Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

hey, lilith babe, how's the reno now. what stage are u in now? no way I will catch up, u are much faster than me and i have not even got my switches and lightings!!!! :o

hope things are swee swee and shun shun for u from now on since u already cleared the HDB side. :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hey, lilith babe, how's the reno now. what stage are u in now? no way I will catch up, u are much faster than me and i have not even got my switches and lightings!!!! :o

hope things are swee swee and shun shun for u from now on since u already cleared the HDB side. :D

hey sammy, what stage am i in now ah....well, hacking has been completed..next stage would be the tiling of bath and building of new walls lor..my aircon trunking will be in next monday.

relax..! don't panic la..enjoy the process..breatheee.. :P

so exciting! Finally seeing hacking pictures!

ya i know right! actually hacking already started back in april but had to stop halfway to wait for permit..

Sammy can go to A lighting Enterprise (Geylang lor 25) Mrs Lilith was telling us about. The prices cheaper den lightings.com.sg and free delivery. They do some minor customisation.

Mrs Lilith, pace will pick up liao bah, did B&E get back when is the est HO ?

thanks babe..sounds like a good price.

yup. he told me that IDs will normally charge around $500+? $280 is mostly due to transport charges too. Cos u get the frame, u find someone to cut the glass and then install, then back home to install. So need to bring here, bring there.

Sammy can go to A lighting Enterprise (Geylang lor 25) Mrs Lilith was telling us about. The prices cheaper den lightings.com.sg and free delivery. They do some minor customisation.

hey zelly, a lighting never give me free delivery leh..he said my purchase too small..muahaha..so i self-collected.

no leh, b&e haven't gave us a est HO date yet. i think due to the 1 mth break from the permit, everybody also nua already.

yup. he told me that IDs will normally charge around $500+? $280 is mostly due to transport charges too. Cos u get the frame, u find someone to cut the glass and then install, then back home to install. So need to bring here, bring there.

i'm getting something similar but its a half-glass door instead of a full-glass..but at $380..still higher than yours..this price is direct from B&E. i could get it at $280 at Best Industrial but we figured just let them earn and save us the hassle of running down to Best Industrial's showroom. so your price = really good price!

hey Zelly, ya i want to go A lightings, already informed hubby it's a must-go place :lol: though he is leaning towards lightings.com.sg cos of the Ps3...:D

u got the lightings from there already? if I buy I sure can buy until they deliver cos whole house lightings I want to settle at one shop and I'm getting them to install...lightings.com.sg's installation price is ex so that's why I'm hesitating.

switches will be visiting choo chiang...

Lilith: not panicking but am stressed cos no time on my hand and most shops close early. i need more than 24 hours....! :o

Edited by samgalz

hey zelly, a lighting never give me free delivery leh..he said my purchase too small..muahaha..so i self-collected.

no leh, b&e haven't gave us a est HO date yet. i think due to the 1 mth break from the permit, everybody also nua already.

i'm getting something similar but its a half-glass door instead of a full-glass..but at $380..still higher than yours..this price is direct from B&E. i could get it at $280 at Best Industrial but we figured just let them earn and save us the hassle of running down to Best Industrial's showroom. so your price = really good price!

my full glass swing door is $400 only leh.... why u half glass almost my price liao.

hey Zelly, ya i want to go A lightings, already informed hubby it's a must-go place :lol: though he is leaning towards lightings.com.sg cos of the Ps3... :D

u got the lightings from there already? if I buy I sure can buy until they deliver cos whole house lightings I want to settle at one shop and I'm getting them to install...lightings.com.sg's installation price is ex so that's why I'm hesitating.

Lilith: not panicking but am stressed cos no time on my hand and most shops close early. i need more than 24 hours....! :o

oh you're getting the light shop to install for u ah? i only bought partial lights from them so very little only lor..

do it on the weekends la. or take leave? :P

my full glass swing door is $400 only leh.... why u half glass almost my price liao.

my full glass swing door for toilet is $380..same price as the half-glass. dun ask me why, maybe the wood is expensive..lol. but like i said, i know their half-glass is pricey and i can get one outside $100 less but then need to go down and talk to people, negotiate here and there, then must coordinate delivery la etc. aiya just let them earn that $100 lor.

oh you're getting the light shop to install for u ah? i only bought partial lights from them so very little only lor..

do it on the weekends la. or take leave? :P

ya cos Edmund says lights shop installation charge will be cheaper than his electrician so can save a bit. plus if light shop install, any problem with the lights like missing bulb or crack bulb etc, the guy will bring back change for u. If we install ourselves, we will need to bring it back to shop and exchange. so after hearing these, we decided to follow his suggestion. it's only the T5 that we will ask his electrician to install. :D

ya, weekend or weekday evening ba. but weekends also busy leh, my second job.....take son to music class n swimming class.... :( dun hv a lot of leave cannot anyhow take. :(

any idea what time they close at night?

Edited by samgalz

hey Zelly, ya i want to go A lightings, already informed hubby it's a must-go place :lol: though he is leaning towards lightings.com.sg cos of the Ps3...:D

The PS3 is from lucky draw rite? So many pple buy must fight with them for a chance. Why not comparing prices first. Who knows, the savings for all your lights can buy you 1 PS3. :lol:

I have bought most of my LED down lights from china. I only buy 4 big round energy saving lights for toliets and balcony ($32 each) and 1 pendant led lampshade + crystals design dining light ($380) from them, I have added extra crystals so that it . Most prob we getting a KDK 56" sensor ceiling fan (360 isit ex?) from them.

If I remember right, they do not do installation, but they will recommend pple to do the installation. lightings.com.sg charges 1 transportation trip and first installation at $35 and subsequent others at $7 if I remember right.

ya cos Edmund says lights shop installation charge will be cheaper than his electrician so can save a bit. plus if light shop install, any problem with the lights like missing bulb or crack bulb etc, the guy will bring back change for u. If we install ourselves, we will need to bring it back to shop and exchange. so after hearing these, we decided to follow his suggestion. it's only the T5 that we will ask his electrician to install. :D

ya, weekend or weekday evening ba. but weekends also busy leh, my second job.....take son to music class n swimming class.... :( dun hv a lot of leave cannot anyhow take. :(

any idea what time they close at night?

i have no idea what time they close leh, left their namecard at home. give them a call and check?

The PS3 is from lucky draw rite? So many pple buy must fight with them for a chance. Why not comparing prices first. Who knows, the savings for all your lights can buy you 1 PS3. :lol:

I have bought most of my LED down lights from china. I only buy 4 big round energy saving lights for toliets and balcony ($32 each) and 1 pendant led lampshade + crystals design dining light ($380) from them, I have added extra crystals so that it . Most prob we getting a KDK 56" sensor ceiling fan (360 isit ex?) from them.

If I remember right, they do not do installation, but they will recommend pple to do the installation. lightings.com.sg charges 1 transportation trip and first installation at $35 and subsequent others at $7 if I remember right.

seems like we already have two lucky draw winners here on RT, El Nino & Jeffcraze..like v.easy to win hor?

zelly, how did u buy your lights from china? online or? 56" fan is kinda big..used for which area?

i have no idea what time they close leh, left their namecard at home. give them a call and check?

seems like we already have two lucky draw winners here on RT, El Nino & Jeffcraze..like v.easy to win hor?

zelly, how did u buy your lights from china? online or? 56" fan is kinda big..used for which area?

LOL.. yeah loh so ez hor... The lights we wanted is more expensive in lightings.com so we just heck.

The lights are bought online and air freight to SG. It is more expensive than normal down lights lah but it is almost 1/2 the price u can get in SG (shop dependent).

The fan is for my living room. We are thinking of having 52" to 56" type of fan. The other option is alpha or franco. We want black color or dark grey color fan without light.

thanks! its never too late for congrats.. :P

Some Updates.

Hacking is supposed to start today. Walls left to hack are:

- Wall dividing kitchen & hall

- Walls in bathroom :dancingqueen:

- New entryway in common room

Received our kitchen drawings yesterday..got some minor errors here and there. think the draftsman did it in a hurry or maybe like hb said, information overload..

We have been waiting for more than a month for our finalised 3D drawing (with choosen laminates).

ID thought it was sent, hb asked for it few days ago but until now still no sound no pict yet :angry2:

Edited by infinitie

LOL.. yeah loh so ez hor... The lights we wanted is more expensive in lightings.com so we just heck.

The lights are bought online and air freight to SG. It is more expensive than normal down lights lah but it is almost 1/2 the price u can get in SG (shop dependent).

The fan is for my living room. We are thinking of having 52" to 56" type of fan. The other option is alpha or franco. We want black color or dark grey color fan without light.

i'm also getting lights from china..and some other stuff too..will put up pics soon. cheap cheap..makes me happy! :D how much are you paying for air freight per kg? actual weight or volumetric weight?

the fan we got is 48" i think, can't remember leh but its matt black with one light. got it at a good price from A Lighting. every other shop was pushing the glossy black to me but i really dun like glossy black..heng i persisted for matt black and got it!

We have been waiting for more than a month for our finalised 3D drawing (with choosen laminates).

ID thought it was sent, hb asked for it few days ago but until now still no sound no pict yet :angry2:

sounds familiar! haha...our PM also told us the same thing. she thought they already sent it over but they didn't. just keep chasing, you'll get it one. i think they really short of draw-ers cos our PM told us that their draftsman went off to M'sia to get married and hasn't returned to SG but they have a new guy replacing him but as he's new, his drawing may take a while. we were disappointed to see that our drawings didn't show the chosen laminate & counter top after waiting for so long too. when you receive yours, put it up k?