Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
titanax

Looking For Ea In Bishan - How Much Cov Is Acceptable?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

I'm looking for a place for an upgrade, how much COV is considered acceptable? Can someone advise?

You can log into HDB's website to check on the last two quarter's COV around the Bishan area to get a feel of how much you will have to fork out. Typically , multiply the HDB statistics by 2. Actual COV will depend on seller and how much money you have to 'throw' away. EAs are premium flats now because their floor area is big as compared with big condos but cost less than half in terms of price.

Unless the seller is a desparate seller, be prepared to fork out in excess of $40K for COV.

You can log into HDB's website to check on the last two quarter's COV around the Bishan area to get a feel of how much you will have to fork out. Typically , multiply the HDB statistics by 2. Actual COV will depend on seller and how much money you have to 'throw' away. EAs are premium flats now because their floor area is big as compared with big condos but cost less than half in terms of price.

Unless the seller is a desparate seller, be prepared to fork out in excess of $40K for COV.

thanks asoon88, i do not know if 40k is too high or not, i see this forum where others are saying they are getting COV requests for 30k & above for 3, 4 room flats for areas in bukit batok & jurong. its hard to do a litmus test...

Edited by titanax

thanks asoon88, i do not know if 40k is too high or not, i see this forum where others are saying they are getting COV requests for 30k & above for 3, 4 room flats for areas in bukit batok & jurong. its hard to do a litmus test...

If I am selling an EA in Bishan, I will be asking for as much as $100K COV. It really boils down to how much you are willing to part with cold hard cash.

If you had struck last Monday's TOTO, $100K COV would be chicken-feet. However, if you are earning a decent salary and making ends meet, a $10K COV is already considered too high. What you must decide for yourself is not to overpay for something that the market is not ready to offer. If the Bishan EA is in a good spot, well kept, $100K COV may be justified.

For Bishan it is about COV 40k for an average executive unit, as there is low Supply and high Demand, Bishan is a comparably smaller estate....

I have 7 groups of buyers looking at EMs there...so you can imagine how prices can be bidded up...

If I am selling an EA in Bishan, I will be asking for as much as $100K COV. It really boils down to how much you are willing to part with cold hard cash.

If you had struck last Monday's TOTO, $100K COV would be chicken-feet. However, if you are earning a decent salary and making ends meet, a $10K COV is already considered too high. What you must decide for yourself is not to overpay for something that the market is not ready to offer. If the Bishan EA is in a good spot, well kept, $100K COV may be justified.

Exactly, there is an EM asking COV 100k right now.....

I recommend u to start calling up property ads and go view some EMs in Bishan. The viewing will give u a feel of the range of the asking COVs.

Instead of Bukit Batok and Jurong, you should be referencing the prices of the towns nearby Bishan eg. Ang Mo Kio and Toa Payoh.

You must also evaluate your side, how much cash are you able to fork out for COV? Don't forget, you still need to pay for your renovation and furnishing (furniture, applicances).

Good luck for your house hunting :)

Edited by forgotten

Don't think $100k COV is justified at all. The location and the condition is already factored in the valuation of the place. The valuation is likely to be quite high for an EA in bishan already, so you have to consider the overall price that you are willing to pay, not just the COV.

err...you're not just saying this because of that moron who is in the papers right?? 5k oso don't wana budge...he really rocked the boat for sincere buyers who are looking to buy in Bishan area..

on 2nd thoughts, i shouldn't be hasty in calling him a moron..if ppl are willing to pay 100k COV, who am I to comment on his sanity...:P

Edited by titanax

I recommend u to start calling up property ads and go view some EMs in Bishan. The viewing will give u a feel of the range of the asking COVs.

Instead of Bukit Batok and Jurong, you should be referencing the prices of the towns nearby Bishan eg. Ang Mo Kio and Toa Payoh.

You must also evaluate your side, how much cash are you able to fork out for COV? Don't forget, you still need to pay for your renovation and furnishing (furniture, applicances).

Good luck for your house hunting :)

thank you for the blessings forgotten :) , i won't be looking at EMs, only EAs. Im not too fanciful on climbing up and down the stairs every 10 mins & I'm a bit paranoid when it involves my old folks or a really young kid. But that's my personal preference & no offense to the EM bros & sis here :thumbs up:

I have also looked at the prices offered at Bishan St 22 to 24 areas, COV is quite high & its all EMs so far, no EA offers.

Does anyone know what is the deal with this area & why it is more ex than the rest of the Bishan estate? The most common sell I see is "near to RI" but if you use Google Map to calculate distance, St 11 & St 12 is definitely much near.

Maybe there are some nightlife activity being planned at Bishan Park machan a small scale Clark Quay, maybe? :huh: