Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

:no: we need investors by end of June! otherwise we will miss out on transfers yet again! :bangwall:

must learn from bayern when they miss out on champs league in 08/09 season.

they regrouped, spent heavily and are now going strong in all fronts again. :deal:

Chances are if you will become successful if you have got more resources. Look at Chelsea and Man City-instant success though the same cannot be said about Man City, they havent won the league but they got the 4th position. I just hope Mourinho comes to Liverpool instead of Man Utd if he is honest about testing his managerial skill. And they beat the **** out of Barcelona, bravo!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi everyone,

I just joined RT. And I am waiting for 1st Appointment to purchase a 3-RM Unit at Blk 2 Everton Park.

I have a problem with the BATH and TOILET:

I am a smoker (sorry to all who don't like smokers :D ), and one of my worst habits is needing to smoke in the toilet. My wife is about to ban me from smoking in the toilet. Our current place in Sengkang has 1 master bedroom bath room (complete with sink, WC and shower room), and a common bath room with same fixtures. I am restricted to smoking only in the common bathroom and nowhere else in the house now. I have negotiated limiting smoking in the Utility room, but really need to smoke in the toilet. :(

Do you think that I can get a WC/toilet bowl in the BATH area. So in a way, we want 2 bathrooms by having:

1) BATH

- sink

- shower

- WC

2) TOILET

- shower

- WC

- KDK ventilation fan + wall fan to channel smoke out of the TOILET

Anyone has suggestions or know whether this is possible? I know some plumbing has to be done up to make this possible, but is it allowed? and has anyone done this before? Thanks. for any advice/suggestions you might have. It seems that this is the main point of contention for wife and I whenever we start discussing about RENO. I can't back down, and she also doesn't want a compromise. I think installing the KDK ventilation fan to suck out the air, and the wall fan to help channel the air out to the toilet window is enough, but wifey thinks otherwise(I mean not 100% can push out all the smoke, but i think enough not make the whole house smokey :))

Solution , Quit smoking . ha . Just Kidding .

If HDB , I think cannot unless apply …. (but maybe apply liao still cannot)

For private …. I not very sure .

Hi there,

Not offering a solution but just curious that did you pick up smoking after you got married? Please do not answer if you do wish to.

I was already a smoker thanks. Wife already know I smoked and didn't mind it at all even before getting married. But now I do agree it is not nice for her to use a smoky toilet. But I won't quit, that is why I am willing to fork out more on making sure both of us can be happy, that is 1 non-smoking bathroom for her and one and 1 for me. Nevermind la, I'll ask my HDB officer and also the ID doing my place. Thought someone here might have done something similar or at least know something. Thanks.

hi summerflowers, sorry my bad. i just checked my email to clarify. the price for kitchen cabinet w/oak doors is $140 pfr not $100 pfr...sorry! :P

Excuse my ignorance and the lack of knowledge. What is so special about wooden kitchen cabinet doors or oak-made for that matter? Aren't all kitchen cabinet doors made of wood?

I was already a smoker thanks. Wife already know I smoked and didn't mind it at all even before getting married. But now I do agree it is not nice for her to use a smoky toilet. But I won't quit, that is why I am willing to fork out more on making sure both of us can be happy, that is 1 non-smoking bathroom for her and one and 1 for me. Nevermind la, I'll ask my HDB officer and also the ID doing my place. Thought someone here might have done something similar or at least know something. Thanks.

Agree, check with the authority. On the other hand, I am thinking you might have an issue with space allocation. How to encompass a shower area + basin + toilet bowl in 2 bathrooms in a 3-room flat? You might have to compromise with a smaller kitchen maybe?

Hi everyone,

I just joined RT. And I am waiting for 1st Appointment to purchase a 3-RM Unit at Blk 2 Everton Park.

I have a problem with the BATH and TOILET:

I am a smoker (sorry to all who don't like smokers :D ), and one of my worst habits is needing to smoke in the toilet. My wife is about to ban me from smoking in the toilet. Our current place in Sengkang has 1 master bedroom bath room (complete with sink, WC and shower room), and a common bath room with same fixtures. I am restricted to smoking only in the common bathroom and nowhere else in the house now. I have negotiated limiting smoking in the Utility room, but really need to smoke in the toilet. :(

Do you think that I can get a WC/toilet bowl in the BATH area. So in a way, we want 2 bathrooms by having:

1) BATH

- sink

- shower

- WC

2) TOILET

- shower

- WC

- KDK ventilation fan + wall fan to channel smoke out of the TOILET

Anyone has suggestions or know whether this is possible? I know some plumbing has to be done up to make this possible, but is it allowed? and has anyone done this before? Thanks. for any advice/suggestions you might have. It seems that this is the main point of contention for wife and I whenever we start discussing about RENO. I can't back down, and she also doesn't want a compromise. I think installing the KDK ventilation fan to suck out the air, and the wall fan to help channel the air out to the toilet window is enough, but wifey thinks otherwise(I mean not 100% can push out all the smoke, but i think enough not make the whole house smokey :))

hey fatboy71, we'll be neighbours! same block! wat a coincidence... :D i doubt you'd be able to modify your bathroom until like that, especially not with 2 WC. even if you put ventilation fan + another wall fan in your bathroom, the smell of cigarette can still be quite strong especially for non-smokers. my hb + i are also smokers, so will be installing a ventilation fan in the bath. maybe you should smoke in the wc, if you have the same floorplan as me, then you'll be limiting the "damage" to one toilet.

:no: we need investors by end of June! otherwise we will miss out on transfers yet again! :bangwall:

must learn from bayern when they miss out on champs league in 08/09 season.

they regrouped, spent heavily and are now going strong in all fronts again. :deal:

june's a tight deadline..and in my opinion, even if we've got the money to splash out, we'd need a different manager to really get any improvement from the squad.

Excuse my ignorance and the lack of knowledge. What is so special about wooden kitchen cabinet doors or oak-made for that matter? Aren't all kitchen cabinet doors made of wood?

ok from what little knowledge i have of carpentry, i'll try to answer this question...experts feel free to correct me.

most kitchen cabinet are made from solid plywood (manufactured wood), covered with a piece of laminate. a more expensive option is to use natural wood so there is no need for laminates and what you see is the true grain of the tree.

here's a picture of a kitchen made with natural wood:

wood-kitchen-cabinets-and-island.jpg

and one made with laminate:

MDF-PVC-Thermofoil-Kitchen-Cabinet.jpg

for me, i like the leaf on the doors of the natural wood cabinets, which cannot be done if you use plywood + laminate. hope i got this somewhat right..hahaha :P

Official Home Owners

happy-homeowners.jpg

Yes siree...our 2nd appointment was finally over and done with yesterday evening. Funnily, hb + i didn't feel any different after it..lol. The agents were shaking our hands and congratulating us on finally being home owners but we were like... er ok. Anyway, will be posting photos of the place shortly.

Hours before the appointment, our agent smsed me to tell me that the sellers have not cleared the furniture in the house and that they will give us $150 to clear it ourselves. I was quite pissed cos I knew this would happen, I already reminded my agent twice before to make sure the seller clears the stuff and both times she said "No worries" (my most hated overused phrase). We calculated that if we were to get town council to clear it, they would charge us $280 for it since only first three items were FOC. But in the end, hb said no need to be so calculative since they were nice enough to give us the keys earlier. Hopefully our contractor can clear the items within cost.. :unsure:

Edited by lilithfiend

Official Home Owners

happy-homeowners.jpg

Yes siree...our 2nd appointment was finally over and done with yesterday evening. Funnily, hb + i didn't feel any different after it..lol. The agents were shaking our hands and congratulating us on finally being home owners but we were like... er ok. Anyway, will be posting photos of the place shortly.

Hours before the appointment, our agent smsed me to tell me that the sellers have not cleared the furniture in the house and that they will give us $150 to clear it ourselves. I was quite pissed cos I knew this would happen, I already reminded my agent twice before to make sure the seller clears the stuff and both times she said "No worries" (my most hated overused phrase). We calculated that if we were to get town council to clear it, they would charge us $280 for it since only first three items were FOC. But in the end, hb said no need to be so calculative since they were nice enough to give us the keys earlier. Hopefully our contractor can clear the items within cost.. :unsure:

Congratz on the completion of 2nd appt and confirming your contractor! :yamseng:

Now let the fun begins! :D

Our Renovator Confirmed

confirmed2.gif

We have a winner! - B&E Builder. After emailing hundreds of contractors, speaking to a dozen of them, we finally made our decision. The decision was a hard one as the other contender was very experienced and very affordable. And it wasn't made easier that we could hardly find others' reviews of these two contractors. B&E won the bid mainly because of:

• their resources (they had a physical office whereas the other contractor's office was his home; they were able to give us a 3D drawing when we requested for it before signing the contract whereas the other contractor gave us a 15 mins hand-drawn one)
  • their design orientation (their portfolio looked good whereas we could only rely on the word of the other contractor when he told us about his previous projects)
  • the ability to customise (they were able to customise for us the type of windows we wanted, the grilles we wanted)
Before our appointment at HDB, we made a trip down to their office. We spent about two hours thrashing out as much details as possible and finally, signing off on the dotted line. Our project manager will be applying for the HDB permit today and hopefully hacking can start next week. I was hugely relieved that we have finally reached a milestone of this reno process. Now looking forward to get started! My favourite part of this whole thing is coming up: shopping for stuff! :D Edited by lilithfiend

Congratz on the completion of 2nd appt and confirming your contractor! :yamseng:

woah, now then I saw the results of the contractor competition. LOL Gratz on confirming both the contractor and getting your keys....officially :D

Edited by samgalz

Official Home Owners

We have a winner! - B&E Builder. After emailing hundreds of contractors, speaking to a dozen of them, we finally made our decision. The decision was a hard one as the other contender was very experienced and very affordable. And it wasn't made easier that we could hardly find others' reviews of these two contractors. B&E won the bid mainly because of:
  • their resources (they had a physical office whereas the other contractor's office was his home; they were able to give us a 3D drawing when we requested for it before signing the contract whereas the other contractor gave us a 15 mins hand-drawn one)
  • their design orientation (their portfolio looked good whereas we could only rely on the word of the other contractor when he told us about his previous projects)
  • the ability to customise (they were able to customise for us the type of windows we wanted, the grilles we wanted)
Before our appointment at HDB, we made a trip down to their office. We spent about two hours thrashing out as much details as possible and finally, signing off on the dotted line. Our project manager will be applying for the HDB permit today and hopefully hacking can start next week. I was hugely relieved that we have finally reached a milestone of this reno process. Now looking forward to get started! My favourite part of this whole thing is coming up: shopping for stuff! :D

Wah..double congrats!!!!

Didnt u do a inspection b4 the 2nd appt???

I had some issue with the seller also, and I insisted them to clear everything b4 2nd appt and let us inspect.

And we even did the inspection at 9pm without electricity, with a touch light instead, we also went to check. haha

And also to good luck for your reno journey.

U want to post your initial 3D for our preview??

Wow, the window grill, door, and flooring are so classic.

Long time havent seen this.

Esp there is a window ledge above the main door?

woah, now then I saw the results of the contractor competition. LOL Gratz on confirming both the contractor and getting your keys....officially :D

Thanks babes... :D

Wah..double congrats!!!!

Didnt u do a inspection b4 the 2nd appt???

I had some issue with the seller also, and I insisted them to clear everything b4 2nd appt and let us inspect.

And we even did the inspection at 9pm without electricity, with a touch light instead, we also went to check. haha

And also to good luck for your reno journey.

U want to post your initial 3D for our preview??

Thanks Ang! No la, there was no "official" inspection since we had the keys earlier and already went to the flat countless of times. After our final visit with the contractors, we wanted to give the keys back to the seller so they can clear their furniture. Then agent say no need, they have spare keys. Ok lor...then yesterday the seller's agent told us they don't have spare keys. :bangwall: Ah whatever, anyway small matter. Luckily they don't have fridge, sofa etc..

We requested the shortlisted contractors to give us a drawing of our bathroom because quite a lot of modifications are to be made there. We told the contractors their drawings can be just a first draft for us to have an idea. We weren't expecting any 3Ds but B&E managed to give us that. Here are the 3Ds that they submitted:

bathv7.jpg

bathv3.jpg

bathv4.jpg

bathv6.jpg

We won't be tiling all walls as per the drawings, only the bathtub area. Obviously, the above are all subjected to HDB's approval *prays hard*

We waited for their drawings for quite a long time and I was getting ready to go for the other contractor liao. But thankfully, the drawings finally came through. I must say we were impressed with the drawings and their willingness to bend their rules (they usually only draw for confirmed projects only).