & Storage Heater works abt e same.

Instant Heater ->

- install at kitchen.

- cold water supply frm PUB main.

- wen heater is turn on, heating mechanism in heater transform e cold water supply 2 warm water in a split of seconds.

- warm water then travels frm heater 2 outlets (taps at various locations).

- warm water wil take a while 2 reach e tap which is at far end (master bathrm).

- b4 e warm water reaches e far end outlet, cold water which is oleady in e pipe wil definitely b dispense 1st.

- e pipe length frm e heater 2 e far end outlet wil determine e amount of cold water 2b dispense b4 warm water cums out, which is abt half a pail of cold water.

- dis process carry-on until e heater is turn off. No more making of warm water.

- 2 have more warm water, e heater is turn on again & e whole process repeats.

Storage Heater ->

- install at kitchen or bathroom.

- wen heater is turn on, heating mechanism in heater transform e cold water supply 2 warm water in a split of seconds.

- warm water wil take a while 2 reach e tap which is at far end (master bathrm or kitchen vice versa).

- b4 e warm water reaches e far end outlet, cold water which is oleady in e pipe wil definitely b dispense 1st.

- e pipe length frm e heater 2 e far end outlet wil determine e amount of cold water 2b dispense b4 warm water cums out, which is abt half a pail of cold water.

- dis process carry-on until e heater is turn off. No more making of warm water. But due 2 its capacity (eg. 5L or 10L), it can store warm water in it.

- e volume of warm water in e storage is sufficient for normal usage without turning on e heater a second time.

- until e capacity of warm water in storage is utilized, e heater is turn on again & e whole process repeats.

Wah i write til i olso blur. Nebermind, i oleady turn on my storage heater liao. zz

:unsure:

Hey neighbours,

If 1 application gota pay $10, then it wil b $10 x 10240 = $102,400 collected in total :help:

This is on-top of e recent increase in selling price :unsure:

zz

2 day i heard another gossip, they said e gossip above was only partially rite. :P

- In e recent balloting exercise (feb08), can see frm e nos. of applications dat e TPY flats were highly sought after.

- Dat means, during e previous balloting exercise (aug05), most likely e flats were all booked & chosen.

- If dats e case, how 2 explain e availabilty of e current 103 nos. of unit?

- Most likely, e units were chosen. A option fee of $2000 was being paid 2 booked e unit.

- Subsequently, due 2 unforeseen circumstances, e selected units were given up.

- e paid option fee of $2000 were olso forfeited. (never return 2 applicant)

Now, dis is e real gossip -> :notti:

- current available units in TPY 79 = 103

- option fee = $2000

- Total amount of forfeited monies = 103 x $2000 = $206,000

- B4 e units were being sold, e gain = $102,400 + $206,000 = $308,400

e amount is sufficient 2 buy another new flat or mayb 2.

:)

Hey neighbours,

2 my understanding, both e Instant Heater & Storage Heater works abt e same.

Instant Heater ->

- install at kitchen.

- warm water wil take a while 2 reach e tap which is at far end (master bathrm).

- dis process carry-on until e heater is turn off. No more making of warm water.

- 2 have more warm water, e heater is turn on again & e whole process repeats.

Storage Heater ->

- install at kitchen or bathroom.

- warm water wil take a while 2 reach e tap which is at far end (master bathrm or kitchen vice versa).

- dis process carry-on until e heater is turn off. No more making of warm water. But due 2 its capacity (eg. 5L or 10L), it can store warm water in it.

- e volume of warm water in e storage is sufficient for normal usage without turning on e heater a second time.

- until e capacity of warm water in storage is utilized, e heater is turn on again & e whole process repeats.

Wah i write til i olso blur. Nebermind, i oleady turn on my storage heater liao. :)

:bangwall:

Jacky, I think u really write until blur.

Storage heater is correct, install at kitchen. Instant heater is install in the bathroom, so no such problem compare to storage heater lah.

Yes, i do agree that the storage water heater is bull****:bangwall:!

After this one, I will buy instant water heater and never ever buy storage water heater again. Even if it is free, i will not install it.

Basically i think the reasons are :

- there is no pipe insulation from the heater to the toilet within the wall.

- the amount of cool water contain within the pipe from the heater to the toilet before you get warm water. Half a pail.

- it takes some times to heat up that volume of cool water, depending on how many litre water heater you buy.

- you have to get to the kitchen to switch it ON. Strange design that it doesn't bath, that's why put the switch so far away.

Up to you to decide. Just giving you a piece of my mind.

Anyway, Happy Chinese New Year. See you in Youth Olympics when I wakes up. wu liao.

: :) :

so for instant heater, i need to have 1 set per toilet right??? i'm using instant heater for now so never know of the cons of storage heater...if based on the above feedback, i think i will go for instant heater already...

2 day i heard another gossip, they said e gossip above was only partially rite. :yamseng:

- In e recent balloting exercise (feb08), can see frm e nos. of applications dat e TPY flats were highly sought after.

- Dat means, during e previous balloting exercise (aug05), most likely e flats were all booked & chosen.

- If dats e case, how 2 explain e availabilty of e current 103 nos. of unit?

- Most likely, e units were chosen. A option fee of $2000 was being paid 2 booked e unit.

- Subsequently, due 2 unforeseen circumstances, e selected units were given up.

- e paid option fee of $2000 were olso forfeited. (never return 2 applicant)

Now, dis is e real gossip -> :)

- current available units in TPY 79 = 103

- option fee = $2000

- Total amount of forfeited monies = 103 x $2000 = $206,000

- B4 e units were being sold, e gain = $102,400 + $206,000 = $308,400

e amount is sufficient 2 buy another new flat or mayb 2.

:bangwall:

Hey, jaCKY777. I took out my S$2000 a month after my very 1st meeting with HDB in 2005. So I think the S$2000 won't be forfeited, only the S$10.

Hi all

Juz wanna share regarding storage heater. Actually I regretted getting storage heater. Everytime I want to bathe, I need to make sure the heater is turn on. The problem is the switch is at the kitchen.

Also it takes a while for hot water to travel thru the pipe. Initial 1/2 pail of cold water is wasted. I think if you need warm water at all taps or bathtub, then u need storage heater.

U might want to consider installing instance heater instead.

Anyone with storage heater has the same problem as me ?

As posted earlier, I do have a problem waiting for the warm water to travel to the outlets in the toilets initially. But it is really a matter of getting used to it. After using the heater for almost 3 months now, this is really not an issue anymore.

- Half a pail of water is really not a lot, by the time we finish with washing our hands and feet after we got home, the warm water has already travelled to the taps!

Not forgetting that there are other advanatages too:

- Water output is stronger when warm and cold water is mixed. So, the shower is more shoik!

- Can also access warm water at more than one outlet. Remember, its not just the bathroom showers, but also the taps at your bathroom sinks and kitchen too!

- *Based on our usage, we are also not seeing any sudden rise in electricity bill (compared to using the instant heaters last time).

*Usually we would try to leave the switch off. We will only on it in the morning, off it when we leave house, and then in the evening when we are home and then off it before going to sleep. Once you are used to this habit, the heater will always have enough time to heat up so that warm water is always available when you most need it.

Jacky, I think u really write until blur.

Storage heater is correct, install at kitchen. Instant heater is install in the bathroom, so no such problem compare to storage heater lah.

i tink he referred to gas instant heater.. the free 1 frm citygas.. that is also a instant heater but only install 1 unit in the kitchen where next to the window..

As posted earlier, I do have a problem waiting for the warm water to travel to the outlets in the toilets initially. But it is really a matter of getting used to it. After using the heater for almost 3 months now, this is really not an issue anymore.

- Half a pail of water is really not a lot, by the time we finish with washing our hands and feet after we got home, the warm water has already travelled to the taps!

Not forgetting that there are other advanatages too:

- Water output is stronger when warm and cold water is mixed. So, the shower is more shoik!

- Can also access warm water at more than one outlet. Remember, its not just the bathroom showers, but also the taps at your bathroom sinks and kitchen too!

- *Based on our usage, we are also not seeing any sudden rise in electricity bill (compared to using the instant heaters last time).

*Usually we would try to leave the switch off. We will only on it in the morning, off it when we leave house, and then in the evening when we are home and then off it before going to sleep. Once you are used to this habit, the heater will always have enough time to heat up so that warm water is always available when you most need it.

Hi Mitch

I guess as humans, we will adapt eventually. Each has own advantages & disadvantages. For me, I didn't install mixer at kitchen and bathroom sinks, plus no bathtub so I see no advantages for me.

So for the rest who have not purchase any heater yet, pls understand ur needs & usage patterns.

Signing off on this topic.

i tink he referred to gas instant heater.. the free 1 frm citygas.. that is also a instant heater but only install 1 unit in the kitchen where next to the window..

Then I think he is correct. Forgot abt the free one from citygas. Sorry for the misunderstanding.