Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Some Updates.

Electrical

Met up with Jaskel on Tuesday evening to confirm our electrical works. Very knowledgable & easy-going guy..thanks for helping us out, Jaskel. :D He/his electrician will be down at the house later this morning to remove wires. Yay, we're finally getting a move on!

Installation of aircon trunking

Big debate on this issue last night with hb & our PM. PM suggested to run trunking now, before plastering is done. Her reasoning was that when they drill holes for the trunking, bits of the wall near the hole may drop off since ours is an old flat. So if we run the trunking after plastering, to touch up the wall might not be as swee.

Our take, however is that if we run the trunking now before plastering, the walls behind will be rough if we ever remove the trunking. Plus there's also a feeling of "incomplete-ness". And also certain walls not built yet so if trunking is run now, then later when they build walls - how?

Anyway, we're undecided on this. Meeting PM tonight to discuss and make a decision.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hey babes, some new updates on my side....after all the posting last evening, me gian lor to visit A lightings so (since hubby is on time to fetch me and I can leave on time) we drove down to A Lightings to see if we can still catch them. hehe... good news is they are open till 8.30pm and the even better news is I love their lights and prices and the best news is.........i bought my lights liao...all of them :D

pics to be upload in my T-blog.

hey babes, some new updates on my side....after all the posting last evening, me gian lor to visit A lightings so (since hubby is on time to fetch me and I can leave on time) we drove down to A Lightings to see if we can still catch them. hehe... good news is they are open till 8.30pm and the even better news is I love their lights and prices and the best news is.........i bought my lights liao...all of them :D

pics to be upload in my T-blog.

hahahha sammy sammy. u so funny. and so fast leh! bought all your lights within one visit...must really applaud your decisiveness. i cannot be as decisive as you.. :P got bargain with alex not?

hahahha sammy sammy. u so funny. and so fast leh! bought all your lights within one visit...must really applaud your decisiveness. i cannot be as decisive as you.. :P got bargain with alex not?

did slight bargaining cos Alex gave me good prices. overall he gave me another small discount so thought i find it ok.

decided fast is cos I like the lights there. intially at lightings.com.sg, I only managed to decide on kitchen, toilet and mbr but other rooms like dun seem to see something I like instantly. at A Lightings, it's like this is nice that is nice....ahhhh

Some Updates.

Electrical

Met up with Jaskel on Tuesday evening to confirm our electrical works. Very knowledgable & easy-going guy..thanks for helping us out, Jaskel. :D He/his electrician will be down at the house later this morning to remove wires. Yay, we're finally getting a move on!

Big debate on this issue last night with hb & our PM. PM suggested to run trunking now, before plastering is done. Her reasoning was that when they drill holes for the trunking, bits of the wall near the hole may drop off since ours is an old flat. So if we run the trunking after plastering, to touch up the wall might not be as swee.

Our take, however is that if we run the trunking now before plastering, the walls behind will be rough if we ever remove the trunking. Plus there's also a feeling of "incomplete-ness". And also certain walls not built yet so if trunking is run now, then later when they build walls - how?

Anyway, we're undecided on this. Meeting PM tonight to discuss and make a decision.

Its the same as u asking me to do the electrical trunking first before plastering. My ans is the same for air-con trunking.

did slight bargaining cos Alex gave me good prices. overall he gave me another small discount so thought i find it ok.

decided fast is cos I like the lights there. intially at lightings.com.sg, I only managed to decide on kitchen, toilet and mbr but other rooms like dun seem to see something I like instantly. at A Lightings, it's like this is nice that is nice....ahhhh

ya his prices are good..i didn't really bargain with him leh. actually, he decided on his own to give me a discount. hahaha no idea why. before i can ask him 'can cheaper not?', he already used calculator to minus liao. i actually thought his range of lights were quite limited so only bought certain lights there. lucky you..can sort out all your lights in one store!

Its the same as u asking me to do the electrical trunking first before plastering. My ans is the same for air-con trunking.

yea lor, our thoughts exactly. but what our PM said also made sense i guess. if drill big hole, and they anyhow touch up, won't it be **** ugly?

Some Updates.

Electrical

Lilith, me thinks that the possibility of re-locating air con trunking is low. :P

But if walls are not build, maybe they just build it around the trunking?

jaskel's pricing for electrician good? your ID cool about it...?

Lilith, me thinks that the possibility of re-locating air con trunking is low. :P

But if walls are not build, maybe they just build it around the trunking?

jaskel's pricing for electrician good? your ID cool about it...?

yep we know the possibility of removing/replacing aircon trunking is low..but what if?

about the walls, ya that was what our PM said - build wall around trunking. but we worked out the trunking on paper last night and to run trunking from utility room, it will have to pass the new wall which have not been built... have to work this out with PM tonight..

yeah, jaskel gave me a good price for the electrical works. i think i squeeze him until cannot squeeze liao...lol. (sorry jaskel :P ) actually we not only outsourced the electrical, we also outsourced the plaster works and painting to save costs.

Bathroom Ventilation Fan

Have bought the ventilation fan for our bathroom - KDK 20WHA. Thanks to Stryke for sharing!

PP-15WHA.gif

• Electric shutter series
  • High pressure exhaust type
  • Window mounting
  • Single speed
  • High performance propeller fan
  • Air volume = 445 m3/h
Purchased from Choo Chiang Marketing @ Rowell, $118 (excl. GST) Edited by lilithfiend

Bathroom Ventilation Fan

Have bought the ventilation fan for our bathroom - KDK 20WHA. Thanks to Stryke for sharing!

PP-15WHA.gif

• Window mounting
  • Single speed
  • Air volume = 445 m3/h
Purchased from Choo Chiang Marketing @ Rowell, $118 (excl. GST)

argh!! looking at ur ventilation fan reminds mi of mine... :( mine still at the hospital.. oso dunno will come back or not.. haizz...

remember not to install ur ventilation fan until the last moment!

yep we know the possibility of removing/replacing aircon trunking is low..but what if?

about the walls, ya that was what our PM said - build wall around trunking. but we worked out the trunking on paper last night and to run trunking from utility room, it will have to pass the new wall which have not been built... have to work this out with PM tonight..

yeah, jaskel gave me a good price for the electrical works. i think i squeeze him until cannot squeeze liao...lol. (sorry jaskel :P ) actually we not only outsourced the electrical, we also outsourced the plaster works and painting to save costs.

Ya I knew about your outsourced. Different ID/contractor will have different view on it. It just the same as having skirting before carpentry work or after. Same for painting before or after carpentry work. The air-con man patching up the hole is lousy cos they want to do it fast fast, see no hole can liao. This u can actually ask the false ceiling guys to help u patch up as they know how to do it swee swee just like your false ceiling.

argh!! looking at ur ventilation fan reminds mi of mine... :( mine still at the hospital.. oso dunno will come back or not.. haizz...

remember not to install ur ventilation fan until the last moment!

so long liao still not repaired yet? my fan will be installed before tiling begins so it won't be at the last moment, thankfully!

Ya I knew about your outsourced. Different ID/contractor will have different view on it. It just the same as having skirting before carpentry work or after. Same for painting before or after carpentry work. The air-con man patching up the hole is lousy cos they want to do it fast fast, see no hole can liao. This u can actually ask the false ceiling guys to help u patch up as they know how to do it swee swee just like your false ceiling.

ok think thats what we'll do..after aircon up will get plasterer to touch up again..thanks for the advice!

Bathroom Ventilation Fan

PP-15WHA.gif

• Window mounting
  • Single speed
  • Air volume = 445 m3/h
Purchased from Choo Chiang Marketing @ Rowell, $118 (excl. GST)

Is this any good? I somehow feel that it is noisy to have one in the bathroom. How much is it?

Cheers.

so long liao still not repaired yet? my fan will be installed before tiling begins so it won't be at the last moment, thankfully!

i think baby means not to install it until the very end... :P

actually i think u wrap up should be fine.

i suspect mine was spoilt because they switch on the vent fan when applying the flakes or primer thats why it got spoilt. :(

haha sorry to say but i doubt this year's england's year.

supersonic speed? not that supersonic la, england. we're already one over month into the reno, thanks to Housing Delay Board. shall look forward to your tblog when you finally start one then..

thanks babe..sounds like a good price.

el nino, that was harsh! 8| but the truth's always harsh i guess..lol...

Haha.....it's not 'that' harsh. Well that's a reality that England played badly against the Japanese players, not suggesting that Japan is no good but it is a shame to win both goals through the Japanese players. As a matter of fact, I was cursing and cursing at the way the English played and none stood up. Hope that was just a warm up game and things might change for the better when the real test comes.

I will be in cloud nine if England win it. Hope Italy have a good game too but there can only be one winner, England.

Cheers.