Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Sorry I'm not into MJ or bowling... but I like cycling... :unsure:

Anyway a while back some ppl were asking about the edges of cabinet doors. Well today I saw mine for the very first time, not even installed (carpentry just started). So here's what mine look like:

ytvkwl.jpg

Another photo just for seeseelooklook: the view from the sky garden

ytvkwm.jpg

I also like taking photos...

Hey nice panoramic view! :thumbs up:

Did you notice that the sky garden is in a sorry state? Maybe the cleaners have not cleaned up the place, but there were rubbish strewn all over and around the bins, graffiti on the tables, broken styrofoam boards thrown in the corner, etc. Also noticed lots of students using the area to play the fool... burning stuffs even! Definitely not studying for sure! I suspect there maybe even some hanky panky going on at night! :jawdrop:

hi hi,

TV question. sounds dumb.

I know this has been discussed before, can't seem to find the thread.

may i know do I need to call up starhub for activate cable TV if I do not intend to subscribe to scv?

any activation fee involved? heard from some that it can be waive off?

any idea?

Hi Tension,

I believe if you're not subscribing to SCV Cable TV channels, then don't need to activate the point. That's what I heard from BonKitty... she said even then, you can "activate" the point yourself! :dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wah never say anything abt drillings on weekends. guess i got no case.

another question for original enbloc owners: do you change your window rivets to the stainless steel one as required by law before you return the flats to hdb? i am returning my flat soon, and hdb officer they wont take it back if they found that the windows rivets are not changed. i was like..aiyo, going to demolish the blocks already still have to spend $$ to change to the rivets just to return the flat to them..what a waste of $$ and no rationale at all. :dunno:

for the window rivets - yes, confirmed must change !!

agreed with u - gg to demolish why still need to change the rivets - waste my money :furious:

especially window is solid and sturdy.

after shifting in very tired so just arrange to change, no mood to reason with them.

changed mine 2 weeks ago - cost me $100.

pls remember to ask yr contractor to give u the form b with all his particulars filled.

this very important as hdb want tis form when u handover.

Another photo just for seeseelooklook: the view from the sky garden

ytvkwm.jpg

I also like taking photos...

w....o.....w...... tat's b..e..a..u..t..i..f..u..l.. :good::dribble:

isiz u do stitching? :notti:

Hi jacky and dracula,

sorry for "flying kite" yesterday... was sick and in bed whole day... wanna go see the installation of TV also cant climb out of bed... 39 degree.. Feel like dying... :(:(

Meowie,

I regularly polish about every 4-5 months so have tried a few dentist in central, you can try Q&M (got 2 branches, one across the street, the other near KFC). My favourite dentist is Dr Stephen Khor, he's ard on Sundays at KFC branch only; second choice is Dr Ng Jit Wei. My hubby also okay with them, so now i only look for either of these 2.

Never go for one called Winston or something like that that starts with 'W'... I think I encounter this guy twice at diff clinics in TPY about 6 years apart; I noticed his style is to polish until you bleed then push you to buy the antiseptic mouthwash.

Thanks for the info, carelinwen. :D

babymaro,

no. only replaced the obvious uneven ones. the hollow tiles about 6 pcs, insert chemical

toppie,

i havent get bombshelter racks, yes we can get together and ask for a bulk discount.

who else want to join in?

toppie, u r calling right? i saw some ad outide the life, wonder are those reliable?

I heard of $160-$200+

some no need to drill, some made of metal, wood, or plastic.

what will u all go for?

Hi all,

Would like to check with u all who has done the storeroom racks. How did u all do it? Do u all do

(1) 2 racks parallel at the sides placed next to the walls OR

(2) L-shape rack

Which would be better? Would doing 2 racks parallel at the sides of the walls be cramped when we enter?

I called up one contractor whom my wife's relative looked for to do the racks in the past. Their racks are galvanized steell & the layers are also galvanized steel. Used for 8 years already & still ok. Got 4 layers & 5 layers but of course, different pricing. Their racks also standard sizing becos they have been doing for hdb flats for a long time already so they know the standard measurements.

Below is their quotation based on my measurement given to them.

51" (L) x 16" (W) x 78" (H) (4 layers) = $134; (5 layers) = $155 ===> to be placed on side w/o circuit breaker box

39" (L) x 16" (W) x 78" (H) (4 layers) = $110; (5 layers) = $124 ===> to be placed on side with circuit breaker box

For the width, they have 20" too. Based on bomb shelter measurement, 20" width is also ok. The width will then extend to almost the bomb shelter door.

If anyone is interested, i can check if got discount for mass orders. Or i can PM you all the contact. :yamseng:

Sigh!, After the repainting that day, thank god we din pay him, the skirting area is of different shade compared to the wall and the door frames were painted with uneven lines. ID said its due to the wall structure, not his painter. My hubby was quite pissed that after so many repaint, things were not done well. He called the ID. ID arranged for painter to come and repaint again. My hubby requested for repainting of that room which he did today. ID asked for payment today again. We refused, told him we want to see how the repainted result looks like.

Another thing we just realised. The storage heater which ID asked his guys to install doesnt seem to work. Got to check with him again.

I also discovered the window handle of my living room window got a deep scratch. I am quite sure the scratch wasnt there before the renovation. But no proof how it got there. Checked with HDB, they are unable to replace as we have started renovation.

We have also asked the building service centre to mend the gap in the kitchen and bathroom as we realised that the cement has came out. No extra charge. You guys may want to check your flooring again

By the way, babymaro and I will be visiting Yeoman's house tentatively set at 3pm this Sat. Anyone interested to join? We can do a mini house hopping again

Hi Toppie,

If you look at our contract under terms & conditions line no. 10, it says:

"If there is no notice given to us in writing of any such defect in workmanship or material supplied within 7 days after the hand over or the practical completion of work, the Company shall be entitled to collect the full payment from the client. Any defects works reported after this period will be covered under our 24 months warranty."

Based on my limited knowledge and understanding of the above sentence, it should mean that we have

7 days after the handover to scrutinise and report any defects during this period, and only if we do not

complain of any defect in writing , then we have to pay the last 5%.

Hence, do not get pressured into paying the full amount to your ID. You can even complain to the company

about his poor attitude and workmanship.

Yes, we are doing a mini house hopping this Sat afternoon.

I'm meeting a couple of neighbours at 2pm for house hop while waiting for Toppie & babymaro at 3pm.

Interested parties can pm me or Toppie.

:yamseng:

Hi All,

Need your expertise on the following few Qs,

1) Saw that many forumers have chosen LG full HD TV, is it superior than to SONY /SHARP??

2) what is the Mkt price of hacking down a wall + rebuilding an entrance

3) I need an original bedroom door (TPY BLK 79 type) with door knob on the left ( swing right), anyone happens to have one for sale??

Many Thanks

glenn

Hi all,

Would like to check with u all who has done the storeroom racks. How did u all do it? Do u all do

(1) 2 racks parallel at the sides placed next to the walls OR

(2) L-shape rack

Which would be better? Would doing 2 racks parallel at the sides of the walls be cramped when we enter?

I called up one contractor whom my wife's relative looked for to do the racks in the past. Their racks are galvanized steell & the layers are also galvanized steel. Used for 8 years already & still ok. Got 4 layers & 5 layers but of course, different pricing. Their racks also standard sizing becos they have been doing for hdb flats for a long time already so they know the standard measurements.

Below is their quotation based on my measurement given to them.

51" (L) x 16" (W) x 78" (H) (4 layers) = $134; (5 layers) = $155 ===> to be placed on side w/o circuit breaker box

39" (L) x 16" (W) x 78" (H) (4 layers) = $110; (5 layers) = $124 ===> to be placed on side with circuit breaker box

For the width, they have 20" too. Based on bomb shelter measurement, 20" width is also ok. The width will then extend to almost the bomb shelter door.

If anyone is interested, i can check if got discount for mass orders. Or i can PM you all the contact. :yamseng:

i might be interested. havent make a choice yet.

house hopping this sat, what time?

Hi All,

1) Saw that many forumers have chosen LG full HD TV, is it superior than to SONY /SHARP??

3) I need an original bedroom door (TPY BLK 79 type) with door knob on the left ( swing right), anyone happens to have one for sale??

Many Thanks

glenn

hi,

1) I bought LG full HD 42" TV at $1999 during a sales... heehee .... and the reason why i chose LG? coz it is cheap... hahaha... :notti: (The price of this TV had since went back to 3k +)

2) hacking wall is relatively cheap.. abt $200-500. However, if you need to hack wall, u will need PE endorsement. Engaging a PE is abt $400-600. If u hack 1 wall, u will need to engage a PE for $400-600. Might as well hack more... :dunno::dunno:

i might be interested. havent make a choice yet.

house hopping this sat, what time?

Hi all,

Just called the contractor again. Their L-shape rack is just putting 2 racks perpendicularly. So it is the same as buying two separate racks. HDB regulations state canot bolt the racks to the walls in case need to remove.

If mass order, no special price becos already factory price. Have to give them the measurements you want & they will deliver to you. Won't come to do the measurements again. So need to know where you want to place the racks. Tell them the measurements & they will advice what is the sizing they have.

Their layers are removable so you can actually buy a 5 layer rack & then remove one of the layers to make it a 4 layer rack.

Anyone intersted, i can PM you the contact & you can make enquiries.

hi,

1) I bought LG full HD 42" TV at $1999 during a sales... heehee .... and the reason why i chose LG? coz it is cheap... hahaha... :notti: (The price of this TV had since went back to 3k +)

2) hacking wall is relatively cheap.. abt $200-500. However, if you need to hack wall, u will need PE endorsement. Engaging a PE is abt $400-600. If u hack 1 wall, u will need to engage a PE for $400-600. Might as well hack more... :dunno::dunno:

hi meowie49,

Thank you for the clarification!!...

I also heard that LG TV has got a built in recorder.. is that true?? And is it useful??

MAny Thanks

glenn

Finally going to handover...

Reno is so tiring and so many hicuups along e way

Juz glad that is done and hope I dun have to move house again

Hi All,

Many Thanks

glenn

Hi Glen,

Item 3 : I have one for sale....PM me :yamseng: Burt

Hi, just like to confirm no drilling work can be done on weekends?

the contractor above my flat was working and drilling on Saturday again. morning and till 11pm at night. really inconsiderate i must say, esp when it has been going on for the past few saturdays :o

Hi,

According to HDB reno guidelines, no drilling or noisy renovation is allowed on weekdays after 5.30pm and on Saturdays and Sundays.

If you encounter any, take note of the unit number being renovated and call HDB EMAS on 1800-3258888 to inform them of the violation. They will send someone down to check and warn the contractors.

Did you notice that the sky garden is in a sorry state? Maybe the cleaners have not cleaned up the place, but there were rubbish strewn all over and around the bins, graffiti on the tables, broken styrofoam boards thrown in the corner, etc. Also noticed lots of students using the area to play the fool... burning stuffs even! Definitely not studying for sure! I suspect there maybe even some hanky panky going on at night! :jawdrop:

Every home owners in this forum should be more pro-active and alert the police or Toa Payoh NPC 6251 9999, should they spot groups of teenagers or students gathering and fooling around the 8th and 12th floor sky gardens. Only with more residents complaining to the police will they take notice of the problems here and step up patrol.

The police in Singapore is reactive, don't complaint, pretend no problems. As for our home here, all of us should do our part to ensure that this place do not become a breeding ground for teenage delinquency. This will also help ensure our kids have a healthy neighborhood to grow up in.

Edited by Pooh_75

Hi neighbours .

I'm a newbie to this forum .. My house is at 79C ... Reno to start on the 13 May...

Any 1 has recommendation on the brand of hobs ?

Hi, me also from 79C, yrs is 4-room or 5-room, high floor or low floor?

Me is 4-room n my floor is 21-xx

ya lor. will always see group of students at 12th sky garden, scribbling and vandalising everywhere. :furious: