Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Wow, the window grill, door, and flooring are so classic.

Long time havent seen this.

Esp there is a window ledge above the main door?

Yep..very original condition! I think we are only the second owners..and this flat is 30 years old (older than both me & my hb!)..love the big windows at the front of the house, although they face the corridor. The window ledge above the main door is actually an airvent..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thanks babes... :D

Thanks Ang! No la, there was no "official" inspection since we had the keys earlier and already went to the flat countless of times. After our final visit with the contractors, we wanted to give the keys back to the seller so they can clear their furniture. Then agent say no need, they have spare keys. Ok lor...then yesterday the seller's agent told us they don't have spare keys. :bangwall: Ah whatever, anyway small matter. Luckily they don't have fridge, sofa etc..

We requested the shortlisted contractors to give us a drawing of our bathroom because quite a lot of modifications are to be made there. We told the contractors their drawings can be just a first draft for us to have an idea. We weren't expecting any 3Ds but B&E managed to give us that. Here are the 3Ds that they submitted:

We won't be tiling all walls as per the drawings, only the bathtub area. Obviously, the above are all subjected to HDB's approval *prays hard*

We waited for their drawings for quite a long time and I was getting ready to go for the other contractor liao. But thankfully, the drawings finally came through. I must say we were impressed with the drawings and their willingness to bend their rules (they usually only draw for confirmed projects only).

Wow wow, this is good. May I know what is the thing beside the sink? It looks so big after hacking.

But if u dont do all wall tiling, wont it be weird??

Wow wow, this is good. May I know what is the thing beside the sink? It looks so big after hacking.

But if u dont do all wall tiling, wont it be weird??

The thing beside the sink is some decorative thingy..their draftsman just put it there for bai swee only la..haha..

i don't think it'll be weird if we don't do all wall tiles cos the tiling will be done at the wet area mah..anyway no choice..save cost.. :P

Buying a house from HDB is like that. There's no feeling at all. Only a piece of paper .... haha

Congratz :)

Ya precisely. On paper, we're just "Joint-Tenants". :rolleyes:

wah, ur WC also classic...still squatting one. when HDB upgrade the estate din change the WC meh?

Ya lor, when we first visited the flat, my immediate reaction was "omg cannot, toilet must change.." dunno if converting the WC is part of the upgrading..

List of Works to be Done

Living hall

• Hack floors then cement screed with s/steel strips & apply sealer
  • Walls to be plastered and painted
  • Hack wall separating kitchen & hall
  • Change windows & grilles
  • Change main door & gate
  • Seal up airvent above main door
  • False ceiling at entrance area
  • Box up gas & water pipes running from hall to kitchen

Common room

• Change windows & grilles
  • Seal up existing entrance
  • Open up new doorway closer to main door

Master room

• Remove window grilles
  • Door to be changed to Classic door

Kitchen

• Hack floors, waterproof then cement screed with s/steel strips & apply sealer
  • Hack wall tiles then cement screed then plaster & paint
  • Remove window grilles
  • Hack kerb at service yard, level floor if needed
  • Construct new wall outside bathroom
  • Box up sewage pipes
  • Replace rubbish chute
  • 11ft L-shaped kitchen cabinet (bottom only) with glass backing
  • 4ft kitchen cabinet at pantry area (outside bath)

Bathroom

• Hack floors, waterproof then tile
  • Hack wall tiles then cement screed then plaster & paint
  • Hack 'T' walls between WC & shower
  • Construct low wall for bathtub
  • Tile bathtub area
  • Construct new wall at end of bathtub
  • Convert squat WC to sitting WC
  • Relocate sink
  • Install full height mirror between bathtub & WC
  • Install frosted glass casement tempered door at entrance
  • Install ventilation fan on one window

Utility room

• Remove window grilles
  • Door to be changed to half-glass office door
Edited by lilithfiend

Ya precisely. On paper, we're just "Joint-Tenants". :rolleyes:

Ya lor, when we first visited the flat, my immediate reaction was "omg cannot, toilet must change.." dunno if converting the WC is part of the upgrading..

if they are upgrading the toilet (which i think they did from the pic coz it still look rather new as compared to the other parts), they should hv ah. my aunt-in-law's toa payoh one got change during upgrading.

if they are upgrading the toilet (which i think they did from the pic coz it still look rather new as compared to the other parts), they should hv ah. my aunt-in-law's toa payoh one got change during upgrading.

ya i'm pretty sure they upgraded the toilet but maybe the previous owner chose to not change the squatting WC. some people prefer to squat? :dunno:

Hiya Mrs Lilith...:lol:

Congrats on ur 'victory' on two fronts! namely the completion of 2nd appt and confirmation of ur contractor. :)

B&E...are they affiliated to Propnex? sounds very familiar...:unsure:

I was analysing ur floor plan and 3Ds...from the look of it ur 'T' walls between shower and wc can be demolished since there aint any pipes there? thats a positive start...:good:

and wow...u can get a 1.8m or bigger tub eh? :dribble: good thought to erect a new wall at the end of the tub. :thumbs up: Looks like ur MBR wun have access to the toilet but no biggie since its just the both of u? :D

Samy jie...probably the sellers were 'squatters'...?? :lol:

Sis fiend,

At the first glance of your wc, I couldn't help laughing but h*ll, it's all gonna be changed just like the 3D pictures. Nice.

Where are the 3D pictures for the rest of the house?

Congrats.

Hiya Mrs Lilith...:lol:

Congrats on ur 'victory' on two fronts! namely the completion of 2nd appt and confirmation of ur contractor. :)

B&E...are they affiliated to Propnex? sounds very familiar...:unsure:

I was analysing ur floor plan and 3Ds...from the look of it ur 'T' walls between shower and wc can be demolished since there aint any pipes there? thats a positive start...:good:

and wow...u can get a 1.8m or bigger tub eh? :dribble: good thought to erect a new wall at the end of the tub. :thumbs up: Looks like ur MBR wun have access to the toilet but no biggie since its just the both of u? :D

hey el nino..thanks! we are also excited to have achieved both "victories" lol..

Yep B&E is a partner of Propnex..B&E carries out the home warranty plan for Propnex clients. you a propnex client?

we're hoping hdb approves our toilet hacking/expansion plans..if not, everything will go down the drain.. :unsure: our tub will be just 1.5m la..can't afford so big one..plus i don't think there's space lor. and yes, MBR no access to toilet, even at this moment. we initially wanted to open up a doorway but had to scrap that due to space constraints..

Sis fiend,

At the first glance of your wc, I couldn't help laughing but h*ll, it's all gonna be changed just like the 3D pictures. Nice.

Where are the 3D pictures for the rest of the house?

Congrats.

england: squatting toilet that funny?! pls tell me mine's not the first you've seen!

we won't have 3D pictures for the rest of the house since we don't have alot of carpentry...our renovator only gave us this set cos we requested for it. think they will give us one more set of kitchen cabinet 3Ds, thats all..

hey gimz...the v6 isn't really my cup of tea... it's really difficult to find a nice and affordable one. i heard of A Lighting, never been there though..

and yes, we're serious about the stove! my hb likes to cook, and i like the stainless steel look! the americans use them in their homes alot:

MH%20WS%205.jpg

it's **** expensive...the cheapest new one i can find is almost $3k and can go up to $9k! :jawdrop: i want it so much, i'm willing to settle for a secondhand one..

Woah, your hb has got good taste. Nothing like a Viking! If I had the dough, I would definitely shell out for one too. :D

hey el nino..thanks! we are also excited to have achieved both "victories" lol..

Yep B&E is a partner of Propnex..B&E carries out the home warranty plan for Propnex clients. you a propnex client?

we're hoping hdb approves our toilet hacking/expansion plans..if not, everything will go down the drain.. :unsure: our tub will be just 1.5m la..can't afford so big one..plus i don't think there's space lor. and yes, MBR no access to toilet, even at this moment. we initially wanted to open up a doorway but had to scrap that due to space constraints..

yeah i was...she was a newbie...my flat purchased was her 1st...had to guide her along sometimes..

thinking back, its quite easy...i could've done the purchase myself...oh well... ;)

were u one too?

yah...pray for u too that hdb approves the hacking. :)

u seemed very adamant to get a tub like me as well! Haha... that area u putting the tub is abt 2m...seems long enuff to do some laps in the tub...haha... ;)

Qn...pure tub or with jacuzzi jets? :P