Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

heard it..?? i hate it! :~

hope if he does move, it'll be to Barca with Cesc. :dribble:

hope if Jose Moaningho takes over Madrid, he'll take Gerrard and Lampard with him. Hahaha

Torres CANNOT move to Chelsh1t or Citeh!!! :furious:

Rafa's staying though. :dunno:

i think it's a load of crap though..why would he leave after one bad season? plus he was injured for most of it! after proclaiming his love for the club umpteen times, it will really be a huge blow if he does decide to leave. why hasn't he came out to put to rest all these rubbish... no wonder they call this the silly season. :bleah: yes i agree, he cannot move to another english club!! i feel sick thinking about it.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

yeah lor ... worried mah .. cos big fridge but small flat ;)

oh we won't be needing to worry about that i suppose, cos we're going to hack the wall dividing the hall from the kitchen..so should have more than sufficient space for the fridge. you're so detailed leh, measuring everything from entrance to kitchen :bow:

yeah lor ... worried mah .. cos big fridge but small flat ;)

oh we won't be needing to worry about that i suppose, cos we're going to hack the wall dividing the hall from the kitchen..so should have more than sufficient space for the fridge. you're so detailed leh, measuring everything from entrance to kitchen :bow:

alamak, i see ur conversation, then i realised i nv go check if my fridge can get thru my kitchen door or not. i better go check this weekend or else really :bangwall:

i only started looking at renotalk towards the end of my renovation ... should have look at it earlier.

anyway, i am glad that my renovation was completed a few weeks ago and in the process of moving in ...

it was a nerve wrecking experience though :0

alamak, i see ur conversation, then i realised i nv go check if my fridge can get thru my kitchen door or not. i better go check this weekend or else really :bangwall:

haha.. glad that my blog has helped! :P heng i got no kitchen door to worry about..

i only started looking at renotalk towards the end of my renovation ... should have look at it earlier.

anyway, i am glad that my renovation was completed a few weeks ago and in the process of moving in ...

oh i see, but u can still start a blog to show before & after pictures..

Blueocean,

Like to share with us what u encountered? :)

There are so many things that happened :

1. floor scratched, wall had paint scratched off

2. water pipe was punctured

3. wall mirrors had a shortfall in length

4. Painting was sub-standard with paint dripping over skirting, areas above door frames not painted etc

5. Electrician re-wire the place but only when i was calculating the load and told him circuit may overload then he say ... oh .. later he will change the breaker to a higher rating.

6. Contractor trespassing by bring clients into your apartment without telling you

So everyday whilst the renovation was going on .... you never know what to expect ;)

Blueocean,

Like to share with us what u encountered? :)

4. Painting was sub-standard with paint dripping over skirting, areas above door frames not painted etc

5. Electrician re-wire the place but only when i was calculating the load and told him circuit may overload then he say ... oh .. later he will change the breaker to a higher rating.

6. Contractor trespassing by bring clients into your apartment without telling you

So everyday whilst the renovation was going on .... you never know what to expect ;)

Err who is ur contractor? :(

Sounds similar to many of us I guess.

wah! no wonder you sound like you have a lot of experience with the painting and water piping issues! water pipe punctured - you mean your neighbour's? how did you resolve this?

hey babe, s/steel fridge like this:

es-refrigerator.jpg

no idea if the washer can wash quilt + queensized bedsheet at the same time..but i prefer to wash them separately anyway..bedsheet + pillow cases + quilt cover, quilt on its own..

Thanks ger...

Actually, i meant quilt cover together with bedsheet not quilt... :bangwall:

Quilt should be wash alone due to the thickness.

So, i guess 6.5kg is sufficient for quilt cover+Qsized bedsheet :)

Mine had concealed piping and the carpenter just drilled into the wall when he wanted to mount something. I notice that the newer HDB flats that just TOP now mark all the hidden piping in the toilets.

Anyway, i had given my contractor all the plans for the hidden service pipes before this happened but yet it still happened ! Anyway, they had to hack part of the tile to mend the pipe before plastering it back again. I cant be supervising and checking on all the workers all the time isnt it ? Hmm ... i wonder what is the general contractor for if he cant supervise the sub-contractors ? ;)

Another close shave was when we were installing the accessories and the guy wanted to drill the air-con remote control bracket. He almost wanted to drill through one of the hidden electrical ducts. Fortunately i was there and i said cannot drill there ....

Many years ago, one of the carpenters drilled into a gas pipe in the kitchen. The gas leaked into the adjacent room. A teenager subsequently died whilst sleeping (gas poisoning). Anyway, if you notice, when you activate the City Gas account for the first time, you now have to pay for the City Gas to come to inspect your house to check that there are no leaks.

There is a device called the pipe/metal detector (it costs only $45 from Homefix) but most tradesmen dont use it ...

So that's why i always say, when doing renovations, always have to open eyes big big and cross both your fingers and toes ;)

wah! no wonder you sound like you have a lot of experience with the painting and water piping issues! water pipe punctured - you mean your neighbour's? how did you resolve this?
Edited by blueocean

Thanks ger...

Actually, i meant quilt cover together with bedsheet not quilt... :bangwall:

Quilt should be wash alone due to the thickness.

So, i guess 6.5kg is sufficient for quilt cover+Qsized bedsheet :)

haha i see..i thought i was weird for washing my quilt separately from the bedsheets..have u bought your washer?

Mine had concealed piping and the carpenter just drilled into the wall when he wanted to mount something. I notice that the newer HDB flats that just TOP now mark all the hidden piping in the toilets.

Anyway, i had given my contractor all the plans for the hidden service pipes before this happened but yet it still happened ! Anyway, they had to hack part of the tile to mend the pipe before plastering it back again. I cant be supervising and checking on all the workers all the time isnt it ? Hmm ... i wonder what is the general contractor for if he cant supervise the sub-contractors ? ;)

Another close shave was when we were installing the accessories and the guy wanted to drill the air-con remote control bracket. He almost wanted to drill through one of the hidden electrical ducts. Fortunately i was there and i said cannot drill there ....

Many years ago, one of the carpenters drilled into a gas pipe in the kitchen. The gas leaked into the adjacent room. A teenager subsequently died whilst sleeping (gas poisoning). Anyway, if you notice, when you activate the City Gas account for the first time, you now have to pay for the City Gas to come to inspect your house to check that there are no leaks.

There is a device called the pipe/metal detector (it costs only $45 from Homefix) but most tradesmen dont use it ...

So that's why i always say, when doing renovations, always have to open eyes big big and cross both your fingers and toes ;)

:o gas pipe leaking sounds really scary..! maybe thats the reason why hdb don't allow concealed pipings. how did you know the house had all these hidden pipes/ducts? and how much do we have to pay citygas to inspect? never heard about this from the citygas people when we were there..

My floor plan had a services plan diagram indicating the path of the various services.

My gas was never turned on before in my unit so when I called City Gas, they told me that someone had to come down and the fee was $35.