Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Did you send this to email: 75_bsec@pap.org.sg ? I wonder if he has anyone to screen this email queue and filter the messages...siGhz...

I read again the mission statement of BTP TC

[Our Mission Statement:

"Our mission is to provide a clean, green, well maintained and healthy environment for the residents, through close co-operation with the residents, grassroots organisations and related government agencies."]

Are they in line with their mission????

Yup there is someone screening the email.

I wrote to our MP one month back, then no response.

After which i sent another email again, cc our MP's ministry emails.

Then got a reply today:

You may wish to see our MP at the Meet-The-Session at Blk 178 #01-238 Toa

Payoh Central on every Tuesday from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.

Edited by gui99

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

BLK 79A-E VANDALISM UPDATE (PART 3)

Dear Mr MP for TPY-Bishan,

May i present to you some of the beautiful landscaping art found on our Sky garden over at Blk79. Admire the relentless talent that our future generation holds. I am confident that the future of Singapore shines bright and that the new generation of leaders will bring unsurpassed progress for the nation!

Merdeka!

image022wf4.jpg

image021ju9.jpg

image020editxa8.jpg

"The PAP Government has always thrived on its ability to anticipate problems." - Wong Kan Seng

Dear Mr. Meepok,

Actually its because the paint mixer from China is presently in Beijing Olympics and no work can be done for the next 1-2 months and presently our professional painters cannot be found in India and last of all our hand-crafted camel hair is out of stock due to hair loss of our camels. Hopefully you can be understanding and mix the paints, paint for us and buy your own brush. Your services will be greatly appreciated from the bottom of by big fat wallet.

PS: No $$ will be paid for the services rendered, but remember to pay your S&C charges on time or we will fine you.

Sincerely,

The One & Only

Dear Mr One & Only,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I only wished your actions with regards to the vandalism was just as enthusiastic.

I accept no reimbursements for my services. This being a First World Country and a Corruption-Free nation. Being a law-abiding 3rd class citizen and a designated blood-$ donor to the gahmen, I shall accept no such monetary gains.

Rest assured that I will continue to pay the S&C charges regardless of the state of my neighbourhood and estate. I shall not question the TC's action or non-action on such matters. I shall also not question the spending of our S&C monies, be it for building new walkways, white elephant structures, or for investment in stocks and bonds.

Thank you for you time!

meepok

Dear Mr One & Only,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I only wished your actions with regards to the vandalism was just as enthusiastic.

I accept no reimbursements for my services. This being a First World Country and a Corruption-Free nation. Being a law-abiding 3rd class citizen and a designated blood-$ donor to the gahmen, I shall accept no such monetary gains.

Rest assured that I will continue to pay the S&C charges regardless of the state of my neighbourhood and estate. I shall not question the TC's action or non-action on such matters. I shall also not question the spending of our S&C monies, be it for building new walkways, white elephant structures, or for investment in stocks and bonds.

Thank you for you time!

meepok

Dear Mr Meepok,

We are indeed gratefool for your service rendered to us in these times of financial needs. In regards to the additional artworks rendered by our very own well known artists only shows that we being a First World Country have the necessary talents and skills required to excel into the next millenium. An Arts & Design hub is looking very promising with the talents seen in your previous posts.

I am deeply sorry that as the S&C charges still applies regardless if anything is done or was done. TC's action have always been undoubtfool and i salute to them being one whom can see far and wide in times of needs and challenges. New walkways which does not serve a purpose or white elephants walking around are investments that requires knowledge and manpower to inject into.

I know peanuts about investments, stocks or bonds or even if mee siam has hum. But anyway I am only required to answer queries in regards to our beautifully maintained Clean, Green and Hellthy environment which and when my fellow residents require.

Thank you

The One & Only

Edited by Dracula

hi there..

I am a new member for tis forum..

I am residing at blk 79D.. :)

Have u guys encountered ppl from a particular security company

offering "community service" by installing free security systems...

cos they "ding dong" my door the other time ...

and how tis guy blah blah abt the crime rates in our estate etc .. :notti:

me jus curious..

have been a follower of tis forum

but no one seems to post anything abt this

need to knw how u guys feel abt installing the security system thing ..

m having mixed feelings abt it :unsure:

hi there..

me jus curious..

Hi Khim,

I think it's worth considering and taking your own measures to secure your new house. From all the crimes being committed here and the negative feedback about Toa Payoh NPC, I don't know if we can trust the MIB (Men In Blue) anymore.

They seem to be very ineffective and inefficient these days. 8|:bangwall:

Dear Mr Meepok,

We are indeed gratefool for your service rendered to us in these times of financial needs. In regards to the additional artworks rendered by our very own well known artists only shows that we being a First World Country have the necessary talents and skills required to excel into the next millenium. An Arts & Design hub is looking very promising with the talents seen in your previous posts.

I am deeply sorry that as the S&C charges still applies regardless if anything is done or was done. TC's action have always been undoubtfool and i salute to them being one whom can see far and wide in times of needs and challenges. New walkways which does not serve a purpose or white elephants walking around are investments that requires knowledge and manpower to inject into.

I know peanuts about investments, stocks or bonds or even if mee siam has hum. But anyway I am only required to answer queries in regards to our beautifully maintained Clean, Green and Hellthy environment which and when my fellow residents require.

Thank you

The One & Only

Wah Dracula! I smell heavy gun powder man! :notti:

Let's hope the RC or TC or SPF people reading this forum take note of what is happening to their estate. No excuses for complacency... Sorry also must explain!

On a more serious note, we need to draft out a formal letter of complaint to either the BTPTC or the MP about the degeneration of our estate and also the lack of security with the sightings of suspicious characters in the 'hidden' areas in and around the 5 blocks. Then we'll need to put our real names and addresses and sign against it to make this complaint/petition rock solid. :sport-smiley-003:

I am hoping that the authorities in charge will act upon our concerns. Be it to install extra lightings or security cameras, increasing foot patrols or simply step up their vigilance. Otherwise, I wouldn't dare imagine what would happen to the state of our estate in 5 years. Prevention is always better than the cure.

For a start, maybe we could open up all the doors leading to the staircases by placing a weighted object or by using folded cardboard/paper as door stoppers? At least with the doors opened, chances of would-be criminals hiding behind them is reduced.

hi there..

me jus curious..

welcome khim!

I think it's not free... the system is free but there is a monthly subscription for x number of months if I'm not wrong... some other neighbour here commented on this a few days ago. You may want to check back a few pages.

If you have the budget, go for it. Most important is that it should set your mind at peace while you're away. For others with budget, just invest in a slightly better lock for the main gate instead of the usual China-made padlocks.

Edited by meepok

Dear Mr. Meepok,

Actually its because the paint mixer from China is presently in Beijing Olympics and no work can be done for the next 1-2 months and presently our professional painters cannot be found in India and last of all our hand-crafted camel hair is out of stock due to hair loss of our camels. Hopefully you can be understanding and mix the paints, paint for us and buy your own brush. Your services will be greatly appreciated from the bottom of by big fat wallet.

PS: No $$ will be paid for the services rendered, but remember to pay your S&C charges on time or we will fine you.

Sincerely,

The One & Only

I think you misread their mission statement lah.

"Our mission is to provide a clean , green (for parks and gardens only), well maintained and healthy environment for the residents (more ERP gantries to minimise cars into town or estate), through close co-operation with the residents (maintain your own blocks and security), grassroots organisations (to NATO and give free abalone porridge to those applicable only) and related government agencies (to collect fines and payments on time or late charges will apply)."

Those are the services rendered 100% :notti:

:lol::good::dancingqueen:

Dear Mr Meepok,

Thank you

The One & Only

Vote 4 Dracula Vote 4 Dracula Vote 4 Dracula 'wo men yong yuan zi chi ni...'

:deal::jammin:

Yup there is someone screening the email.

I wrote to our MP one month back, then no response.

After which i sent another email again, cc our MP's ministry emails.

Then got a reply today:

You may wish to see our MP at the Meet-The-Session at Blk 178 #01-238 Toa

Payoh Central on every Tuesday from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.

let mi share with everybody, some scenerios of how e whole process of complaining & feedbacking works ->

- u write-in 2 MP, stating clearly wats ur complains, concerns & issues r. Not jus 1 but many emails.

- MP's 'men' finally reply, ask u cum dn RCC during 'meet-the-people-session', face-to-face tell Mr MP.

- u wonder 2 urself,

'walao A, i no time go dn so write letter, now u ask mi go dn. u think i work 8am-5pm, 5 days work meh? U read my letter liao, u canot solve meh? Bopian loh, gota geng MC 2 go dn see Mr MP liao.'

- '1st level of session', u gota take Q no. s early s e official timing 4 e 'session' starts.

- volunteers for e 'session' jot dn ur particulars (must bring IC, to prove u r a resident) & brief of purpose 4 cuming.

- it may take 1-3 hrs depends on nos. of people in e Q. So u wait & wait, then finally ur turn cums.

- '2nd level of session', e person u speak 2 is not Mr MP, instead he or she, a volunteer. (can get medal after 5 yrs of service, his/her 'angmo' may not b s powderful s urs.)

- u tel him/her all ur complains...., concerns..., ...

- he wil then ask u, 'Wat u wan Mr MP 2 do for u huh?'

- depends on e seriousness of e issues & e jurisdiction of e volunteer. U may or may not see Mr MP.

(1) if u manage 2 advance to '3rd level of session', see Mr MP, good then, can voice out all e complains A-Z... concerns 0-999...

(2) if u dun advance to '3rd level of session', no chance meet Mr MP, they wil tel u, 'We'll feedback on ur behalf by writing 2 e relevant authorities on ur concerns... but this wil takes us a few weeks then new measures & actions wil take effect few mths later... if there r'

- u ask,

'y u all take so long a time 2 do such simple tasks?'

- he/she reply,

'u dunoe meh? Mr MP beli e bz lately... We wil write 4 u, then Mr MP wil vet thru wen he can spare e time. This 'vetting' & 'writing of letter' oleady takes us at least a wk. By e time intended recipents get e letter, they need time 2 'study & reseach' & ...

we reelly trying 2 help. u noe? we hope u can understand. So now, u stil wan us 2 write 4 u anot?'

(3) if u dun nid 2 go '3rd level of session', dun hav 2 see Mr MP for such trivial matters, they may refer u 2 ur RC of ur zone.

- he/she wil tel u,

'dis type of problem hor, u can go 2 ur RCC of ur zone, they wil TRY 2 SOLVE 4 u. U noe nid see Mr MP 1, u can go hm liao. Btw, do u noe u belong 2 which RC Zone har?'

- then u LPPL go 2 e RCC during normal office hr, list dn all ur complains on their official feedback form.

- once again, dependent on e jurisdiction of e RC person attending. He/she may ask u 2 go see Mr MP, if u r lucky. e 'process of meet-the-people-session' wil then repeats itself one more time.

- if luckier, they may feedback on-ur-behalf 2 Mr MP. u jus nid 2 sit, wait & see.

-- e time duration 4 resident feedback 2 reach authorities concern = few wks;

-- e time duration 4 discussion by authorities concern = few more wks;

-- e time duration 4 decision 2b made by 'big bosses' 2 take actions = few mths;

-- e time duration 4 implementing e new actions & measures = few more mths;

-- e time duration 4 end results of new actions taken = more more mths ....

:wacko:

Somebody pls prove 2 mi, my pts r wrong. :sport-smiley-003:

hi there..

me jus curious..

- Nothing Is Free In This World.

- Everything In This World Comes With A Price, its a matter of Big or Small.

- aniway, there is a neighbour in ur blk who had installed a alarm security system quite sometime back, not under this current 'door salesmen'.

- u may wana check with him, so u can decide 2 or not 2 install.

- olso 2 take note, e additional cost u may need 2 bear mthly.

:rolleyes:

For a start, maybe we could open up all the doors leading to the staircases by placing a weighted object or by using folded cardboard/paper as door stoppers? At least with the doors opened, chances of would-be criminals hiding behind them is reduced.

- mayb can unscrew e door-closer, so e door wont close by itself.

- sell this 'useless' metal 2 garung guni.

- can earn some extra pocket $$$.

:idea:

Edited by jaCKY777

Piped gas to cost more from Friday

HOUSEHOLDS using piped gas will have to pay 1.87 cents per kWh from this Friday, which will add $1.70 to their monthly gas bill.

City Gas, announcing the tariff increase, blames 'substantial increase in fuel oil price' as a reason for the hike.

The current increase represents a 9.7 per cent hike from the current 19.34 cents per unit.

Piped gas prices are reviewed quarterly to bring them in line with supply. The last hike was in February this year when tariffs went up by about 7 per cent.

Natural gas price is pegged to that of high sulphur fuel oil (HSFO). The last revision saw the forward pricing of HSFO forecast at US$494.97 (S$872.41) per metric tonne.

But the current forecast for HSFO for Aug 15 to Oct 31 is US$632.18 per metric tonne - an increase of 24.9 per cent since the February revision.

So the general tariffs have been revised to 21.21 cents per unit, up from the current 19.34 cents per unit, which kicks in on Friday.

City Gas supplies piped gas to 90 per cent of the residents living in new Housing Board estates and private properties, as well as commercial operations like hawker centres and hotels.

:lol::good::dancingqueen:

let mi share with everybody, some scenerios of how e whole process of complaining & feedbacking works ->

- u write-in 2 MP, stating clearly wats ur complains, concerns & issues r. Not jus 1 but many emails.

- MP's 'men' finally reply, ask u cum dn RCC during 'meet-the-people-session', face-to-face tell Mr MP.

- u wonder 2 urself,

'walao A, i no time go dn so write letter, now u ask mi go dn. u think i work 8am-5pm, 5 days work meh? U read my letter liao, u canot solve meh? Bopian loh, gota geng MC 2 go dn see Mr MP liao.'

- '1st level of session', u gota take Q no. s early s e official timing 4 e 'session' starts.

- volunteers for e 'session' jot dn ur particulars (must bring IC, to prove u r a resident) & brief of purpose 4 cuming.

- it may take 1-3 hrs depends on nos. of people in e Q. So u wait & wait, then finally ur turn cums.

- '2nd level of session', e person u speak 2 is not Mr MP, instead he or she, a volunteer. (can get medal after 5 yrs of service, his/her 'angmo' may not b s powderful s urs.)

- depends on e seriousness of e issues & e jurisdiction of e volunteer. U may or may not see Mr MP.

(1) if u manage 2 advance to '3rd level of session', see Mr MP, good then, can voice out all e complains A-Z... concerns 0-999...

(2) if u dun advance to '3rd level of session', no chance meet Mr MP, they wil tel u, 'We'll feedback on ur behalf by writing 2 e relevant authorities on ur concerns... but this wil takes us a few weeks then new measures & actions wil take effect few mths later... if there r'

- u ask,

- he/she reply,

'u dunoe meh? Mr MP beli e bz lately... We wil write 4 u, then Mr MP wil vet thru wen he can spare e time. This 'vetting' & 'writing of letter' oleady takes us at least a wk. By e time intended recipents get e letter, they need time 2 'study & reseach' & ...

we reelly trying 2 help. u noe? we hope u can understand. So now, u stil wan us 2 write 4 u anot?'

(3) if u dun nid 2 go '3rd level of session', dun hav 2 see Mr MP for such trivial matters, they may refer u 2 ur RC of ur zone.

- he/she wil tel u,

'dis type of problem hor, u can go 2 ur RCC of ur zone, they wil TRY 2 SOLVE 4 u. U noe nid see Mr MP 1, u can go hm liao. Btw, do u noe u belong 2 which RC Zone har?'

- then u LPPL go 2 e RCC during normal office hr, list dn all ur complains on their official feedback form.

- once again, dependent on e jurisdiction of e RC person attending. He/she may ask u 2 go see Mr MP, if u r lucky. e 'process of meet-the-people-session' wil then repeats itself one more time.

- if luckier, they may feedback on-ur-behalf 2 Mr MP. u jus nid 2 sit, wait & see.

-- e time duration 4 decision 2b made by 'big bosses' 2 take actions = few mths;

- aniway, there is a neighbour in ur blk who had installed a alarm security system quite sometime back, not under this current 'door salesmen'.

Hi Jacky,

:good::good::good::bow::bow:

Babymaro2003

:yamseng:

Wah Dracula! I smell heavy gun powder man! :notti:

Let's hope the RC or TC or SPF people reading this forum take note of what is happening to their estate. No excuses for complacency... Sorry also must explain!

On a more serious note, we need to draft out a formal letter of complaint to either the BTPTC or the MP about the degeneration of our estate and also the lack of security with the sightings of suspicious characters in the 'hidden' areas in and around the 5 blocks. Then we'll need to put our real names and addresses and sign against it to make this complaint/petition rock solid. :sport-smiley-003:

I am hoping that the authorities in charge will act upon our concerns. Be it to install extra lightings or security cameras, increasing foot patrols or simply step up their vigilance. Otherwise, I wouldn't dare imagine what would happen to the state of our estate in 5 years. Prevention is always better than the cure.

Meepok.... very heavy gun powder man!

Its getting tired just by knowing and best of all nothing can be done to prevent it. We will indeed need a solid essay for our dear Mr MP and associates, maybe can look for those have degree and good in complaint letter one to write for us ah. hehe....

Ever since the great magician escape from "Zoological Gardens", even better then David Blaine or David Copperfield. Totally vanish into thin air, hoping it will slowly be forgotten into another realm and carry on with our little pathetic live. Now the system is screwed, arrows flying, ppl going to jail, ppl escaping certain death, more ppl toking kok and others just keeping themselves busy with "I dun know wat".

We really need to act on our own in order to have a better and peaceful estate to come. No point seeking help from those "useless" bums who sit on their hairy butts day in and day out writing letters and toking kok.

Siao! Siao! Siao! :bleah:

Got free things ah, abalone porridge every few years if applicable :sport-smiley-004:

Anyway correct, the system is free but monthly service fee of $26-$36 is payable for 36 months if i am not wrong. They are either sales ppl from ADT (Tyco) or Certis Cisco, they will target estates which recently have crimes published in the papers. Go for it if you have limitless budget, but take note that these systems are also an eyesore or magnet to these crimes too.

I rather unscrew the door and sell the wood for more $$$ man :good:

- u wonder 2 urself,

- u ask,

- he/she reply,

- he/she wil tel u,

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

And I am only at stage one :bangwall::bangwall:

Hey neighbours,

For a lighter note, enjoy this youtube clip. Very funny.

I think your new avatar more cute :notti: