Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

i got an offer to buy a brand new 40" LCD TV- Samsung (HD READY) ... sleek shiny black LCD @ $1380...do u think its a good buy? OR I cld actually get at this price anywer....cos he said this price i cant get at other place....he's wkg for one of the big electronic store...pls advise anyone??? :dancingqueen:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Gadgetman

Yep. The shophouses and flats will never be torn down coz according to my ID (who used to be an architect in HDB), these flats are designed by the chief architect then and will be preserved as part of the heritage buildings.

My mum is staying in one of the flats and the plans for those flats are upgrading and building of lifts for the blocks. She's not yet informed of the polling date but it is in the pipeline. (^_^)

Ha! I should have thought of checking with you directly in the first place. Forgot that you are staying there...

This is really good news, it will be a shame to tear down those buildings. Toa Payoh will never be the same without them...as in the case for the Seafood Restaurant building and the famous tower in the TPY garden. About the restaurant, my mum's said that she read in the Wan Bao that a Taiwan Porridge Restaurant will be operating there soon. Anyone can confirm?

Here's a nostalgic moment...that's the library under construction and the shophouses in the background. Photo must be taken around the late 1960s

TPYLibrary.jpg

Edited by gadgetman

i got an offer to buy a brand new 40" LCD TV- Samsung (HD READY) ... sleek shiny black LCD @ $1380...do u think its a good buy? OR I cld actually get at this price anywer....cos he said this price i cant get at other place....he's wkg for one of the big electronic store...pls advise anyone??? :rofl:

Wah! I think its a good buy! Does he have 1 more set to sell to me? (^_^) :dancingqueen:

Blk 79A

sushibabe, sha08ron, justnoop, rickyer8, coco_mybibi, apple68, soudezne, poohnie23, HarryP, whiteboxer, Skywu, Shivan, Darkwing, cece, TPY, rachel79, euph0bear, alexneock, Krismas

Blk 79B

bonkitty, twotwobravo, jen t, carelinwen & craB, Slog, gui99, Redhat, janicezuzu, will&pet, REDCRYSTAL, joelex, rofffade, lcylim, Ptro, Liana79B, Yeoman, Wildreds2

Blk 79C

doremi, humster / nancy, meowie49, Bethel, Derrick, Stardust, almonddust, M&M, strawberry_pear, Platonic1, joesphine, zanie98, gadgetman, nakazoru, sdale, Isabelle

BLk 79D

Yel, yingsan, droplets, Ikoice, pink_sea79, Zeester, Mario, Snuffleupagus, tension_z, rainbow04, alister, ms_white, shay_d, dino, xinni, tweakmax, aural, pregopia, a_star, Zincy, Seaswirl

Blk 79E

Mapleleaf, hobbes, axis, Happy, kiwy, Darry, Skyblueie, Ebing & Chrispy, marklim, jaCKY777, meepok, babymaro2003

(Somehow cannot quote, so resort to cut and paste.)

Hi

Can I check wat is the model no. for the Samusung LCD?

Maybe can compare price at IT show to see if it is indeed cheaper ? :notti:

Hi Bonkitty

I would also have asked the same question. What is the model no ? This will allow us to check if new or old model.

Blk 79A

sushibabe, sha08ron,rickyer8, coco_mybibi, apple68, soudezne, poohnie23, HarryP, whiteboxer, Skywu, Shivan, Darkwing, cece, TPY, rachel79, euph0bear, alexneock, Krismas

Blk 79B

bonkitty, twotwobravo, jen t, carelinwen & craB, Slog, gui99, Redhat, janicezuzu, will&pet, REDCRYSTAL, joelex, rofffade, lcylim, Ptro, Liana79B, Yeoman, Wildreds2

Blk 79C

doremi, humster / nancy, meowie49, Bethel, Derrick, Stardust, almonddust, M&M, strawberry_pear, Platonic1, joesphine, zanie98, gadgetman, nakazoru, sdale, Isabelle

BLk 79D

Yel, yingsan, droplets, Ikoice, pink_sea79, Zeester, Mario, Snuffleupagus, tension_z, rainbow04, alister, ms_white, shay_d, dino, xinni, tweakmax, aural, pregopia, a_star, Zincy, Seaswirl

Blk 79E

Mapleleaf, hobbes, axis, Happy, kiwy, Darry, Skyblueie, Ebing & Chrispy, marklim, jaCKY777, meepok, babymaro2003

(Somehow cannot quote, so resort to cut and paste.)

Took of my nick from the list ...cos flat should be cancelled by now. :bleah:

would love to have a chance to stay in tpy in future. :notti:

Hi Bonkitty

I would also have asked the same question. What is the model no ? This will allow us to check if new or old model.

me oso interested to kw..... :notti:

Hi Tweakmax,

As reported earlier, the increase could simply be due to unrealistic estimated meter readings for the earlier months. When the actual reading comes in, the bill will naturally shoot up due to the necessary adjustments to reflect the actual usage. You will probably want to stick to your normal usage pattern and wait out for the next 1 - 2 months to have a more realistic picture.

I jumped when i saw my $300 bill in February and immediately stopped using the dryer! But then I realised that this will only skew the readings for the next month...so now back to normal usage...

Could it be SPSERVICES estimated higher for the month of february becoz of CNY?

My mother-in-law living in bishan also has her bill DOUBLED.

Blk 79A

sushibabe, sha08ron,rickyer8, coco_mybibi, apple68, soudezne, poohnie23, HarryP, whiteboxer, Skywu, Shivan, Darkwing, cece, TPY, rachel79, euph0bear, alexneock, Krismas

Blk 79B

bonkitty, twotwobravo, jen t, carelinwen & craB, Slog, gui99, Redhat, janicezuzu, will&pet, REDCRYSTAL, joelex, rofffade, lcylim, Ptro, Liana79B, Yeoman, Wildreds2, Mrs_Png

Blk 79C

BLk 79D

Blk 79E

Hi Mrs Png,

I'm also from Blk B unit 19, I am still looking for ID. I approached Ideal house for quote but have not met up for further discussion yet. Can you share your quote with me?

I'm planning to overlay both toilets, kitchen floor and maybe even kitchen wall. Those ID I approached have quoted me 26-30K but with minimal carpenty (no feature walls). I think the quotes are not very cheap and want to compare around.

Also are you planning to install aircon? Is it very hard to run the trunking due to the beams?

Hi all,

I GOT MY KEYS!:notti:!:rofl:!:notti:!:notti: !! Yday, after all the signing.

Got the see my Home to be. Small but nice little place.

Not much of defects tho. Only some dents and main grill unable to open after unlatching

Haven sign up with SP tho. Was thinking of waiting till the defects and things done then sign.. Maybe I will sign later on saturday. to check the leaking.

Very little Blk A pple. That day when I went up din see any neighbours from the 7th flr. Sad :-( hope to meet up.

All the seniors here, I got problem when I saw the door. ESP. toilet. Alamak open fully and kena the show screen in the future abit bo liao. Any one did bi-fold ones or other alternatives?

of Redcrystal, April to wait ah.. can lah.. no problem. I wont be moving in and buying my stuff until June.

Wait for your review on induction cooking. Heard from my friend there are new utensil coming out that can be use for induction.

Oh, went to the sky garden too to do my defects. Nice airy. but din see any BBQ pit.

Hoppe to meet up one day

GO GO GO 79ers!8|

hey hey, those going IT show, can help post updated prices of LCD TV here?

Thanks in advance.

Hi tension_z,

Which brand are you looking at? I will try to post the price later.

!!