Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

ya alister....how we envy you...u have a million dollar view and most importantly its soooo windy....

anyway went to check on my reno...im impressed by my designer for now...hope it stays that way..wet works done flooring up...im soooo excited. most importantly im soo happy that he's honest abt some things and help me save cost and get cheaperPE fees and cheaper haulage fee...which i thought will be much more expensive as im hacking the L shape wall in the master bedroom...(hehe not really sure if anyone got cheaper rates mayb im just being naive)...

seems like my neighbour opp yet to move in...*wonder who my neighbours are*

Liana79B, how much are u charged for the PE fees? wow u are really fast, already started work..

Think I got my keys earlier than u but I'm still discussing some details with my ID and yet to

confirm my final layout. :notti:

But I will start real soon :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Coco Mybibi,

I am intending to get a home theatre set at KEC at adelphi. It comes with recommendation from my wife's brother, bro-in-law and my fren. I had checked out their home theatre sets and it is not bad. u might wanna pop by in the shop... think they might give more expert opinions in home theatre sets. there are also other shops in adelphi so u can ask around to get a better idea on the kind of home theatre sets u looking for.

Hi M&M,

Which brand you are getting? You have any idea the shops at adelphi close around what time?

For the benefit of those who have not seen the rest... better than govt official photos :jawdrop:

selamatiz7.th.jpg

Before I moved in, I heard many rumors that the heartland shops in front of Blk79 (or shall we start to call it Central Horizon now...) will be demolished in 5 years time to make way for new developments - among which is a pedestrian mall where the main road used to be. The source for these rumours came from housing agents and even from some of the operators of the heartland shops. I was quite concerned then as it would mean noise and air pollution in the years ahead.

However, this morning as I was having breakfast at the Food Park, I suddenly took notice of the big Upgrading notice in front of the Blk177 Goreng Pisang Coffeshop. It must have been there for a while already, but for some reason, I have never paid much attention to it. The big signage listed several blocks slated for the upgrading, but the polling date is still left empty. Has anyone seen this before? Does this means that the shops won't be torn down anymore??? :)

Hi Gadgetman

Yep. The shophouses and flats will never be torn down coz according to my ID (who used to be an architect in HDB), these flats are designed by the chief architect then and will be preserved as part of the heritage buildings.

My mum is staying in one of the flats and the plans for those flats are upgrading and building of lifts for the blocks. She's not yet informed of the polling date but it is in the pipeline. (^_^)

For the benefit of those who have not seen the rest... better than govt official photos :notti:

selamatiz7.th.jpg

Hi,

Nice pictures u have got there.... talk about the devil, recieved an MMS from M1 asking us to keep a lookout for Mas... Now the garmen making their problem our problem... :bow:

Edited by Pooh_75

Saw on news yest there is a reward of $8888 put out by a company asking for his whereabout.

I personally think this reward shld come out from MP Wong's KS pocket in the tune of $250,000. Sure will make quite a number of people take leave to hunt for him.

hi. anyone looking for part time cleaner? my part time cleaner asking me to help her to check whether anybody interested to engage her service.. im paying her $10 per hr. anybody interested, please PM me.

hi. anyone looking for part time cleaner? my part time cleaner asking me to help her to check whether anybody interested to engage her service.. im paying her $10 per hr. anybody interested, please PM me.

hi yingsan

yeah im looking for a part time cleaner once reno is completed...pls pm me her contact..Thks!!

Hi all

PC Show starts tomorrow 6th (thurs) till 9th Sun. If u are looking to get good deals for plasma & LCD TV, do go on the last hour on the last day. You will get very good deal.

Saw on news yest there is a reward of $8888 put out by a company asking for his whereabout.

I personally think this reward shld come out from MP Wong's KS pocket in the tune of $250,000. Sure will make quite a number of people take leave to hunt for him.

Hi Alister,

As spoken the other time, I personally feel that as the head of a ministry, he should answer for the lapses in security and the incident.

As a developed country, Singapore should be no exception from other countries. How do they expect us to respect the system if they just gonna "tai-chi" the whole incident to some low ranking staff. :bow:

Below is what i call setting a good example, taking responsibility and answering to citibank's shareholders. Likewise, I think he owe us, taxpayers an answer for his ministry's action.

"On April 11, 2007, the parent Citi announce the following staff cuts and relocations.[6] On 4th November, 2007, Charles "Chuck" Prince quit as the chairman and chief executive of Citigroup, following crisis meetings with the board in New York in the wake of billions of dollars in losses related to subprime lending. "

Maybe his paycheck too fat already.... so tai-chi to save backside and fat bonus... haha :notti:

Edited by Pooh_75

Starhub rewards for hub members

Sony Home Theatre System worth $499 (StarHub Rewards Points + $399 inclusive of GST)

Model: DAV-DZ150K

-Specifications:850W Total Power Output

-Digital Cinema Auto Calibration (D.C.A.C)

-S-Master Digital Amplifier

-S-DIAT Wireless Ready

-Karaoke Key Control and Scoring Function

-One-year warranty

Hi all

PC Show starts tomorrow 6th (thurs) till 9th Sun. If u are looking to get good deals for plasma & LCD TV, do go on the last hour on the last day. You will get very good deal.

I will be going there tomorrow during lunch time to check out the price and will only purcase it on sunday.. :rofl: Hopefully, until then they still have stocks available.

:dancingqueen:

Edited by Redwyrm

Liana79B, how much are u charged for the PE fees? wow u are really fast, already started work..

Think I got my keys earlier than u but I'm still discussing some details with my ID and yet to

confirm my final layout. :rofl:

But I will start real soon :dancingqueen:

we started sourcing for ID before collecting keys...so that reno cld start as soon as keys collected. and now i cant wait for the reno to complete...

anyway the PE fees is $450 for the L shape wall...not sure if its a good rate...or normal rate.

Is she good and reliable? Any minimum hours required and which days/time are available?